Is Delany too old-school? (or an idiot?)

treyball3

I might be in the minority here but I don't mind the random small bowl games. Keeps college football on the television throughout the holidays.

I'm with ya. People who don't want to watch them don't have to. I don't really see how today's games detract from our bowl game. Heck, without these lower tier games, our bowl game would look like a pretty minor bowl, like it was in the old days as the Tangerine Bowl.

My suggestions for bowl season:

a) Schedule bowl games accordingly by payout value from lowest-to-highest. I'd be more apt to watch the GoDaddy.com and BBV Compass bowls if they were slotted in mid-December along with other low-tiered bowls. Instead those two games come after the Cotton Bowl and just before the BCS title game this year.

b) All BCS bowl games should be played on Jan. 1st except if it falls on NFL Sunday like it does this year, then Jan. 2nd would suffice. There is something about playing on New Year's Day that makes it more enjoyable. Call it nostalgia on my part, but I'd prefer to watch the national title game on New Year's in prime time.

Interesting, what would the TV schedule look like though? That's a lot of big ticket football.

Similar to how they did it back in the day (70s, 80s) between ABC, CBS and NBC. The typical New Year's Day TV line-up from earliest to latest game times: Cotton (CBS), Fiesta (NBC), Rose (NBC), Sugar (ABC), Orange (NBC). I recall the Cotton starting at 11:00 CST. Fiesta at 12:00 CST. Rose at 4:00 CST. Sugar & Orange at 8:00 CST.

Nowadays with ESPN, ABC, CBS and Fox, a similar New Year's Day BCS bowl line-up could work.

I might be in the minority here but I don't mind the random small bowl games. Keeps college football on the television throughout the holidays.

I'm with ya. People who don't want to watch them don't have to. I don't really see how today's games detract from our bowl game. Heck, without these lower tier games, our bowl game would look like a pretty minor bowl, like it was in the old days as the Tangerine Bowl.

My suggestions for bowl season:

a) Schedule bowl games accordingly by payout value from lowest-to-highest. I'd be more apt to watch the GoDaddy.com and BBV Compass bowls if they were slotted in mid-December along with other low-tiered bowls. Instead those two games come after the Cotton Bowl and just before the BCS title game this year.

b) All BCS bowl games should be played on Jan. 1st except if it falls on NFL Sunday like it does this year, then Jan. 2nd would suffice. There is something about playing on New Year's Day that makes it more enjoyable. Call it nostalgia on my part, but I'd prefer to watch the national title game on New Year's in prime time.

I agree fully with A. Lower tier bowl games do not belong on January, they belong on the 3rd week of December.

I agree with B mostly. I just don't wanna wake up at 11 am after undoubtedly being up late the night before.