September 8th at UCLA

try caltech student services. they always have tickets available for UCLA games and discount things for disney land, unversal studios, etc. you might have to be a resident of pasadena, but don't think so. the wife and i have bought several tickets to ucla games at the rose bowl through them. if looking for a hotel room, there are a lot of different places at different prices. pasadena is pretty safe (avoid the northwest part near muir high school) so pretty much anywhere you find a hotel in pasadena will be fine. there are several hotels along colorado blvd in the east part of pasadena that are fine and you can get rooms for well under $100.00/night.

• 2 weeks later...

All right, well I hate to admit this, but I just purchased UCLA season seats a few moments ago, ONLY TO GUARENTEE TICKETS FOR THE BIG RED. I have been bugging friends, family, coworkers, and neighbors for the last few weeks to see who would want to help me go to the extra games and fill the seats for me. Finally, I bit the big one and bought the seats (since I am getting a lot of interest from everyone about using the tickets for the other games). So, if anyone wants to see Andrus play or Owa and Fuller, let me know. It is the weirdest thing when you call the UCLA season ticket office and tell them the only reason why you are getting these tickets is because you are a die-hard fan of Nebraska and that you wanted to reserve good seats for that specific game only.

Anyways, I just had to share with everyone that I am EXCITED about finally having tickets to go see BIG RED!!!!! I can't wait to see the Rose Bowl covered in RED! GBR!!!!!

I thought is was agreed by Husker Board that whenever Nebraska played in the state of California, skersfan would be the MAIN TAILGATER for all Husker fans :D

UCLA, then USC and Holiday Bowl: skersfan is like buttered bread; all over it. GBR GBR GBR

The UCLA area isn't nearly as bad as the Sc area. Hence my son won't have to provided armed guard service :D

I'm excited for this match-up too. Hopefully playing in that stadium can motivate our guys. (Didn't read the whole thread, sorry if someone else already mentioned this).

I like the idea of a test in the non-con. Washington was a fun team to play the first time around (Obviously got sick of them in a hurry). Definitely like the upcoming series with the Bruins.

It will be interesting to see how Jim Mora does in his first season with UCLA. He seems to have brought radical change to the school in his short time being there.

I hate the off-season..

Rawhide, I appreciate your kind words, but I do not think we will be doing a tail gate again. Patti dispises Bo, will not even watch the games anymore. I have asked and she just says I can go if I want to, she will not pay a dime to watch anything he is associated with. I had mentioned season tickets for UCLA and she does not want to buy them. I have a couple of weeks to work on her, but right now I seriously doubt we will be there. This is a major change for me, not dealing with it real well. Maybe for Fresno State.

I am actually going to try and take a break from the site to. I am tired of all the beating up of the kids, Taylor mostly, and listening to the same old crap over and over and over and over. It is really becoming depressing for me. I am not happy about the way things are going, I am not convinced we have the best coaches available, I am not convinced we are doing the best job at recruiting, nor am I happy with the image that our head coach projects. Even Fox made comment about the road rage. I think I need to step away, charge the batteries, and look at this thing in late March. Hopefully I will be in better spirits about the team then.

GBR!

To me this is gonna be a real big game for us ... we need to make a recruiting statement ... to those who passed on us in the past and to those who would consider us in the future. Hope we slap them around and embarrass them with class and a nasty brand of football.

Well said. We need to beat them soundly for many reasons.

Rawhide, I appreciate your kind words, but I do not think we will be doing a tail gate again. Patti dispises Bo, will not even watch the games anymore. I have asked and she just says I can go if I want to, she will not pay a dime to watch anything he is associated with. I had mentioned season tickets for UCLA and she does not want to buy them. I have a couple of weeks to work on her, but right now I seriously doubt we will be there. This is a major change for me, not dealing with it real well. Maybe for Fresno State.

I am actually going to try and take a break from the site to. I am tired of all the beating up of the kids, Taylor mostly, and listening to the same old crap over and over and over and over. It is really becoming depressing for me. I am not happy about the way things are going, I am not convinced we have the best coaches available, I am not convinced we are doing the best job at recruiting, nor am I happy with the image that our head coach projects. Even Fox made comment about the road rage. I think I need to step away, charge the batteries, and look at this thing in late March. Hopefully I will be in better spirits about the team then.

GBR!

I thought he projected a pretty damn good image at his recruiting day press conference and recruiting dinner in Omaha. He showed up in a good mood even after being in an accident. He didn't even have to show up at all for that matter, but he did. Good job, Bo!

It's a risk if you're making a big out of town trip there, but I'm almost positive you'll be able to get scalper tix outside the stadium for well under $100 day of game. Face value or less at kickoff.

I'm in NorCal and planning to go myself. Went to the 1993 UCLA game at the Rose Bowl, when freshman I-back Lawrence Phillips got everyone's attention.

I was there too! Tough game.....we squeezed it out.