Eric crouch vs Scott frost

I think the lines were comparable, and if played during the season, we might have been closer to Miami. Nebraska was not ready for that game. It looked like Villa what ever and fonoti had put on a good 30 pounds and it was all around their waste. I sat on the thirty yard line, about three rows up. right at the end of the bench. It was almost looked like they were sleep walking. No one other than Crouch looked ready to play. He always came to play no question there. Still no real chance of beating Miami, Boston College put a scare into them during the late season, that was not going to happen again.

Crouch, the rest of his team was good, b ut not as good as Frost's team. Put him behind fraziers line and he would of had 2000 yards rushing.....maybe. But I am$ not saying he was better than tommie, because he wasn't!

Put Crouch behind Frazier's Olines (93, 94 & 95) and he would have tore the world apart (not to mention the OC). I think he was better than Frazier. Frost's senior year was too.

I posted this in the OTHER Eric Crouch thread, but Crouch's numbers would have been worse had he played in Frazier's spot, not better. He would have had less touches and less playing time due to the dominance of those teams and because Osborne's system distributed the ball more than Solich did.

Crouch had better speed than Frazier. But Frazier was as elusive, harder to bring down, executed the option better, managed a more sophisticated offense better, was a better passer and a better decision maker, a better leader and he was more clutch. Frazier > Crouch. The dude was the only CFB player ever to be the MVP of three consecutive national championship games - there's more to that than having a lot of talent around you.

If Crouch had played on the 1993-95 teams, he would have been one of the best slot receivers/kick returners ever to play at Nebraska. He wouldn't have taken Frazier's spot, and with Berringer on the two-deep, we wouldn't have even needed Crouch for depth. Osborne would've gotten him on the field, but like Newcombe a few years later, it wouldn't have been at QB.

Something tells me that if Frazier hadn't been robbed of the Heisman trophy, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Well, I think you're under valuing Crouch's gap speed.

His acceleration was totally unreal (like Tmart's last year) which completely destroyed the opponent's defensive players angles of pursuit. Yes, he was faster than Frazier but far more important was his ability to initially explode past the Dline & LBs. It was actually funny as hell to watch. Just like last year's Washington, KSU, etc defenders....they could barely swivel their heads fast enough to watch Tmart blast by them. Lol! Crouch had that too and it's a very, very serious weapon.

You're using nothing but intangibles to claim Frazier was better. It's pretty damn easy to rave about those intangibles (clutch player!) when you've got a hardcore pancaking Oline, LP as a rb (not Diedrick) and the other side of the ball had one of the finest blackshirts in the history of NU cfb (not CozBohl's) to back you up.

I don't know what is telling you about the Heisman trophy or what that has to do with anything. It's just a vote and is a non-issue.

Again, put Crouch behind Frazier or Frost's Oline, with LP or A. Green at rb and those two man-eating blackshirt squads & NU is unstoppable.

Frost and Frazier had some very good RB's to get the rock to while Crouch really didn't. I'm not sure I get the athletic argument. Frost could do things athletically that Crouch could only dream of doing. I'd love to see Crouch heave the shot 60 feet. Frost was bigger and stronger. Crouch was just faster. Frost could have played multiple positions on the team. He could have played tight end, linebacker, obviously safety, etc. Crouch probably just the slot. At the end of the day, they were both great players and we were extremely lucky to get them both.

I was watching a Frost highlight vid trying to find the play where he cracked back and BLEW UP a guy (might have been Dat Nguyen) but I ran across the Missouri Miracle first, and that line popped into my head.

And I don't have time to be talking about this anyway. I have too much to do.

Besides, Turner Gill was the best NU QB ever.

I was watching a Frost highlight vid trying to find the play where he cracked back and BLEW UP a guy (might have been Dat Nguyen) but I ran across the Missouri Miracle first, and that line popped into my head.

Here ya go Knapp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwxOYwPYTuk

And also Joel Mackovica blowing up A&M that day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VykWmBkhBzc

That's what I miss most about a Nebraska quarterback. They would put their bodies on the line to open up a play. I cant recall Frazier doing what Frost, Crouch, Lord did on a play like that from Frost above, but I know Frazier did his fair share to contribute, obviously.

Frost was all heart out there and it showed on those plays.

Yeah, that's our quarterback out there doing that. What are you going to do?

Truly, an 11 on 11 play.

Again, put Crouch behind Frazier or Frost's Oline, with LP or A. Green at rb and those two man-eating blackshirt squads & NU is unstoppable.

NU was already unstoppable without Crouch.

Also, the claim that Frazier was clutch comes from HIM (not others) making plays when it mattered most.

It was Frazier who converted the two-point conversion to tie it up against Miami in the same endzone where Turner Gill misfired.

It was Frazier who converted two third downs on the winning drive against a Miami defense that included Warren Sapp and Ray Lewis, a defense that was better than the one Crouch faced in the Rose Bowl.

It was Frazier who as a sophomore led Nebraska to the national title game, and made a clutch throw in the closing seconds of the game to give Nebraska a chance to win.