Big Ten basketball power rankings

NUance

^^ I think Rosie has Illinois a bit high. I'd put the Illini down around 7th or 8th. Also, I'd move NU up to 11th after we beat Penn State tomorrow night. ;)

Illinois players must have read your post cause they played lights out tonight.

@TO Bull: How can you root for Duke one season and UNC another? They are mortal enemies. And you must love white basketball players :)

I don't see how Illinois can barely edge the hapless Huskers one night, and then turn around and beat the #5 team in the country a couple days later. I guess that's why they play the game.

^^ I think Rosie has Illinois a bit high. I'd put the Illini down around 7th or 8th. Also, I'd move NU up to 11th after we beat Penn State tomorrow night. ;)

Illinois players must have read your post cause they played lights out tonight.

@TO Bull: How can you root for Duke one season and UNC another? They are mortal enemies. And you must love white basketball players :)

I mostly follow the team C-Bear likes and she liked JJ and then Psyc T. Its not like I'm anything other than a basketball band wagoner, yes I admit it and that's why I'm so pissed about the level of BB at UNL.

Fire SADler now.

T_O_B

G>B>R

I don't think anyone has ever disparaged Sadler as a man outside of his coaching abilities--he's polite, he takes time with the fans, and he's willing to do anything (within reason) to help his team. His PR skills are excellent, he does an excellent job on-camera promoting the program and Nebraska, and Bo could should take a pointer or two from the man on this topic (if he hasn't done so already).

But Coach Sadler is ultimately judged by his on-the-court product, as are most coaches, so it stands to reason that Doc, barring a miracle, will not be coaching at DoNU next year.

My question is, does Doc still want to coach (here or elsewhere), or will Nebraska find an admin position for him to land in to help the basketball team? Frankly, Doc Saddler has a lot of basketball connections, and I bet he would do wonders shaking hands with boosters and helping DoNU get basketball back on its feet from an administrative point-of-view.

Big Ten basketball power rankings

By BRIAN ROSENTHAL / Lincoln Journal Star |Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 11:00 pm

1. Michigan State (15-3, 4-1)

2. Ohio State (16-3, 4-2)

3. Illinois (15-3, 4-1)

4. Indiana (15-3, 3-3)

5. Michigan (14-4, 4-2)

6. Northwestern (12-5, 2-3)

7. Wisconsin (14-5, 3-3)

8. Purdue (13-5, 3-2)

9. Iowa (11-8, 3-3)

10. Minnesota (14-5, 2-4)

11. Nebraska (9-8, 1-5)

12. Penn State (9-10, 1-5)

LINK

UPDATE: This is from Monday. So it doesn't take into account Meechicken knocking off little brother Sparty yesterday.