HB Avatars?

Excel

I need to find someone to nominate me a "any" position..... I have been a member since 07, and because I am 42 years old and have ZERO technology skills, this may be the only way I FINALLY get an avatar.... after all this time, I want a picture by my posts...lol

You want to change your picture?

1. Find a photo of something you like on the internet (not like that...it has to be family friendly)...for example use something like google image search.

2. Right click the photo and click "Save image as" select the drop down menu and save it where you want it...desktop, picture folder...wherever

3. Go on Huskerboard and click on your name, your profile will load.

4. Once your profile loads hover your mouse over your profile picture (NU block "N") in the upper left hand corner, you will see the word "change" in a slight black shroud appear over the picture, click it.

5. Click the "choose file" box and select the image you saved earlier

6. Click done.

Forgive me if I misread your sarcasm and you actually knew how to do this but I was only trying to help...also I didn't address how to resize or crop the image to make it better fit as your avatar (since there are size limitations).

If that doesn't work for you just PM me your Login information, Full Legal Name, Full Mailing Address, Social Security and Credit Card Numbers and I will set it up for you. Any picture you like for free on me...

Nope, you didn't misread any "sarcasm"..... I have NO IDEA.... I am a PE teacher with no technology skill.... I will try this tomorrow. If I can't do it, then I will ask for help. Thanks for the instructions. Maybe by this time tomorrow I will something other than the N as my avatar. I would be a monumental moment for me. Ha

I need to find someone to nominate me a "any" position..... I have been a member since 07, and because I am 42 years old and have ZERO technology skills, this may be the only way I FINALLY get an avatar.... after all this time, I want a picture by my posts...lol

1. Find a photo of something you like on the internet (not like that...it has to be family friendly)...for example use something like google image search.

2. Right click the photo and click "Save image as" select the drop down menu and save it where you want it...desktop, picture folder...wherever

4. Once your profile loads hover your mouse over your profile picture (NU block "N") in the upper left hand corner, you will see the word "change" in a slight black shroud appear over the picture, click it.

6. Click done.

Forgive me if I misread your sarcasm and you actually knew how to do this but I was only trying to help...also I didn't address how to resize or crop the image to make it better fit as your avatar (since there are size limitations).

If that doesn't work for you just PM me your Login information, Full Legal Name, Full Mailing Address, Social Security and Credit Card Numbers and I will set it up for you. Any picture you like for free on me...

Nope, you didn't misread any "sarcasm"..... I have NO IDEA.... I am a PE teacher with no technology skill.... I will try this tomorrow. If I can't do it, then I will ask for help. Thanks for the instructions. Maybe by this time tomorrow I will something other than the N as my avatar. I would be a monumental moment for me. Ha

* If I need help, do you also need my checking acc't number to go along with SS and credit cards, or is that enough? And, to avoid any extra (unnecessary) work for you, I will include my PIN numbers for my debit card too... OH BOY, IS THIS GREAT !

6. Click done.

* If I need help, do you also need my checking acc't number to go along with SS and credit cards, or is that enough? And, to avoid any extra (unnecessary) work for you, I will include my PIN numbers for my debit card too... OH BOY, IS THIS GREAT !

Yea that should be fine, I appreciate your cooperation in this matter.

I'll tell you how... pretty much if you upload a picture that isn't animated to the board as your profile picture you should be fine. and it'll probably resize it for you even if it's a tad big.

Actually it's people like me that have 18 years of internet and web-design/programming experience that can't figure it out anymore... because we try to get fancy things animated avatars or something, even trimmed down to like 150KB (1999 style) with our early web style magic that doesn't screw your total bandwidth as much as possible (Because try downloading or uploading a lot of data in one month, you'll find your internet isn't *unlimited* pretty quick). Yet even if images are hosted on our own domains or accounts (cause we are not leeches) we find that doesn't compute with the web2.0 crowd since every piece of data about you is a small price to pay bandwidth wise... I mean who would need paid hosting accounts when you could just collect every bit of information about anyone who EVER visits your site, do facial/image recognition on any picture they use and then sell everything you've ever said or any data you've ever uploaded online or even looked at to marketing firms and governments?

Nobody, that's what Facebook proved. That's why IP.board switched it up, it's no longer a self contained messageboard, it's now software that points you to "Gravatar" that is their universal login solution to try and rival "facebook connect." (which also tracks you everywhere that is facebook connect enabled) Only thankfully gravatar won't ever be that big, especially not big enough that Zuckerburg, the giant douche nozzle (and he is, believe the movie, and more) would ever care, except that just means governments and ad agencies get your online info cheaper.

So Basically my message is, if you are smart, don't use this Gravatar crap. and if the Board administrators are smart, they'll stop upgrading this bullsh#t message-board software that is pushing us to their user tracking software crap, that would never benefit posters here anyways.

That is all. Consider it fair warning about what is going on, online.