Michigan at Nebraska (2012 game)

First of all, I just want to welcome Nebraska to the Big Ten. As a Univ of Michigan alum and a huge fan of college football, it is an honor to have such an awesome football program in the Big Ten conference. It is an greater honor to have a school with such wonderful, classy fans as yourselves, in the same division as Michigan.

Though I'm a huge Michigan fan, I've always had great respect for the Nebraska program and for Tom Osborne. You guys represent what college football should be all about: toughness, grace, dignity, and integrity. Nebraska is truly the mecca for college football.

Anyhow, do you guys think that Michgan at Nebraska will be an ABC/ESPN night game in 2012? I say, yes, most definately. First, it will be Michigan's first time traveling to Lincoln for a football game. Second, the game is in October and the Nebraska/Michigan game was a highly rated game on ESPN this year. I know the game was lopsited, but it did gather interest. I think Tom Osborne is pushing for Michigan/Nebraska to be a night game, for those exact reasons.

Regardless of what happened in this year's game, I still say that Nebraska is going to be our biggest rival in the Legends division, besides Michigan State. Nebraska has history, tradition, and name brand on its side, along with Michigan and Ohio State. I am looking forward to watching some great games between Michigan and Nebraska.

I say the game in 2012 is going to be an instant classic. I don't see Michigan blowing out Nebraska again, definately not in Lincoln. Nebraska will definately be ready for my Michigan Wolverines in 2012, and its and its going to be a close, hard fought game. Michigan is improving and I think Nebraska will be a better team in 2012. So I'm ready for a great game.

God bless you all, my friends! Thank you for being such wonderful fans.

p.s. Michigan and Nebraska both disserved to win the 1997 National Championship. Both were undefeated, and both had great times. They truly were the two best teams in college football that year. Both disserved it, IMO.

• Fire 3

Welcome! We hope you'll visit our board often. I would love to see the game in Lincoln be a night game next year. That would be really great. We're a little tired of all these 11:00 a.m. games. We're not used to them. Our games have always been either in the afternoon or evening so this was kind of weird for us!

Michigan is a good team. Hoke has brought them far this year and no doubt will be bringing a great team again next year. I think the Huskers will bring a competitive game next year. We play better at home (doesn't every one!) :)

So welcome and join us in Lincoln next year!

I can truely say that when we were in the Big-8/12 conference I always thought Michigan fans thought they were better than everyone else because they were "Michigan". Always hated seeing them on TV and liked it when they lost!

However......my thoughts and ideas were only clouded and misguided because of the love for my own team. Thanks for the kind words Wolviefan and I WISH you guys get a BCS game and also win!!

As for next years game, if both teams only have 1 loss or fewer than most definetly it could be a night game!

ps. One of my favorite college football video clips has to be when Charles Woodson has a rose in his mouth signifying a Rose Bowl Berth....

Go Tar Heels, beat Wiscy tonight!

I will end you.

Wait...why is this posted here?

It apparently doesn't matter...you should know...Suh thread...NFL...you posted a 100 times...listed under Husker football?

mmmm you have a point...

And I have no beef with you or Wiscy on this FWIW...been a Tar Heel basketball fan since Jordan was a freshman. Just hoping they can rebound after that bad loss against a better-than-people-expected-UNLV team out in Vegas. And I'll type 'Suh' just to make sure this is a 'Husker football' relevant post.

I'm seeing a trend with our new opponents that is encouraging. Most all have been very appreciative of us joining and have been respectful. Compared to the former opponents it's very refreshing that friendly rivalries can be formed. Badger fan had become one of my faves.

Yeah...other than every team he supports ;)

I can truely say that when we were in the Big-8/12 conference I always thought Michigan fans thought they were better than everyone else because they were "Michigan". Always hated seeing them on TV and liked it when they lost!

However......my thoughts and ideas were only clouded and misguided because of the love for my own team. Thanks for the kind words Wolviefan and I WISH you guys get a BCS game and also win!!

As for next years game, if both teams only have 1 loss or fewer than most definetly it could be a night game!

ps. One of my favorite college football video clips has to be when Charles Woodson has a rose in his mouth signifying a Rose Bowl Berth....

I agree that us Michigan fans were spoiled. We became so used to winning, that yes, we did become arrogant. I think the whole Rich Rod fiasco humbled the entire Michigan fanbase. No longer will we disrespect our opponents. No longer will we take anything for granted. I've learned to appreciate my football team a bit more, and to appreciate good compeition more.

Bad times often humbles us and its safe to say the entire Michigan fanbase has been humbled. Now that the football program is back on the mend and becoming relevant again, I will never take anything for granted ever again. I am just happy to have a good football team again. Not to mention, I am excited about the future of the Michigan football program, and the future of college football as a whole. I truly believe the Big Ten is going to become the best conference in the next two or three years. I think the addition of Nebraska to the conference, as well as Michigan becoming a national power again, along with Ohio State becoming a national power again, and Michigan State, Wisconsin, and even Iowa becoming a force will play a factor in all of that.

I'm seeing a trend with our new opponents that is encouraging. Most all have been very appreciative of us joining and have been respectful. Compared to the former opponents it's very refreshing that friendly rivalries can be formed. Badger fan had become one of my faves.

Yeah...other than every team he supports ;)

What if I was actually a closet Husker fan? Wouldn't that blow your mind....hmmmm

First of all, I just want to welcome Nebraska to the Big Ten. As a Univ of Michigan alum and a huge fan of college football, it is an honor to have such an awesome football program in the Big Ten conference. It is an greater honor to have a school with such wonderful, classy fans as yourselves, in the same division as Michigan.

Though I'm a huge Michigan fan, I've always had great respect for the Nebraska program and for Tom Osborne. You guys represent what college football should be all about: toughness, grace, dignity, and integrity. Nebraska is truly the mecca for college football.

Anyhow, do you guys think that Michgan at Nebraska will be an ABC/ESPN night game in 2012? I say, yes, most definately. First, it will be Michigan's first time traveling to Lincoln for a football game. Second, the game is in October and the Nebraska/Michigan game was a highly rated game on ESPN this year. I know the game was lopsited, but it did gather interest. I think Tom Osborne is pushing for Michigan/Nebraska to be a night game, for those exact reasons.

Regardless of what happened in this year's game, I still say that Nebraska is going to be our biggest rival in the Legends division, besides Michigan State. Nebraska has history, tradition, and name brand on its side, along with Michigan and Ohio State. I am looking forward to watching some great games between Michigan and Nebraska.

I say the game in 2012 is going to be an instant classic. I don't see Michigan blowing out Nebraska again, definately not in Lincoln. Nebraska will definately be ready for my Michigan Wolverines in 2012, and its and its going to be a close, hard fought game. Michigan is improving and I think Nebraska will be a better team in 2012. So I'm ready for a great game.

God bless you all, my friends! Thank you for being such wonderful fans.

p.s. Michigan and Nebraska both disserved to win the 1997 National Championship. Both were undefeated, and both had great times. They truly were the two best teams in college football that year. Both disserved it, IMO.

Michigan was always one of my favorite teams growing up. Hell of a first post by the way. it will be great to see Michigan down here this year.