Shatel: NU sky not falling despite struggles

Nexus

Pelini wont be on the hot until he underachieves his current quota, hence he wins less that 9 games.

I wish this was the case, but if we have another season next year like this year, that seat will begin to heat up. People are getting really tired of humiliating blowout losses. I am too, but it hasn't crossed my mind yet to actually put Bo on the hot seat.

I've said it a lot in the last week or two: I am optimistic about next year. I think the defense could really hit its stride as long as Lavonte and Fonzo's spots get filled by capable guys that really step up. As far as offense is concerned, we have 3 important spots to fill, and if we get Peat, he could start day 1 at LT, with Moore at RT, or vice versa. I also have faith that Pensick will not miss a beat from Caputo. With a somewhat disappointing year, I think there's nowhere to go but up.

• Fire 1

the article was as fair as anyone could hope for........Pelini and Doc are on the hot seat, simple as that. I would guess TO's phone is ringing too....a lot more than we might suspect, then again, maybe not. but the overall image many of us see is a coach and a football team under achieving, frustrated coaches making regretable comments, at odds with reporters........lack of team comradrie, it is all missing and sadly Bo keeps saying "we got to fix us"........"we'll be fine".

we are not fine

How so? Just curious. :)

Pelini ..... on the hot seat

:facepalm:

No, he isn't. Not even close.

Nor should he be. This is what I keep trying to tell people about expectations! Lay the f#*k off the guy and let him do his job! The only problem is any of the talking coming out of the University or any coaches or players. Shut the f#*k up, put your heads down and go to work. Period end of story. We hired a first time head coach. He has hired first time coordinators throughout. It will be a ride. Hopefully not a terribly long ride, but when you take the path we have taken it can be a bit of time before it all pans out. Fact is, the way Bo has hired the people he trusts so much, it will be his downfall if those people don't pan out. It is all on him right now. He deserves the time for those people to pan out though. Husker fans can be ridiculous, but honestly, I don't think Shatel reads this blog. I haven't gotten the negative vibes he's been getting. Not from Huskerboard. He must frequent some other pitiful place full of a bunch of impatient pissant crybabies.

• Fire 1

'not sure who the minority & majority and what the fan base truly believes (outside of a few people he talked to).

The one thing I wanted to ask Shatel after I read the article was, 'Who did you talk to?' I mean, most of the comments he attributed to fans were negative. There were many negative comments on this board after the game, that's to be expected, it happens every time we lose, but there was also some really good discussion about the positives for next year. I wished Shatel would've talked to some of those people. Otherwise it was pretty boring because there wasn't any 'new' news.

the article was as fair as anyone could hope for........Pelini and Doc are on the hot seat, simple as that. I would guess TO's phone is ringing too....a lot more than we might suspect, then again, maybe not. but the overall image many of us see is a coach and a football team under achieving, frustrated coaches making regretable comments, at odds with reporters........lack of team comradrie, it is all missing and sadly Bo keeps saying "we got to fix us"........"we'll be fine".

we are not fine

Here's my take (no offense to your critique-I just don't agree with all of it. :) ) The article was redundant. Did you read anything you didn't already know about? Pelini is not on the hot seat-no where near it-Doc-looks like he might be but I don't know. The image of Bo is what the press wants people to believe. However, it is not an accurate image. I read something on the Corn Nation board yesterday that was really spot on. Why is it that the OWH never shows pictures of Bo smiling? They have tons of pictures of him smiling, joking around with his players...why do we never see them. They only show him yelling. Why is that? My guess is.....BECAUSE THEY WANT TO SELL PAPERS!!! (Caps for emphasis-I'm not yelling.) Folks, please don't be duped by the press. We are fine. We did pretty well this year. Our stats are up ( I compared 2010 with this year and they're up!) we have some great players coming back next year, a lot of our players will be in their 3rd year-it's exciting times! I look forward to next year and the year after that as well. If I'm wrong then I will come on the board and take my punches but for now....I refuse to be moved by the press.

I also believe Bo get's at least 10 yrs. to make it work. If TO stay's in office that long. He will give Bo a lot of leeway. He picked FS as his successor and that didn't work out to well. But some people don't think Frank was given enough time. Sure TO sees it that way. So I think he stick's with Bo until they run him out of town.

Like the article said. Think he get's another though. He really needs some big time help with getting better recruit's.

Yeah, I would agree with that what with the new facility and all but if something doesn't change I'm hoping he doesn't end up like Mike Anderson, you know? :(

Edit: I'm talking about Doc Sadler here-Not Bo! :)

Like the article said. Think he get's another though. He really needs some big time help with getting better recruit's.

Yeah, I would agree with that what with the new facility and all but if something doesn't change I'm hoping he doesn't end up like Mike Anderson, you know? :(

Any chance of Bo being similar to Mike Anderson has already been extinguished. Anderson inherited a program with a stellar pitching coach and great players that made perennial pushes toward the CWS. Over his tenure as baseball coach, his teams gradually got worse each year. I used to love watching NU baseball. Hopefully now that Erstad is in charge, he will restore the program back to where it used to be, or better.

Bo, on the other hand, inherited a program that was in shambles and within 2 or 3 years, he restored it to about 75% of what it used to be. Since then, his teams have been fairly steady. I guess I would probably count this year as a rebuilding year because of the performance and the overwhelming amount of youth on the team. I am hoping that our youth turns into experience by the time next year comes around, and I am pretty optimistic that it will.

Not sure if that was the angle you were taking on it or not, just thought I would throw that out there...

Any chance of Bo being similar to Mike Anderson has already been extinguished. Anderson inherited a program with a stellar pitching coach and great players that made perennial pushes toward the CWS. Over his tenure as baseball coach, his teams gradually got worse each year. I used to love watching NU baseball. Hopefully now that Erstad is in charge, he will restore the program back to where it used to be, or better.

Bo, on the other hand, inherited a program that was in shambles and within 2 or 3 years, he restored it to about 75% of what it used to be. Since then, his teams have been fairly steady. I guess I would probably count this year as a rebuilding year because of the performance and the overwhelming amount of youth on the team. I am hoping that our youth turns into experience by the time next year comes around, and I am pretty optimistic that it will.

Not sure if that was the angle you were taking on it or not, just thought I would throw that out there...

I'm sorry! I was talking about Doc Sadler ending up like Mike Anderson-not Bo. Bo is no where near the hot seat. I'm so sorry for that lack of clarity! :)