Does Spurrier hold a grudge from the ’96 Fiesta Bowl beatdown?

NUance

I had heard very little about it prior to the announcement of the matchup but you would know the course of discussion on HB better than I. Fair enough.

Before the announcement, we weren't going up against Spurrier. Now that we are, it's natural to say, "Hey, remember the last time we went up against him?"

Nobody really thinks this game has anything to do with the 96 Fiesta Bowl, but it's perfectly natural to look back on the last time we faced Spurrier. Just like it's perfectly natural for thoughts of that game to run through Spurrier's mind, even if it was only so he could mentally prepare a statement for when he gets asked about it.

• Fire 1

If he doesn't he should TO and the Husker offence of the 50ies took the Spurrier and his Gator offence of the 90ies and rubbed their nose in the dirt. What a great F-N nite. T_O_B, Battery, and Mr. Dan still get together every year have a few cold ones and watch the game. Wore out 2 VHS tapes and have the DVD now.

T_O_B

G>B>R

It's one of the greatest games in Husker history. We talk about it here all the time. Like, all the time. Now that we're playing Spurrier again, it's natural that the 1995 game would come up again.

So maybe not an exaggeration on your part, but a misunderstanding of the board. Like I said - no worries.

I had heard very little about it prior to the announcement of the matchup but you would know the course of discussion on HB better than I. Fair enough.

stop fighting! it is christmas week! i come here to avoid petty fights, if i wanted incessant bickering, i would go home for the holidays.

Or have me post my love for Pelini ! Different era, Spurrier doesn't care 1 lick about this middle of the Pack Big Ten Nebraska team. Its a million light years from the squad that crushed his Gators

It's one of the greatest games in Husker history. We talk about it here all the time. Like, all the time. Now that we're playing Spurrier again, it's natural that the 1995 game would come up again.

So maybe not an exaggeration on your part, but a misunderstanding of the board. Like I said - no worries.

stop fighting! it is christmas week! i come here to avoid petty fights, if i wanted incessant bickering, i would go home for the holidays.

Or have me post my love for Pelini ! Different era, Spurrier doesn't care 1 lick about this middle of the Pack Big Ten Nebraska team. Its a million light years from the squad that crushed his Gators

i agree. if only BO was the dc for the '95 husker team! i bet we would have had the shutout in that game. certainly would not have allowed 24 points, i can tell you that.

...but I have to say I don't get the preoccupation with this game for NU fans. This is the second thread about this game on HB alone and I know of at least one started on Cockytalk. NU beat a UF team 15 years ago...I don't think many players for either team really care.

Oh come on Badgerfan...you know how Wisconsin fans get every time the Badgers get to face off against a coach whom they once defeated for a national title?....Oh, never mind.

But at least you can remember the last time South Carolina won the national championship and then faced that coach again?...Oh, never mind.

...but I have to say I don't get the preoccupation with this game for NU fans. This is the second thread about this game on HB alone and I know of at least one started on Cockytalk. NU beat a UF team 15 years ago...I don't think many players for either team really care.

Oh come on Badgerfan...you know how Wisconsin fans get every time the Badgers get to face off against a coach whom they once defeated for a national title?....Oh, never mind.

But at least you can remember the last time South Carolina won the national championship and then faced that coach again?...Oh, never mind.

Nebraska; the next Minnesota, mark my f'ing words

• Fire 1

Nebraska; the next Minnesota, mark my f'ing words

Them's fightin' words right there.

You're so easy to draw off sides.