Does Spurrier hold a grudge from the ’96 Fiesta Bowl beatdown?

NUance

And, I am so impressed with my own posts, that I am now just ignoring what anyone else says. I will be content to just comment on what I have said. Nobody else is making much sense anyway.

Every time I get drunk and post that is the mindset.

I sorry that you have to get drunk to impress yourself...I fear that is the case for some of the other posters on here as well. Badgerfan is pretty much a troll, and the "Nebraska fans" that come on the Huskerboard to slam Nebraksa are really pretty pathetic.

• Fire 1

And, I am so impressed with my own posts, that I am now just ignoring what anyone else says. I will be content to just comment on what I have said. Nobody else is making much sense anyway.

I sorry that you have to get drunk to impress yourself...I fear that is the case for some of the other posters on here as well. Badgerfan is pretty much a troll, and the "Nebraska fans" that come on the Huskerboard to slam Nebraksa are really pretty pathetic.

Being critical of Nebraska makes a person a troll? How do you travel without going insane?

wisconsin and iowa can never live up to expectations, no matter how good they are. sh#t the bed every year.

Biggest load of crock I've read on here...if anything Wisconsin exceeds expectations, especially this year.

I remember the "We'll win the Big XII our last year and the Big Ten our first year" type posts on here. I remember the "welcome to Nebraska football" crap. Hell even my sig illustrates NU's failure to reach expectations.

Wisconsin exceeded expectations this year? I think they may have met or slightly failed to reach the expectations that most reasonable Husker fans had of Wisconsin. Most of us thought that we'd lose to Wisconsin going into that game, and most of us thought that Wisconsin had a national title contender. Maybe UW exceeded Wisconsin fans' expectations, but I don't think they did for most Husker fans.

Anyways, I don't think that any reasonable fan would really disagree with the statement that Wisconsin has been stronger than Nebraska over the last 5 years. The thing that is silly about your argument is you're comparing a below average run by Nebraska's standards to what has perhaps been Wisconsin's best run in school history.

Badgerfan, you're not just arguing that Wisconsin was better this year. Or that they have been better over the last 5 years. Any reasonable fan would agree that Wisconsin has been stronger over the past 5 years than Nebraska. But that doesn't make Wisconsin the better program, just like a few years of superiority at Oregon doesn't make them a better program than USC. When you bring up the term, "program," you have to measure the totality of elements that contribute to it - a big part of that is history, success over a long period of time (not just a 5 - 10 year run), and prestigious awards/championships. In those areas, Wisconsin can't hold a candle to Nebraska.

Let's put it this way - would you argue that Wisconsin is a better program than Michigan?

Anyways, even the 5-year argument has some holes. Wisconsin was stronger in 2007, 2010-2011, while Nebraska was stronger in 2008 and probably 2009 as well. At the end of the day - you guys beat us this year. That has absolutely no bearing on what's going to go down next year in Lincoln - and it has no bearing on where either program will be 5 years from now.

Because of the loss of our DC...JJ Watt, Carimi, Tolzien, Clay and our entire receiving corps save for Toon just about everybody in the business had us at 3 and maybe 2 in our division depending on who you read....that included Steele, Athlon and Sporting News. Steele choose not to amend his prediction after Wilson inked with UW (which I found telling at the time) and even with Wilson's arrival nobody knew what we had because of the losses we sustained. (sound familiar going in to 2012?) There were people second guessing us going all the way up in to Big Ten play because we hadn't played anyone....getting to the Rose Bowl, without a doubt, is exceeding expectations for this team and our fan base. As far as what Husker fans expected from the Badgers, let me put it this way...do you care what I thought NU was going to do this year? Does my opinion matter to you?

To your other point, like I've said earlier... Wisconsin doesn't have a history anywhere near that of Nebraska. If that's how you choose to interpret the use of 'program' than I'd agree. In the context in which I was using that term it referred more to the recent era....and for the record I think UW was better than NU in 2009 but that's an argument for another day.

You're right, I don't really care what your expectations were for Nebraska. But Wisconsin was considered a near-lock for their division from the beginning of the year, and just because people questioned their strength of schedule didn't mean that the expectations were any lower. It was simply a discussion point heading into conference play. Most people I knew expected Wisconsin to be a championship contender, and most people thought they should have had a championship contender this year given their level of talent, which is why you'll see some fans say that they can't close the deal when they have the chance. I'm not trying to be argumentative, just trying to explain that viewpoint.

No realistic fan in Nebraska thought that we had a national championship contender this year. We thought that we had a Big Ten contender, and the program failed those expectations, but sometimes that happens. Nebraska is expected to compete for conference championships every single year, and they're expected to compete for national championships more often than most programs, and so if Wisconsin exceeded expectations this year, maybe that says something about where each program is.

