Big XII refs

If I was Callahan and Co., I would be on the big XII about there lack of fair officiating. 1 holding call against our opponents in 8 games, and at least 2 obvious infractions today (one on a TD). That doesn't sound like they are doing their job to me. But then again, you can't depend on officials to win a game.

I agree..... but I think that this is something that other people, besides BC, need to get up in arms about....

One teams head coach doesn't say much...

either a collective movement from the fans, or just other people in the Big 12 community/with NCAA leverage that can make a statement about this.

what I don't like to hear is it being reported so very much all over the internet by fans who saw the game. I think it's time to start doing something, however, I really don't have any solid suggestions at the moment...

Did the officials cost us the game? No.

Did the officials change the course of the game? Probably

Did the officials suck? Yes indeed.

I don't know why but officiating has been the worst this year that I have ever seen it, the big 12 in particular. The simplae fact that only ONE, yes ONE holding calls have been called on Husker opponents this season is a complete joke. I will never accuse an official of losing a game for a team, but that can change the course of one.

Have you ever seen an Ref get in a head coaches face like that dude did today? That was like a baseball umpire going after a manager. That fat bastards gut was really moving when he was yelling at Billy C.

Sorry Benard I called the ref a "Bastard". That's not very classy of me. :wacko:

Yeah, I noticed that, it seemed very unprofessional to me. If he was mad give him a penalty but to get up in his face that is just rediculous. Callahan is pretty mellow, for the most part on the sidelines, when you see him get that irate you can pretty much be sure that the officials missed something.

I also hate to blame a game on the refs, but think of how much different it could be and I can't help but believe that we could have won if they had a combined IQ of at least 36. These guys are an absolute disgrace. I'd love to get the address of any of these guys so I can give them a piece of my mind. There were 2 blatant holding calls on that one TD. This is absolutely inexcusable. These guys get payed to make these calls and they're not. Someone needs to be fired.

I don't ever say the refs lost a game for us, but they are obligated to call a fair game. It feels like a conspiracy against us. If they aren't going to call obvious holding calls on our opponents, then be consistent and keep the flag of the field when we're on offense.

Anyone know how many holding calls we've had this year?