Ted Gilmore

Matt Barkley probably had more to do with their performance then Gilmore did.

That.

Don't underestimate the QBs role in the perceived mediocrity at receiver.

That said, it was nice to see Bell and Turner show how to GO GET THE #%#$in BALL when it is up in the air. I suspect that has more to do with Bell and Turner than simply coaching.

Don't forget Quincy.

The finalists (Gilmore, Kasey Dunn and Doug Meacham of Oklahoma State, Jay Norvell of Oklahoma, and Jason Phillips and Tony Levine from Houston)

Who knew Bill Callahan had so many of the nation's top coaches here at NU? Gilmore and Norvell. Who knew?

I went to Nebraska's summer camps when Gilmore was still there and absolutely loved the guy. Since we've had trouble with the receiver position for the last few years now, maybe we should shift some of the blame towards horrendous quarterback play. I realize that as a receiver it's your job to catch the ball if it hits your hands, but anyone who has ever played the position could tell you how much more difficult it is when your quarterback cannot throw accurately or on time. I don't seem to recall a problem with our receivers when Joe Ganz or Zac Taylor was quarterback. You notice a similar effect with the Bronco's receivers and Tebow. A lot of balls seem catchable but end up being dropped or just out of reach.

I went to Nebraska's summer camps when Gilmore was still there and absolutely loved the guy. Since we've had trouble with the receiver position for the last few years now, maybe we should shift some of the blame towards horrendous quarterback play. I realize that as a receiver it's your job to catch the ball if it hits your hands, but anyone who has ever played the position could tell you how much more difficult it is when your quarterback cannot throw accurately or on time. I don't seem to recall a problem with our receivers when Joe Ganz or Zac Taylor was quarterback. You notice a similar effect with the Bronco's receivers and Tebow. A lot of balls seem catchable but end up being dropped or just out of reach.

Buzzzzzzzzzz. If the ball hits your hands, you catch it. That's your job. We don't give an O Lineman a pass when he whiffs on a block because the QB has a bad throwing motion.