NU/SC Game changers

One guy I can't believe hasn't been mentioned yet is Bruce Ellington (#23 - SO - WR). He's a two sport star right now. He plays WR on the football team and is the starting Point Guard on the BB team. He played some QB in high school and SOS (spurrier) has done some direct snaps to him in the wildcock set. In that formation it's usually a run/pass option utilizing his speed.

I don't know if I could put Bruce or Ace in Gamechanger status. To me a Gamechanger would be the guy who could create 1-2 MAJOR or a series of big plays that the general public would point at saying, "that's the play/series when (insert school name) sealed the deal." Ellington had 2 Big plays this year (rushing TD against kentucky and receiving TD against clemtech) as well as a fist full of nice returns. Ace had 1 nice bomb catch against florida and the punt return TD against ecu was amazing. However, IMO these 2 guys don't do those things often enough for me to classify them as Gamechangers.

However, Shaw, Jeffrey, Ingram, Clowney, Swearinger,Gilmore and Allen are MOST DEFINITELY Gamechangers. Those guys make huge plays on a much more consistent basis AND have each had plays which directly effected the final score, to the affect that we would WIN the game.

I don't know if I could put Bruce or Ace in Gamechanger status. To me a Gamechanger would be the guy who could create 1-2 MAJOR or a series of big plays that the general public would point at saying, "that's the play/series when (insert school name) sealed the deal." Ellington had 2 Big plays this year (rushing TD against kentucky and receiving TD against clemtech) as well as a fist full of nice returns. Ace had 1 nice bomb catch against florida and the punt return TD against ecu was amazing. However, IMO these 2 guys don't do those things often enough for me to classify them as Gamechangers.

However, Shaw, Jeffrey, Ingram, Clowney, Swearinger,Gilmore and Allen are MOST DEFINITELY Gamechangers. Those guys make huge plays on a much more consistent basis AND have each had plays which directly effected the final score, to the affect that we would WIN the game.

Point taken and I don't disagree, but in reality I mis-named the thread. It really was intended to be a scouting report for both teams with guys to watch for, "game changers" or not.

Really eager to see how Compton plays in the bowl game, he has been flying under the radar, but the last 3-4 games he's been pretty solid. I expect Lavonte and Dennard to play out of their minds. In my opinion though Taylor will be the difference maker to our team in this game as it all will depend on his reads and his ability to make plays and not turn it over.

Hi guys, looking forward to a great game. I've stayed away from posting till now because there was just too much of the bickering (thanks to your resident Tiger fan). But this is a nice little thread and I was surprised that 2 particular Gamecocks hadn't been mentioned yet.

You all knew about Marcus Lattimore, but since he's been hurt, our true freshman Brandon Wilds has stepped up with multiple 100 yard performances and has been a really nice surprise for us. He only had 13 carries in the first 7 games. Since then, though, he's had 3 100 yard performances in his final 5 games (note that Kenny Miles was the primary ball carrier against Clemson and nearly reached 100 yards in that game and was our leading rusher 2 years ago). Here are Brandon's stats and a video of him:

Brandon Wilds: 107 att, 486 yds, 4.5 avg, 47 lng, 3 TD, 15 rec, 136 yds, 9.1 avg, 20 lng, 0 TD

(unfortunately there's not a lot of video on Wilds since he hasn't had many scores, but this is the best clip I could find)

The other guy to watch out for is Rory "Buster" Anderson (that was already his nickname, we didn't give it to him), a true freshman tight end. Rory hasn't been too active since he's not our starting TE (that would be Justice Cunningham, who is also very good). But 3 of his 7 receptions have been for TD's, and he's averaging 23.9 ypc. They have been pretty electric plays, too:

He'd score a TD later on that drive.

Really eager to see how Compton plays in the bowl game, he has been flying under the radar, but the last 3-4 games he's been pretty solid. I expect Lavonte and Dennard to play out of their minds. In my opinion though Taylor will be the difference maker to our team in this game as it all will depend on his reads and his ability to make plays and not turn it over.

Taylor can definitely make or break a game, but I hear Crick will be playing. If so he will have to step up his play being he was out for so long.

Taylor can definitely make or break a game, but I hear Crick will be playing. If so he will have to step up his play being he was out for so long.

I highly doubt Jared Crick will be back for the bowl game. However i wouldnt mind seeing him out there one last time.