Is Bo a Top-10 coach?

NUance

it is so ridiculous that people state "Bo is not a top10 coach because he has not won a conference title or has not been to a bcs bowl." Would Bo be any better as a coach if there was no extra second left on the clock against TX??

Simple answer: he would be infinitely better. He would be even better than that had Taylor not thrown that pick in the end-zone when up 17 on OU last year as well.

No, only your perception of him would be different. He would be a championship coach. And the coach of a championship team has to be good, right? But how much of the outcome of the CSG against TX was in Bo's hand? Colt McCoy holds a little longer onto the ball, throws it a little further and NU wins. Or you have a different referee who thinks there was no sec left on the clock and we win. Or Dan Beebe is not the commmissioner of the BIG XII and we win. At the end of the day it was bad luck or a big injustice but nothing Bo could have done about.

And yet you say he wins he is so much better, he loses, well not so good. That reminds me of little kids who think they can't be seen when they close their eyes.

To determine a good coach is pretty tough IMO too many circumstances that play a role. But simply going by wins or championships is definitely to easy.

It was sarcasm. I thought you made a great point originally.

no, he has no signature wins and no BCS appearances......

What constitutes a signature win?

I would define it as beating a team that finishes the year in the top ten. To my knowledge, that has never happened. Closest he's ever come was beating Oklahoma State last year and they finished ranked 13th with an 11-2 record. This year's Michigan State win could end up being his best, but it's pretty in line with Okie State last year to me. I have a hard time classifying last year's win over Okie Lite as a "signature win".

I think when Frank got fired and Bo came in. We beat Michigan State in our bowl game that year. THAT was a signature win at the time. People around here talked about that game for months!

Where is Barry on this list since he apparently spent so much time at NU.

It's always about you Badgerfan, isn't it?

I think when Frank got fired and Bo came in. We beat Michigan State in our bowl game that year. THAT was a signature win at the time. People around here talked about that game for months!

I'm gonna wait until Bo has 3 national championships 250+ career wins and better than a 83% winning percentage before I'll consider Bo a good coach and worthy of the discussion of Top 10.

True Nebraska fans only judge success when compared to the greatest college football coach ever and until Bo achieves or exceeds these minimum standards for excellence, consider him on the hot seat.

Real Nebraska football only existed in the 90's. Anything less than one of the greatest football dynasties in the history of college football, and Bo can eat my socks.

Top 10? Signature wins?

Hrmmph!

Show me a Paul "Bear" Bryant Lifetime Achievement Award, and we can talk.

I'm gonna wait until Bo has 3 national championships 250+ career wins and better than a 83% winning percentage before I'll consider Bo a good coach and worthy of the discussion of Top 10.

True Nebraska fans only judge success when compared to the greatest college football coach ever and until Bo achieves or exceeds these minimum standards for excellence, consider him on the hot seat.

Real Nebraska football only existed in the 90's. Anything less than one of the greatest football dynasties in the history of college football, and Bo can eat my socks.

Top 10? Signature wins?

Hrmmph!

I wasn't really directing that comment at you in particular, I just wanted to hear people's opinions....yea and you're right It's my world you all are just living in it. chuckleshuffle

Top 10? Signature wins?

Hrmmph!

not-sure-if-serious.jpg

I wasn't really directing that comment at you in particular, I just wanted to hear people's opinions....yea and you're right It's my world you all are just living in it. chuckleshuffle

Well you can consider ALL my comments directed at you Badgerfan. :nutz

Poking Husker fans with sticks all day on a message board... geez. :devil

Top 10? Signature wins?

Hrmmph!

Well you need to do something about the smell down here in Oklahoma. Maybe it is coming from Texas. Fix it please.

Well you can consider ALL my comments directed at you Badgerfan. :nutz

Poking Husker fans with sticks all day on a message board... geez. :devil

I haven't seen you post before but I like you already :cheers

no, he has no signature wins and no BCS appearances......

Jerry Moore has a signature win......Oh you've never heard of him?

Randy Edsall has a BCS appearance.......He just wrapped up a 2-10 effort in Maryland this season.

:facepalm: The facepalm sure is getting a workout today.

Great pull on coaches that match the criterion set forth by some, to be considered "successful". I'm with you...I think we should stick with Bo for a while.

I found this kind of intersting

"Huskers are one of just six BCS teams that have won at least nine games over the past four seasons. “It’s an elite list and does not include Ohio State, Michigan, Texas or Oklahoma,” Sharpe said."

I would have to say Yes I hate the blow outs but if only six teams have been able to do it then I will take that.

"Huskers are one of just six BCS teams that have won at least nine games over the past four seasons. “It’s an elite list and does not include Ohio State, Michigan, Texas or Oklahoma,” Sharpe said."

I would have to say Yes I hate the blow outs but if only six teams have been able to do it then I will take that.

Who are the other 5 teams?...Just out of curiosity.

Yes but those 4 teams have been in the national title hunt in November within the last 6 years.