9 Wins, Who Cares

The first half itself was great, except that there were mindless lapses in judgement that cost us what amounted to 10 points.

How can you possibly say this? Those lapses in judgements are exactly why we are and have been a mediocre football team for a long time.

The last 10 seasons have been great too, except for all those losses. :lol:

...because we were winning both sides of the ball, ASIDE from the 2 silly mistakes.

I think pretty much everyone agrees with this - we were winning on both sides of the ball up to the end of the 1st half. But it also feels extremely obvious that we consistently make those "silly" mistakes (fumbles vs. Northwestern, anyone?). It separates us, with a large and gaping chasm, from being a team that actually could beat anyone on our schedule.

I know Ameer is freshman, so don't jump all over me for this comment in regards to him specifically...but if the fumbles and drops don't get coached out of us by next season, we won't go anywhere.

To the OP, you put and asterisk next the MICH St win because of their big win the week before, so does that mean we get to put an asterisk next to losses against Northwestern and Michigan because of big wins the weeks before them? After the trade offs we're up to 10 wins. Good call.

NO NO NO. That only works if you're pointing out our obvious flaws. You can't go the other way with that. :sarcasm

The first half itself was great, except that there were mindless lapses in judgement that cost us what amounted to 10 points.

How can you possibly say this? Those lapses in judgements are exactly why we are and have been a mediocre football team for a long time.

The last 10 seasons have been great too, except for all those losses. :lol:

...because we were winning both sides of the ball, ASIDE from the 2 silly mistakes.

I think pretty much everyone agrees with this - we were winning on both sides of the ball up to the end of the 1st half. But it also feels extremely obvious that we consistently make those "silly" mistakes (fumbles vs. Northwestern, anyone?). It separates us, with a large and gaping chasm, from being a team that actually could beat anyone on our schedule.

I know Ameer is freshman, so don't jump all over me for this comment in regards to him specifically...but if the fumbles and drops don't get coached out of us by next season, we won't go anywhere.

I don't think you can coach that fumble away. The defender put the hit right on the ball, you know how square hit hit by how high it flew in the air. I'm very much in the corner of thinking that our fundamental coaching is very lacking, but that is one instance where to me, the other guy just made a really, really good hit. I truly believe almost every back in country coughs it up on a hit like that.

Just curious: If tomorrow you had to create a completely new NU coaching staff who would you pick? Hypothetical question but would be interested in who you think would come to NU and change things.

Doc Sadler. Oh wait...he's already here giving us 26 points per game.

@ South Carolina = Huge Loss (Yes, it was huge)

This is ridiculous. Basically a ten point loss if you take out the last score where NU was trying to strip it. Also, NU gave away 3 points on the extra point return, 3 points on the missed FG, 7 points on the lucky hail mary that Dennard overran, and at least 3 on the fumble, not to mention the INT that might've led to points as well. To me, that looks like a game we had won, not a huge loss. "Ugly" would be a good adjective, seeing as how we once again initiated the self-destruct sequence, but it wasn't a huge loss.

Huge Loss!!! A chance to beat a good SEC team on national tv with future stud athletes sitting on the couch watching that game.....huge loss!!

You can't look at all the "what ifs" just the facts. Facts are we were out coached, out played and out preformed in that game. Facts are at times it looked like Larry, Curly and Moe running around with red N's on their helmets....huge loss in the recruiting front and making a statement on national tv.

Wins arent everything to me, but they do mean a lot :)

My order of importance...

Win Division

Win Conf Champ game

Play in a BCS game

Finish in the top 10 after bowl games

win 10 games and no losses to unranked teams

Retain most of your players

Have a top 20 recruiting class

I thought we had the perfect season to make a run at the Conf Champ this year. 4 easy OOC games, OSU without its star QB and coach, PSU without Joe Pa and all that mess, Michigan with a first year coach and in-consistant QB, Iowa and NW in Memorial stadium..... we had an easy road to the conf game compared to most seasons in the B1g, and we blew it. I didnt mind the loss to Wiscy, but the NW, Michigan and So Carolina losses were ugly.

I hope Bo can get this turned around next year, because from where I am sitting things are going backwards.... not forwards. I think Tom O will give Bo ATLEAST 2 more years to get Nebraska back on track. But, what do i know?

Wins arent everything to me, but they do mean a lot :)

My order of importance...

Win Division

Win Conf Champ game

Play in a BCS game

Finish in the top 10 after bowl games

win 10 games and no losses to unranked teams

Retain most of your players

Have a top 20 recruiting class

I thought we had the perfect season to make a run at the Conf Champ this year. 4 easy OOC games, OSU without its star QB and coach, PSU without Joe Pa and all that mess, Michigan with a first year coach and in-consistant QB, Iowa and NW in Memorial stadium..... we had an easy road to the conf game compared to most seasons in the B1g, and we blew it. I didnt mind the loss to Wiscy, but the NW, Michigan and So Carolina losses were ugly.

I hope Bo can get this turned around next year, because from where I am sitting things are going backwards.... not forwards. I think Tom O will give Bo ATLEAST 2 more years to get Nebraska back on track. But, what do i know?

next season will be tougher, we lose more than we gain on defense, Bo loses his temper and shows no leadership skills and Urban comes in with immediate impact and proven coaches......2-3 years will be it, one way or another.

I don't think you can coach that fumble away. The defender put the hit right on the ball, you know how square hit hit by how high it flew in the air. I'm very much in the corner of thinking that our fundamental coaching is very lacking, but that is one instance where to me, the other guy just made a really, really good hit. I truly believe almost every back in country coughs it up on a hit like that.

Definitely don't want to get into a big thing over that one fumble with regards to an entire season of mistake-ridden play and turnovers by the vast majority of our offense...but how many high quality backs would have been standing up straight when it's 3rd and 3 from the 8 yard line? Again, he's a freshman. But he's probably been more of a liability than an asset over the long haul of the season...however, that's to be expected from most freshmen. He and we will be better for it next season, guaranteed.

But regardless...the fumbles and drops...I practically hear circus music going off when we get into the red zone.

Definitely don't want to get into a big thing over that one fumble with regards to an entire season of mistake-ridden play and turnovers by the vast majority of our offense...but how many high quality backs would have been standing up straight when it's 3rd and 3 from the 8 yard line? Again, he's a freshman. But he's probably been more of a liability than an asset over the long haul of the season...however, that's to be expected from most freshmen. He and we will be better for it next season, guaranteed.

But regardless...the fumbles and drops...I practically hear circus music going off when we get into the red zone.

By no means was I disagreeing with you on the entire season, I think it's been horrible. I just thought that particular play was a great hit by the defender.

• Fire 1