I think the 2009 argument may have depended on when the teams played. Had they played in a bowl game, when Nebraska was healthy - I'd take the Nebraska team that thumped a ranked Arizona team 33-0. Even if you played us when we were beat up during the regular season, you're talking about going against one of the best college defensive lines I've ever seen (Suh and Crick), and a team that had to get screwed out of a win over the #2 team in the country.

And those same ones that slam the Huskers here are the same ones that made it known we were tired of being choke artists back in The Osborne days. The Boosters sent a clear message that it was getting tiresome getting blown out by legit teams year after year after year and thats when McBride and Osborne grabbed them some speedy crimminal thugs like the Florida teams had. Holier than Thou fans are hysterical and full of themselves in dictating what a fan is. Most of these now were probably the lowlifes threatening Cosgroves children. Seems it depends who the coach is, and who selected said coach as to the importance of pointing out the flaws and worthlessness of staff

wisconsin and iowa can never live up to expectations, no matter how good they are. sh#t the bed every year.

Biggest load of crock I've read on here...if anything Wisconsin exceeds expectations, especially this year.

I remember the "We'll win the Big XII our last year and the Big Ten our first year" type posts on here. I remember the "welcome to Nebraska football" crap. Hell even my sig illustrates NU's failure to reach expectations.

Wisconsin exceeded expectations this year? I think they may have met or slightly failed to reach the expectations that most reasonable Husker fans had of Wisconsin. Most of us thought that we'd lose to Wisconsin going into that game, and most of us thought that Wisconsin had a national title contender. Maybe UW exceeded Wisconsin fans' expectations, but I don't think they did for most Husker fans.

Anyways, I don't think that any reasonable fan would really disagree with the statement that Wisconsin has been stronger than Nebraska over the last 5 years. The thing that is silly about your argument is you're comparing a below average run by Nebraska's standards to what has perhaps been Wisconsin's best run in school history.

Badgerfan, you're not just arguing that Wisconsin was better this year. Or that they have been better over the last 5 years. Any reasonable fan would agree that Wisconsin has been stronger over the past 5 years than Nebraska. But that doesn't make Wisconsin the better program, just like a few years of superiority at Oregon doesn't make them a better program than USC. When you bring up the term, "program," you have to measure the totality of elements that contribute to it - a big part of that is history, success over a long period of time (not just a 5 - 10 year run), and prestigious awards/championships. In those areas, Wisconsin can't hold a candle to Nebraska.

Let's put it this way - would you argue that Wisconsin is a better program than Michigan?

Anyways, even the 5-year argument has some holes. Wisconsin was stronger in 2007, 2010-2011, while Nebraska was stronger in 2008 and probably 2009 as well. At the end of the day - you guys beat us this year. That has absolutely no bearing on what's going to go down next year in Lincoln - and it has no bearing on where either program will be 5 years from now.

Because of the loss of our DC...JJ Watt, Carimi, Tolzien, Clay and our entire receiving corps save for Toon just about everybody in the business had us at 3 and maybe 2 in our division depending on who you read....that included Steele, Athlon and Sporting News. Steele choose not to amend his prediction after Wilson inked with UW (which I found telling at the time) and even with Wilson's arrival nobody knew what we had because of the losses we sustained. (sound familiar going in to 2012?) There were people second guessing us going all the way up in to Big Ten play because we hadn't played anyone....getting to the Rose Bowl, without a doubt, is exceeding expectations for this team and our fan base. As far as what Husker fans expected from the Badgers, let me put it this way...do you care what I thought NU was going to do this year? Does my opinion matter to you?

To your other point, like I've said earlier... Wisconsin doesn't have a history anywhere near that of Nebraska. If that's how you choose to interpret the use of 'program' than I'd agree. In the context in which I was using that term it referred more to the recent era....and for the record I think UW was better than NU in 2009 but that's an argument for another day.

You're right, I don't really care what your expectations were for Nebraska. But Wisconsin was considered a near-lock for their division from the beginning of the year, and just because people questioned their strength of schedule didn't mean that the expectations were any lower. It was simply a discussion point heading into conference play. Most people I knew expected Wisconsin to be a championship contender, and most people thought they should have had a championship contender this year given their level of talent, which is why you'll see some fans say that they can't close the deal when they have the chance. I'm not trying to be argumentative, just trying to explain that viewpoint.

No realistic fan in Nebraska thought that we had a national championship contender this year. We thought that we had a Big Ten contender, and the program failed those expectations, but sometimes that happens. Nebraska is expected to compete for conference championships every single year, and they're expected to compete for national championships more often than most programs, and so if Wisconsin exceeded expectations this year, maybe that says something about where each program is.

I think the 2009 argument may have depended on when the teams played. Had they played in a bowl game, when Nebraska was healthy - I'd take the Nebraska team that thumped a ranked Arizona team 33-0. Even if you played us when we were beat up during the regular season, you're talking about going against one of the best college defensive lines I've ever seen (Suh and Crick), and a team that had to get screwed out of a win over the #2 team in the country.

