I hope Turner or another QB gets a long hard look this offseason.

Taylor was 10/16 yesterday, which is a 62.5 completion percentage. At least 3 passes were dropped.

Finally, someone who gets it.

It's not all T-Mart and it's not all WRs.

Fair enough. But just make sure to credit both T-Magic and the WR corps next season if his completion percentage continues to rise. Because although I see and understand your obvious point about QB's needing to put balls consistently on target, having WR's that flat drop catches on key drives is equally devastating.

• Fire 2

Martinez was not the QB he was last year. His passing was marginally better this year, but his running was way, way off the mark from last year. Last year I thought he might score a TD every time he ran the ball. This year he lacked the vision and breakaway speed we saw last year. I think his running game started to change when they got worried about him getting injured and after several fumbles. His zone read this year were horrible. I'm not sure what he was reading, but it was not the defensive player he is supposed to be reading. The bowl game showed plenty of examples where the read was the defensive end and the DE clearly keyed on Martinez and he kept the ball anyway. Horrible.

Because I am not going to re-type the long rant.....please see post #83

Fair enough. But just make sure to credit both T-Magic and the WR corps next season if his completion percentage continues to rise. Because although I see and understand your obvious point about QB's needing to put balls consistently on target, having WR's that flat drop catches on key drives is equally devastating.

Agreed. I think the WRs don't trust where T-Mart will locate the ball and it means they are thinking "where is this ball gonna be" instead of just knowing it will be on target. So, even when the ball is on the numbers, so to speak, they are all mentally bollixed up and they drop the ball.

I think we can all agree Kenny Bell is a gamer with good hands and has made some extraordinary catches, and even he had a long series of the dropsies at one point this season too.

Im just gonna chime because I feel like it. Many of you know my feelings regarding Taylor last off season. So I thought I would give my take on Taylor this season.

Taylor DID not lose us any games this year. He limited his mistakes had more pocket presence, had considerably less turnovers, and proved with his wacky throwing motion he can be an alright passer.

To you people that said Taylor didnt win us any games despite being 9-4. Does anybody remember the Ohio State game???? Oh how forgetful you are all. He took the team on his back in 2nd half and led them to a victory. Remember the Northwestern game when our defense couldnt stop a nose bleed. He almost did it again rallying the team from 2 TDs down to get within a FG. He had almost 400 yards of offense that game.

He put up decent numbers against Washington and Fresno when those teams were giving us fits and we had a terrible time putting those teams away. Our backup wouldnt have gotten it done. To say Taylor didnt win us any games this year is the most arrogant thing a "hater"(just for you, bshirt) could say.

Am I gonna sit here and say that Taylor will be a heisman contender, All American, all conference type of player, No. He is the best we got right now and he isnt doing anything to change that.

Happy offseason!

huskerscott just said that Taylor should remain the starter. I believe we can now close this thread.

• Fire 1

Martinez was not the QB he was last year. His passing was marginally better this year, but his running was way, way off the mark from last year. Last year I thought he might score a TD every time he ran the ball. This year he lacked the vision and breakaway speed we saw last year. I think his running game started to change when they got worried about him getting injured and after several fumbles. His zone read this year were horrible. I'm not sure what he was reading, but it was not the defensive player he is supposed to be reading. The bowl game showed plenty of examples where the read was the defensive end and the DE clearly keyed on Martinez and he kept the ball anyway. Horrible.

Running was way, way off mark?

2010: 965- 12 TD's

2011: 874- 9 TD's

And to be noted we played statistically tougher defenses this year, and the coaches have admitted they limited his running. If you are going to say something make sure you are at least right.

• Fire 1

Im just gonna chime because I feel like it. Many of you know my feelings regarding Taylor last off season. So I thought I would give my take on Taylor this season.

Taylor DID not lose us any games this year. He limited his mistakes had more pocket presence, had considerably less turnovers, and proved with his wacky throwing motion he can be an alright passer.

To you people that said Taylor didnt win us any games despite being 9-4. Does anybody remember the Ohio State game???? Oh how forgetful you are all. He took the team on his back in 2nd half and led them to a victory. Remember the Northwestern game when our defense couldnt stop a nose bleed. He almost did it again rallying the team from 2 TDs down to get within a FG. He had almost 400 yards of offense that game.

He put up decent numbers against Washington and Fresno when those teams were giving us fits and we had a terrible time putting those teams away. Our backup wouldnt have gotten it done. To say Taylor didnt win us any games this year is the most arrogant thing a "hater"(just for you, bshirt) could say.

