I hope Turner or another QB gets a long hard look this offseason.

He runs the zone read and play action as well as I have seen anyone run it.

You cannot be serious.

Yes, I am. You can ask the defenses that he plays against. 90% of the time, it is really hard to tell who has the ball.

I still think Burkhead runs the zone read from the QB spot better than anyone we have.

Amen. We have a RB on our team that runs the zone read better than Martinez. If you want to call it the zone "guess" I will give the advantage to Martinez.

As far as Martinez being a difference maker, it's tough to do so when your offensive line is that bad.

This game, I thought we took it to the SC d-line. At least, OL is far back on the list of problems yesterday.

Taylor is not terrible, but that is not saying a lot! He's improved to the point of being a middling passer. And he's a decent threat on the ground but he gashes defenses infrequently.

You can list all the other problems with the team if you want, but QB play has been subpar, average at best. I don't mean this as a personal attack on Taylor or anything, I know many tend to take any criticism of the guy as such.

As far as Martinez being a difference maker, it's tough to do so when your offensive line is that bad.

This game, I thought we took it to the SC d-line. At least, OL is far back on the list of problems yesterday.

OTHER then the fact that they threw our Oline around like they were dolls after every play. They man handled them in my opinion.

Giving up 6 sacks is really handing it to the D-Line :sarcasm yeah I know three of those came on the last three plays but that just shows the lack of heart and fire our o-line plays with. FIRE BARNEY!

Martinez goes 10-16 with 3-4 drops and we call him into question? Even the pass at Burkheads finger tips was well thrown...just led him 8 inches too far. That happens to the best of em. He also had a few nice runs, which we hadn't seen in a while. Martinez is far from the top of the list when it comes to this team's issues. The interception, to me...is on Beck.

Burkhead is mowing em' over, so with 45 seconds left in the half...within field goal range (47 yards at that point) he calls a pass which gets checked down to Burkhead for a 5 yard loss. Stilli in field goal range (52 yards now) he calls a pass to the sideline to the guy that just fumbled away 7 points. WTF? :facepalm: Were they trying to get out of bounds to stop the clock? How about on 3rd and 14 you get yourself 5 yards and enjoy the 3 points by Maher. Instead Beck calls that crap in, and we see a 10 point swing plus momentum - game over. (Wisconsin flashback) Amature coordinator calling an amature game.

Giving up 6 sacks is really handing it to the D-Line :sarcasm yeah I know three of those came on the last three plays but that just shows the lack of heart and fire our o-line plays with. FIRE BARNEY!

When it comes to Taylor, is it really the OL 'giving up' sacks?

We ran pretty well on a very stout DL. They should get some credit for that. It wasn't dominating by any means, but they held their own decently well.

When it comes to Taylor, is it really the OL 'giving up' sacks?

We ran pretty well on a very stout DL. They should get some credit for that. It wasn't dominating by any means, but they held their own decently well.

There's run blocking, then there's pass blocking.

Martinez goes 10-16 with 3-4 drops and we call him into question? Even the pass at Burkheads finger tips was well thrown...just led him 8 inches too far.

Just because a pass is a spiral doesn't mean it is well thrown. But, I guess it was Rex's fault for not growing that extra inch back in 8th grade.

Martinez sprays it around folks. You can blame all the drops on the receivers, but they aren't. When a pass is supposed to be placed at point X, and it consistently is placed anywhere but point X, it is a recipe for the dropsies.

Martinez goes 10-16 with 3-4 drops and we call him into question? Even the pass at Burkheads finger tips was well thrown...just led him 8 inches too far.

Just because a pass is a spiral doesn't mean it is well thrown. But, I guess it was Rex's fault for not growing that extra inch back in 8th grade.

Martinez sprays it around folks. You can blame all the drops on the receivers, but they aren't. When a pass is supposed to be placed at point X, and it consistently is placed anywhere but point X, it is a recipe for the dropsies.

So Luck overthrows a guy and it's nothing. Martinez does it 1 time in the game and it's the end of the world. Not every throw is going to be perfect. If you told me before the game that Martinez was going to throw the ball 16 total times and 14 of them were in the hands of the receiver (which is the only point X that matters out there) I wouldn't have had an issue w/ his passing at all. Would you?

Do you expect him to stick it the receiver's facemask - Little Giants style? Because he tried...Kinnie dropped that one to.

I seriously doubt anyone else gets a look at the starting position next season despite what the coaching staff might say. Taylor will remain the starter until graduation. Carnes barely got a few token reps this year even if the game was put away by the 3rd quarter. That is one of my biggest sore spots. Give the other guys some reps to help build their development.

Taylor has made good progress this year, but I wonder how much better his passing will get. I'd love to see Carnes play more just to get a comparison of their abilities . Looks like Brion will stay so we might see him start his 5th year as a senior. If he has a good year, then many will second guess his lack of playing time. Remember Joe Ganz?

Let me start by saying, I am not a huge fan of Tayor's, but it is really hard to put too much of the blame for yesterday's meltdown on him. How many times was NU in an unfavorable down-and-distance in that game? Too many questionable calls by Beck, too many times Martinez was put in a position where he HAD to make a play. I think with better play calling, and if we could cut back on some of those F-ing penalties, Taylor would be fine...perhaps not great...but fine. But you can't keep putting him in the position of having to come up with big plays in 2nd-and-15 or 3rd-and-11 situations; particularly against a D-line like S. Carolina's. He came up with some of those plays yesterday, but he was in that situation way to often. The O-line play was not great, too many penalties, questinable play calling, and the dropped passes were just too much for Taylor to overcome. Maybe he should be replaced, but I would love to see how he would do with more consistent O-line play (including fewer penalties), better play calling from the booth, and receivers who actually catch passes that hit them in the hands. As someone said above, and I will paraphrase here, yesterday's game was a team cluster-f**k, it was not allTaylor's fault.