Michigan at Nebraska (2012 game)

Yes As I said in another post WELCOME BIG RED, the 2011 game was more or less Michigans because the Huskers turned the ball over to M, Im sure next year at NEB it wont happen again, And congrats on your bug win over OSU and Iowa looking forward to rooting the huskers on in there bowl,and many good games in the future,

Will Michigan blow out Nebraska again in 2012? Well they never blew out the Huskers in 2011. The Huskers blew out the Huskers. If the Huskers fumble a punt, a kick, commit stupid penalties to extend drives, and drop punts, they will get blown out by any team in the Big 10 not named Minnesota.

First of all, I just want to welcome Nebraska to the Big Ten. As a Univ of Michigan alum and a huge fan of college football, it is an honor to have such an awesome football program in the Big Ten conference. It is an greater honor to have a school with such wonderful, classy fans as yourselves, in the same division as Michigan.

Though I'm a huge Michigan fan, I've always had great respect for the Nebraska program and for Tom Osborne. You guys represent what college football should be all about: toughness, grace, dignity, and integrity. Nebraska is truly the mecca for college football.

Anyhow, do you guys think that Michgan at Nebraska will be an ABC/ESPN night game in 2012? I say, yes, most definately. First, it will be Michigan's first time traveling to Lincoln for a football game. Second, the game is in October and the Nebraska/Michigan game was a highly rated game on ESPN this year. I know the game was lopsited, but it did gather interest. I think Tom Osborne is pushing for Michigan/Nebraska to be a night game, for those exact reasons.

Regardless of what happened in this year's game, I still say that Nebraska is going to be our biggest rival in the Legends division, besides Michigan State. Nebraska has history, tradition, and name brand on its side, along with Michigan and Ohio State. I am looking forward to watching some great games between Michigan and Nebraska.

I say the game in 2012 is going to be an instant classic. I don't see Michigan blowing out Nebraska again, definately not in Lincoln. Nebraska will definately be ready for my Michigan Wolverines in 2012, and its and its going to be a close, hard fought game. Michigan is improving and I think Nebraska will be a better team in 2012. So I'm ready for a great game.

God bless you all, my friends! Thank you for being such wonderful fans.

p.s. Michigan and Nebraska both disserved to win the 1997 National Championship. Both were undefeated, and both had great times. They truly were the two best teams in college football that year. Both disserved it, IMO.

Just like the OSU game this year, this should be a night game. This game and Wisconsin are the ones I am most excited to see at home next year!

I've always enjoyed Nebraska football, I grew up a Michigan fan first and foremost, but my dad was from Omaha and I used to watch Nebraska games as well, growing up I never knew what the Red River Rivalry was, but the Nebraska, Oklahoma game...? THAT was the other rivalry game in my opinion, at least when I was growing up, next year's game should be a great one at one of the best venues in college football...

I was a fan of Michigan when they had old coach Bo. with Howard, Grbac etc. Both teams did not deserve the NC in 1997. Did you watch Nebraska play (and destroy) Tennessee in the bowl? We watched Michigan barely defeat Wash. St. and it came down to the last play.

did you watch the Colorado game...? we destroyed Colorado 27-3, unless two teams meet on the field we could play the opinion game all day, but at the end of the day none of us can prove anything, either way...

I've always enjoyed Nebraska football, I grew up a Michigan fan first and foremost, but my dad was from Omaha and I used to watch Nebraska games as well, growing up I never knew what the Red River Rivalry was, but the Nebraska, Oklahoma game...? THAT was the other rivalry game in my opinion, at least when I was growing up, next year's game should be a great one at one of the best venues in college football...

Are you asking is that what the game was called between Nebraska and Oklahoma...? Well, the answer is no, that game is referred to the Texas-Oklahoma game, but I understand what you are trying to get across! Once again, welcome aboard and tell your friends!

I think the NU - Mich game could develop into a GREAT rivalry. After graduating from NU and moving to Illinois for a job, I ran into a lot of Michigan fans & watch quite a few bowl games with them. I learned to respect their intensity, loyalty and decency. Some fans from other schools seem to show that they are mean-spirited when they lose. Michigan fan never did that. Admittedly a small sample, but I always respected Michigan.

