3rd and long

My personal favorite play is a cover 3 out of the nickel........ but just like anything else, it's not about eliminating weaknesses, it's knowing where they are and how to play off them

I really don't know enough to say more. It seems like Cos is trying to get something to work, but apparently it isn't working.....

hmmm

:woo Go Big Red

Obviously, I am not suggesting we blitz everyone. I'm just suggesting at least 4 linemen and maybe 1 linebacker. If it's 3rd and long, the secondary is going to be the target, so I do not see why you don't send at least one linebacker, as they probably won't be covering downfield anyway (at least I hope not). Have we shown at all this year that our secondary can match up very well against anyone? No. Has Bomar (a freshman) shown he does not throw well under pressure? Yes.

Yeah lets bring everyone on a blitz and get beat deep ;) We would have had to bring a lot of people to get to the QB. Dont blame it all on the coaches the players have a responsoblilty

You don't have to blitz everyone. bring 4 or 5 and cover. The defensive backfield didn't play too bad today. The qb had 5 or 6 seconds when we brought 3. It doesn't work with our players. Look at the previous weeks. Look at last year.

I didn't understand the 3-man rush crap. Bomar is a freshman and going to get rattled and make mistakes. Why not sell out and bring everyone on a blitz? Better than letting him stand tall for 8 seconds then find an open man for a first down. That last TD drive in the fourth absolutely killed NU. 4 or 5 first downs converted on 3rd and long, 1 4th down conversion. Horrible. We're not talkin about Jason White here, this is a FRESHMAN!

I didn't understand the 3-man rush crap. Bomar is a freshman and going to get rattled and make mistakes. Why not sell out and bring everyone on a blitz? Better than letting him stand tall for 8 seconds then find an open man for a first down. That last TD drive in the fourth absolutely killed NU. 4 or 5 first downs converted on 3rd and long, 1 4th down conversion. Horrible. We're not talkin about Jason White here, this is a FRESHMAN!

I dont like the 3 man line much, unless you can bring 2 or 3 to blitz. It's an okay scheme to run as a change up.

My concern, as I have been saying for a few weeks, is that when he runs this, its normally against teams that spread the field, and instead of having his top 3 CBs, and maybe Shanle and Jackson playing back there providing SPEED, he plays a 3-4, and puts his MLB on a WR.

I just dont think that NU has enough speed for any of its LBs (except maybe Octavian) to cover WRs.

Sorry, but I still think coz and his system suck dedhoarse I dont much care about "not buying in," and IMO, I dont think that he sees a difference between the Big 10 and the Big 12.