Personal experience of police wasting tax payers money

I've never understood the cases in which people are charged with crimes for recording police. In most cases, unless the person is actually interfering with the officer or is in somehow in danger or endangering someone else I think its ridiculous. I seem to remember some case in which someone was arrested (Baltimore area I think) simply for taping another person's arrest as it was somehow against a municipal law...and another one in which a man was recording police from his front lawn and was bothered...I know that's all anecdotal but still. Kind of dumb.

yeah, cactusboyOG is the same poster who had a similar problem with police a few years ago when they gave him a speeding ticket. he set up a court date (even after admitting he was speeding) and ended up being extremely unprepared. he felt like the cop had no right to give him a ticket and he claimed the cop was a dick even though he was not. a lot of times people don't realize when they are being rude to someone, especially when they're insisting they did nothin wrong. just sayin

if you went into the encounter with the "i'm doing nothing wrong" despite you admitting you parked like one of those a-holes in the big trucks who think they can park anywhere...i doubt you were just some polite dude getting treated poorly by the police. i also doubt they were called to your location because you were illegally parked. someone probably saw a vehicle in the parking lot that was left running and for sum reason thought it was suspicious. or perhaps there had been burglaries in that area and a resident called when they thought u were casing the area when you said you couldnt find somewhere to park, and perhaps that resident became suspicious when they saw u drive up on a curb and no resident get out of the vehicle.

when the cops contact you, change up your attitude. instead of always having the "but i did NOTHING WRONG!" attitude, u at the very least were parked up on the curb. a simple "my bad, i couldnt find a spot and i was in a hurry, i'll move it" probably would have made for a more pleasant counter.

LOL What was your name on HP and why did you change it to my name on HP?

You know the cop wasn't a dick? Funny because after court he talked to me and apologized for how he acted. and how wasn't I prepared for the case? I got he cop to admit the speed he estimatd for me could have been wrong because he had to speed up to pace me. The judge simply choose to uphold the ticket anyway. I wasn't sure what speed I was going at..it could have been over the limit, but I knew it wasn't as fast as the cop said.

no offense, but i doubt that happened. the way you roll, you would have definitely brought that up.

yeah, cactusboyOG is the same poster who had a similar problem with police a few years ago when they gave him a speeding ticket. he set up a court date (even after admitting he was speeding) and ended up being extremely unprepared. he felt like the cop had no right to give him a ticket and he claimed the cop was a dick even though he was not. a lot of times people don't realize when they are being rude to someone, especially when they're insisting they did nothin wrong. just sayin

if you went into the encounter with the "i'm doing nothing wrong" despite you admitting you parked like one of those a-holes in the big trucks who think they can park anywhere...i doubt you were just some polite dude getting treated poorly by the police. i also doubt they were called to your location because you were illegally parked. someone probably saw a vehicle in the parking lot that was left running and for sum reason thought it was suspicious. or perhaps there had been burglaries in that area and a resident called when they thought u were casing the area when you said you couldnt find somewhere to park, and perhaps that resident became suspicious when they saw u drive up on a curb and no resident get out of the vehicle.

when the cops contact you, change up your attitude. instead of always having the "but i did NOTHING WRONG!" attitude, u at the very least were parked up on the curb. a simple "my bad, i couldnt find a spot and i was in a hurry, i'll move it" probably would have made for a more pleasant counter.

You know the cop wasn't a dick? Funny because after court he talked to me and apologized for how he acted. and how wasn't I prepared for the case? I got he cop to admit the speed he estimatd for me could have been wrong because he had to speed up to pace me. The judge simply choose to uphold the ticket anyway. I wasn't sure what speed I was going at..it could have been over the limit, but I knew it wasn't as fast as the cop said.

no offense, but i doubt that happened. the way you roll, you would have definitely brought that up.

What was your name on HP and why did you change it to the name I used on HP?

• Fire 1

The real question is has there been any followup dates or did the cop thing scare her off? :P

The cops eneded up being great wing men. Because I had said I had some drinks earlier in the night they made me stay with her instead of leave. :)

Which again makes it confusing as if to why they didn't at least give me a field test.

Not to you, but if anyone thinks I could be a dick, wise ass, loud mouth, etc...ask someone that knows me first hand. At least HP/M peopel can. Ask Red Phoenix, Nems, or Sonuva.

i absolutely think you can be those things, because we all can be. and interacting amongst friends at a tailgate is not the same as being contacted or approached by cops.

this is my name on huskerboard. i like my name. i stopped posting in the cafe on HP years ago.

this is my name on huskerboard. i like my name. i stopped posting in the cafe on HP years ago.

Don't lie...you used to be Badgerfan on there but then I took your name. Vicious cycle....

I've never understood the cases in which people are charged with crimes for recording police. In most cases, unless the person is actually interfering with the officer or is in somehow in danger or endangering someone else I think its ridiculous. I seem to remember some case in which someone was arrested (Baltimore area I think) simply for taping another person's arrest as it was somehow against a municipal law...and another one in which a man was recording police from his front lawn and was bothered...I know that's all anecdotal but still. Kind of dumb.

yeah anyone should have the right to video tape anyone IMO, if its in a public place. you should be able to record a cop definitely.

It is dumb. They arrest you for it through a sort of loop hole. In some states it's illegal to record audio w/out the consent of boht parties. That law is meant for telephone calls. THey use this as a way to stop people from video taping them...because most record audio too. THe police should stop doing this ASAP because it's only going to lead to them looking petty, bad, and afraid of accountablilty. It's a horrible PR move for them to do this.

I think all police officers should wear helmets with cameras and motion capture suits to track all of their movements...they also shouldn't carry firearms or hand cuffs and their sirens should sound like gay guys moaning like they do in France.

mocap_suit.jpg

The real question is has there been any followup dates or did the cop thing scare her off? :P

The cops eneded up being great wing men. Because I had said I had some drinks earlier in the night they made me stay with her instead of leave. :)

Which again makes it confusing as if to why they didn't at least give me a field test.

Not to you, but if anyone thinks I could be a dick, wise ass, loud mouth, etc...ask someone that knows me first hand. At least HP/M peopel can. Ask Red Phoenix, Nems, or Sonuva.

i absolutely think you can be those things, because we all can be. and interacting amongst friends at a tailgate is not the same as being contacted or approached by cops.

I've been around RP in a lot more settings that tailgaiting. He may not know 100%, but he'd have a lot better feel than anyone here.

It is dumb. They arrest you for it through a sort of loop hole. In some states it's illegal to record audio w/out the consent of boht parties. That law is meant for telephone calls. THey use this as a way to stop people from video taping them...because most record audio too. THe police should stop doing this ASAP because it's only going to lead to them looking petty, bad, and afraid of accountablilty. It's a horrible PR move for them to do this.

If you don't like a law lobby to have it changed. That's what the USA is all about.

T_O_B

G>B>R

If you don't like a law lobby to have it changed. That's what the USA is all about.

T_O_B

G>B>R

Or you can fight it and make a song...THAT is what the USA is all about.