Maybe among people you know but I can tell you even in Wisconsin nobody expected to make the NC and those that did either weren't serious or had no idea what they were talking about. As the season progressed both ESPN and SI picked us for the Rose Bowl which we ended up making. So if you want to talk about expectations we exceeded those we had in January-August and met the ones set for us by others later in the season.

In the past six years Wisconsin has gone 60-18, won its conference twice, been to two BCS bowls and finished the regular season ranked #9, #5, #16, NR, #24 and #5

While NU has gone 52-27, hasn't won its conference, hasn't been to a BCS bowl and finished the season #21 #18, #14, NR, NR, and NR

:lame I love how you keep changing the timeframe that you want to argue...sometimes it's "the last couple of years"...sometimes it's "this year"...sometimes it's "the past decade"...sometimes it's "the present" (and I guess the term "present" is up to your interpretation), now it's "the last six years". So since I guess it is okay to just pick a time frame to bracket, I will take with the last 19 years. In that period Nebraska played for five national titles (Wisconsin = 0), won three national titles (Wisconsin = 0), went undefeated in the regular season four times (Wisconsin = 0), finished the season undefeated three times (Wisconsin = 0), including a stretch where Nebraska was 49-2 over four years and 60-3 over five years, and Nebraksa played in BCS equivalent games six times. During that time Nebraska played for 26.3% of the national championships and won 15.7% of them. Go ahead...pick any stretch in Wisconin's history - including the last six years - and compare it to that. Oh, that's right, Wisconsin is better this year...okay then, I guess that makes them the superior program. :sarcasm

• Fire 1

Being critical of Nebraska makes a person a troll? How do you travel without going insane?

Oh no, you know what it is that makes you a troll...

• Fire 1

And those same ones that slam the Huskers here are the same ones that made it known we were tired of being choke artists back in The Osborne days. The Boosters sent a clear message that it was getting tiresome getting blown out by legit teams year after year after year and thats when McBride and Osborne grabbed them some speedy crimminal thugs like the Florida teams had. Holier than Thou fans are hysterical and full of themselves in dictating what a fan is. Most of these now were probably the lowlifes threatening Cosgroves children. Seems it depends who the coach is, and who selected said coach as to the importance of pointing out the flaws and worthlessness of staff

....and we have another winner...just because you put a Husker helmet in your avitar does not make you less a troll

In the past six years Wisconsin has gone 60-18, won its conference twice, been to two BCS bowls and finished the regular season ranked #9, #5, #16, NR, #24 and #5

While NU has gone 52-27, hasn't won its conference, hasn't been to a BCS bowl and finished the season #21 #18, #14, NR, NR, and NR

:lame I love how you keep changing the timeframe that you want to argue...sometimes it's "the last couple of years"...sometimes it's "this year"...sometimes it's "the past decade"...sometimes it's "the present" (and I guess the term "present" is up to your interpretation), now it's "the last six years". So since I guess it is okay to just pick a time frame to bracket, I will take with the last 19 years. In that period Nebraska played for five national titles (Wisconsin = 0), won three national titles (Wisconsin = 0), went undefeated in the regular season four times (Wisconsin = 0), finished the season undefeated three times (Wisconsin = 0), including a stretch where Nebraska was 49-2 over four years and 60-3 over five years, and Nebraksa played in BCS equivalent games six times. During that time Nebraska played for 26.3% of the national championships and won 15.7% of them. Go ahead...pick any stretch in Wisconin's history - including the last six years - and compare it to that. Oh, that's right, Wisconsin is better this year...okay then, I guess that makes them the superior program. :sarcasm

Oh really getting deep into the math, that's how I know you're mad...and throwing around the troll label. Ok old man, I'll let you get your peace. Have fun not winning your division next year....again.

Oh really getting deep into the math, that's how I know you're mad...and throwing around the troll label. Ok old man, I'll let you get your peace. Have fun not winning your division next year....again.

Man I love winning arguments. We can talk about next year, next year...unless you've selected a different board to troll by then.

Man I love winning arguments. We can talk about next year, next year...unless you've selected a different board to troll by then.

What exactly did you prove California? By going back 19 years you proved something I already admitted, Nebraska has a better long term History. That's not winning, if anything you completely wasted your time....

If you think I'm a troll bring into the woodshed and hash it out there or report me to a mod and let them sort it out. Come on old man, you've been around since Eisenhower rihgt? You know how to behave reasonably.

What exactly did you prove California? By going back 19 years you proved something I already admitted, Nebraska has a better long term History. That's not winning, if anything you completely wasted your time....

That's okay, I will just accept my victory and follow this advise :troll: when it come to you. Have a nice day.