Am I gonna sit here and say that Taylor will be a heisman contender, All American, all conference type of player, No. He is the best we got right now and he isnt doing anything to change that.

Happy offseason!

huskerscott just said that Taylor should remain the starter. I believe we can now close this thread.

I respect people who can admit that someone proved them wrong. Not too many people on this board would do what huskerscott did.

• Fire 1

Happy offseason!

I know Im crazy. Last off season I said I wanted to see leadership, better decision making, and more awareness. I saw it this year. So I will keep my mouth shut.

Im gonna put some BBQ sauce on my crow so it taste better.

• Fire 3

When he launched the TD pass to Bell, a collective groan filled the room.

Sorry, couldn't get past this comment. Earlier in the year he was underthrowing them so much that they couldn't score a touchdown....which I did have a problem with.

Now we complain about touchdowns....Interesting.

Well, his footwork on the pass was nothing to admire, but it did get there.

His INT and a few other tosses however, are far more worrisome.

If you watch the play, Martinez throws the ball to the sideline expecting Abdullah to cut in and make the catch. Instead, Abdullah turned around and stayed at home. I think that was more a communication error than it was Martinez making a bad throw. Besides, that was Martinez first interception since the Michigan State game, if I'm not mistaken. It's not like the interceptions have been a big problem since the Wisconsin game.

As far as Martinez being a difference maker, it's tough to do so when your offensive line is that bad. I'm not making excuses for Martinez, because I think he has a ways to go (just like many other players do), but his offensive line did few favors yesterday. Furthermore, you all might remember Martinez got us down into scoring position on a huge run. He made an errant throw the next play, and then we had penalties and possibly either a turnover or some other lost yards (can't remember exactly what happen, but Martinez can't wholly be blamed for that collapse in scoring position).

100% agree.

Our Oline, as usual, gets totally stuffed/creates all kind penalties and our wrs drop two or three passes every game. So what is the final analysis? Of course, Tmart s*cks.

The TV announcers also said the interception looked like a communication problem between Tmart & Abdullah. Even if it's his fault that's "one" real interception for the last seven games. But so what? Of course, Tmart s*cks.

This game looked all the world to me as high-lighting of some major, major problems we've had this year and before that are no where near to being fixed. However, as you stated so well, I agree that "qb" is the least of our worries. To me, listed below are far bigger problems than Tmart....

1. Oline- Wildly inconsistent run blocking. This year showed improvement with penalties until this game where it returned in a big, big way. Run blocking was worse this year than 2010 (which wasn't overwhelming).

2. WRs- Stone hands. Niles Paul disease continues.

3. RBs- After SuperRex it's a Grand Canyon drop off in production. Largely due to our Oline but still a problem.

4. Dline - No push whatever and no difference makers. Do we even have any DEs? Yeah, a "lot" of that is the two-gap crap but nevertheless it's a huge problem that Bo "must" address.

5. Defensive scheme - Oh Gawd, I'm not going to get started with this.

To me, it looks like SRex & Tmart are the only real positive assets we have on offense and those two can't consistently carry the massive load all game long vs competent defenses. The load is just too heavy.

• Fire 1

Happy offseason!

I know Im crazy. Last off season I said I wanted to see leadership, better decision making, and more awareness. I saw it this year. So I will keep my mouth shut.

but the bottom line is TM is a run first qb, i thought a qb's main function was being a capable passer 1st, game manager 2nd and scrambler 3rd....TM doesn't know how to scramble, only run the zone read......

Happy offseason!

but the bottom line is TM is a run first qb, i thought a qb's main function was being a capable passer 1st, game manager 2nd and scrambler 3rd....TM doesn't know how to scramble, only run the zone read......

To bad Frazier, Crouch & Frost's main function wasn't being a capable passer 1st. No wonder we could never win with those guys.

• Fire 1

Happy offseason!

A QB's main function is to run the offense. Every thing after that depends on what offense you're running. We're running an option-based, run-first offense. Andrew Luck wouldn't be a very good fit.

• Fire 1

Happy offseason!

I'll send ya and ice cold 12 pack of Bud to help you get it down. We've all been there before, HuskerScott. So don't feel like the Lone Ranger.

GBR!!

Happy offseason!

To bad Frazier, Crouch & Frost's main function wasn't being a capable passer 1st. No wonder we could never win with those guys.

you're right. RG3 and Luck were overated all year, thankfully we didn't have all that passing going on here!

lol, exactly. You would really think that Husker fans would be the first to acknowledge this - we should be able to wrap our minds around this as well as any fan base. But the T-Magic scapegoat-lust gets in the way. :waste

• Fire 1