Potential QB Debate: Devin Fuller or Tommy Armstrong

Funny how every coach that has played Fuller's team the last couple of years have all said the same thing. They thought he wasn't a thrower and then walked away beyond impressed, saying the kid is a college QB.

Devin Fuller is more or less Jamal Turner all hopped up on suggar. The kid is playmaker, that SHOULD NEVER see the defensive side of the ball as someone suggested.

speed is pretty on with the Randal-El/Pat White comparison. I also think of Joey Hamelton out of Ga Tech.

• Fire 1

Is it likely that we take two, with the intent that one redshirts while the other plays (if only on special teams or somesuch)?

With the current QB situation, this staff realizes that two QBs is a must. Wasn't the plan heading into this recruiting class, but attrition can be a bitch.

Anyways, bring in both(or even Anthony Alford, a longshot) see which one can get a hold of the offense and potentially redshirt one. With Fuller, there is the option of letting him play another position being such a dynamic athlete. The possibilities are great and potentially a huge positive.

Just need the other half of the "debate" to make it official. And that may be a little longer. So again Patience

I don't think Fuller is fast as some think. He's very quick though and is a playmaker. (I based this suggestion on level of competition and testing scores.)

He is a good player that I would like to see as a husker. They don't show too many highlights of him throwing different types of passes so it's hard to guess how he will be in the passing game. I say give him a shot at QB and if he doesn't thrive there he has quick hips and could play WR or DB, whatever the team would need. How ever it ends up the kid is a good football player and will get on the field.

I think Armstrong is more complete QB at this time and plays a higher level of competition. I think he has had an opportunity to play with other great players and how to manage that. I think he has the edge.

i just dont see it. people say that because he is the more "complete" qb armstrong will be the better player in our offense but i think most would also agree that Brion Carnes is also a better passer than Martinez and he still has adequate rushing ability yet he is behind Martinez whom is not as "complete" a qb as carnes when considering passing ability.

remember that in 2007 (ku orange bowl season) that Beck was the wide receivers and passing game coordinator, while ed warinner was the OC and qb coach at KU. Beck had little to do with Reesing, he just designed the routes etc. and made sure that they were executed. To me it appears quite obvious that Beck likes a run first offense because if he didnt Martinez wouldnt be the starting qb as we do have better passing qbs on the roster.

so my question is, what in the bloody blue hell makes anyone think that beck prefers a qb that passes better than rushes?