Is Bo a Top-10 coach?

NUance

Top 10 Winningest Coaches (minimum 2 yrs; at BCS conference school)

1. Chip Kelly Oregon ($2.9M) 3yrs 32-6 84%

2. Bob Stoops Oklahoma ($4.6M) 13yrs 138-33 81%

3. Bret Bielema Wisconsin ($1.6M) 6yrs 59-18 77%

4. Mark Richt Georgia ($3.5M) 11yrs 106-36 75%

5. Bobby Petrino Arkansas ($3.7) 8yrs 74-26 74%

6. Brian Kelly Notre Dame ($2.8M) 21yrs 187-66 73%

7. Les Miles LSU ($3.9M) 11yrs 102-38 73%

8. Nick Saban Alabama ($4.7M) 16yrs 146-54-1 73%

9. Bo Pelini Nebraska ($2.8M) 4yrs 39-15 72%

10. Kyle Whittingham Utah ($1.3M) 7yrs 64-25 72% (< you could argue that Whittington should not be on this list since Utah was not BCS last year. #11 is Steve Spurrier.)

This list includes coaches with a minimum of two years coaching experience who now coach at a school in a BCS conference. (Guys ahead of Bo who coach at non-BCS schools or < 1yr: Hugh Freeze, Arkansas State; Gary Patterson, TCU (moving to B12 next yr); Dave Doeren, Northern Illinois; Mark Hudspeth, La. Lafayette; Bronco Mendenhall, BYU; Dana Holgorsen, West Virginia (only one yr))

So, is Bo a top-10 coach or not? (Are there other factors that should be considered? Other coaches that bump Bo down the list? )

I don't think "winningest" is the best way to measure who the best coaches are, I can't really articulate why though. There are several coaches that would be on my list that didn't make that one...I mean I love UW but Brett isn't one of the best ten HC's around. I don't think Brian Kelly is either.

2 years is just such a short time period to make a judgement on a Head Coaches abilities. 4 years is even too short of a period to judge that in my opinion. I think 5 or 6 years is really a justifiable shot. I would have said after Bo's first couple years here that this year was going to be the year we won at least a conference championship. That didn't happen, but that's not to say all is lost. I will say that I think next year will be very big for Bo and Nebraska. We can go up or down from here, but it's definitely a defining year next year in my opinion.

Why are we stirring this pot? All is not good on the Nebraska front. We need to support the program right now. A lot of turmoil and alot of it we are causing it seems(fans). There is no need to get one side going against the other. JMO

We just came through a brutal schedule, playing in a new tough conference--and we stumbled a bit. Fans are down on Bo right now. Some fans anyway. I just wanted to show that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. There aren't *that* many BCS conf coaches out there who are doing better. We are a very spoiled fanbase.

• Fire 2