Having said that, I hope NU dominates the series!

Are you asking is that what the game was called between Nebraska and Oklahoma...? Well, the answer is no, that game is referred to the Texas-Oklahoma game, but I understand what you are trying to get across! Once again, welcome aboard and tell your friends!

no, I'm saying that I knew that Texas/Oklahoma was a rivalry, but I didn't really consider it a big rivalry so I never really knew it actually had a name (Red River Rivalry) until I got older, I basically just didn't pay attention to it...lol, the only two rivalries I ever paid attention to, the ones that really mattered imo, when I was younger were the Oklahoma/Nebraska and Michigan/Ohio State rivalry games...

First of all, I just want to welcome Nebraska to the Big Ten. As a Univ of Michigan alum and a huge fan of college football, it is an honor to have such an awesome football program in the Big Ten conference. It is an greater honor to have a school with such wonderful, classy fans as yourselves, in the same division as Michigan.

Though I'm a huge Michigan fan, I've always had great respect for the Nebraska program and for Tom Osborne. You guys represent what college football should be all about: toughness, grace, dignity, and integrity. Nebraska is truly the mecca for college football.

Anyhow, do you guys think that Michgan at Nebraska will be an ABC/ESPN night game in 2012? I say, yes, most definately. First, it will be Michigan's first time traveling to Lincoln for a football game. Second, the game is in October and the Nebraska/Michigan game was a highly rated game on ESPN this year. I know the game was lopsited, but it did gather interest. I think Tom Osborne is pushing for Michigan/Nebraska to be a night game, for those exact reasons.

Regardless of what happened in this year's game, I still say that Nebraska is going to be our biggest rival in the Legends division, besides Michigan State. Nebraska has history, tradition, and name brand on its side, along with Michigan and Ohio State. I am looking forward to watching some great games between Michigan and Nebraska.

I say the game in 2012 is going to be an instant classic. I don't see Michigan blowing out Nebraska again, definately not in Lincoln. Nebraska will definately be ready for my Michigan Wolverines in 2012, and its and its going to be a close, hard fought game. Michigan is improving and I think Nebraska will be a better team in 2012. So I'm ready for a great game.

p.s. Michigan and Nebraska both disserved to win the 1997 National Championship. Both were undefeated, and both had great times. They truly were the two best teams in college football that year. Both disserved it, IMO.

Welcome Wolviefan, glad to have you here, but I will always disagree that Michigan deserved a share of the title 97 because at the time the Bowl Alliance which was the BCS's predecessor did not include the Big 10 or Pac 10 because those two conferences would not commit their champion to a bowl outside of the Rose. If they wanted an undisputed national champ, at least in our current BCS teams, the schools of the PAC 10 and Big 10 should not have been so selfish and joined earlier. In a way though it was good because the fact that Michigan and Nebraska shared it that year helped get everyone on board of our current system, as flawed as it may still be.

Welcome Wolviefan, glad to have you here, but I will always disagree that Michigan deserved a share of the title 97 because at the time the Bowl Alliance which was the BCS's predecessor did not include the Big 10 or Pac 10 because those two conferences would not commit their champion to a bowl outside of the Rose. If they wanted an undisputed national champ, at least in our current BCS teams, the schools of the PAC 10 and Big 10 should not have been so selfish and joined earlier. In a way though it was good because the fact that Michigan and Nebraska shared it that year helped get everyone on board of our current system, as flawed as it may still be.

the reason the two conferences didn't comply was because the Rose Bowl had the biggest payout, I doubt the other conferences would've done any different if they had been tied to the bowl with the biggest payout either, bowls are all about making money...period, not crowning a national champion and putting the best teams and best match ups together, this is evident in the fact that if MSU loses the B1GCG they could fall way down the list of bowl games available even though they're clearly one of the best teams in the conference, if the NCAA wanted a true national champion they'd have a playoff like every other sport...