How good can we be with TM under center next year?

G0B1GRED

I think if you're man enough to stand up and say, "I'm going to make it my mission to prove this man wrong" then yes, it is motivation.

But if the players are gonna be pusses and cry about how the comment hurt their feelings, then they don't need to be on the field in the first place.

MAN UP!!!

exactly....

we don't want coaches to sugarcoat, and when they shoot straight - a breath of fresh air, by the way - we paint it as just frustration and spouting off inappropriately.

Our weaknesses were put on display in a very clear way, and Raymond didn't hold back.

Oh yeah, free Courtney Osborne.

It is not an issue of man up or feelings hurt... the one who has to man up is the coach who basically tried to cover the embarrassment of getting smoked by skirting any blame toward self. He failed to take responsibility for the shortcomings and blamed the players... the coach is the one who needs to man up and state that "we have a great deal to work on and BOTH we coaches and the players must improve... this was the fault of us all. We win together and we lose together." But instead he basically said... "what can I do, my players suck." He sold out his players and if I were one of them, I'd have no respect for the man (at least on that basis... the coach could earn it back... but that was just a childish move by the coach.

Oh, come on! We take one snippet and not the whole of what the coach said. We demand coaches to take responsibility but never give them credit when they do. Even Callahan took responsibility for his losses, but nobody ever remembers that, and indeed, the opposite is taken to be truth today.

Raymond is an extremely valuable asset to this staff. The truth of the matter really is our players have not been up to snuff. And talking about execution, reinforcing that idea and bringing players to task when they lack it - it is no different than what Bo has always done.

Did Raymond also blame himself, I dunno, I'd have to go look back at his statement.

A player having that reaction would be childish. A coach should have the utmost of standards towards his players, not "be nice" to them. Players saying that about each other is bad, they're players and it would be throwing under the bus. A coach is the guy that is in a position to set the standards for the team.

It is not an issue of man up or feelings hurt... the one who has to man up is the coach who basically tried to cover the embarrassment of getting smoked by skirting any blame toward self. He failed to take responsibility for the shortcomings and blamed the players... the coach is the one who needs to man up and state that "we have a great deal to work on and BOTH we coaches and the players must improve... this was the fault of us all. We win together and we lose together." But instead he basically said... "what can I do, my players suck." He sold out his players and if I were one of them, I'd have no respect for the man (at least on that basis... the coach could earn it back... but that was just a childish move by the coach.

natural ability is one thing......but you can develop mental toughness, strength and conditioning, speed drills, technique.......all that requires the recognition that it needs to be done and making a plan.....it's called coaching.......coach 'em up Corey, make 'em better and stop whining.....you don't hear Bo whining!

I couldn't agree more. It was pretty shocking that a coach would come out and embarrass his players like that. Especially when you consider all the "point the thumb" bullsh#t that Bo has spewed since he got here. Bo not only has not passed that attitude along to his coaches, but Bo himself was quoted multiple times this year as saying that " the guys just aren't executing" what the coaches are teaching them in practice. I thought this was a big step back for the coaches this season. I don't expect the players to feel the same level of respect for Bo and his staff after they pretty much abandoned all the principles they've been preaching for so long. Bo not only lost his integrity in that respect, but he also seems to have changed his philosophy about moral victories.......When he came here it was " we win Championships, that's what it's all about".......Now it's about good effort and good grades. I'm not saying it shouldn't be about good effort and good grades. I think it should be as much about that as anything. Bo is the one that said it's all about Championships.....not me. I think Bo is headed for the first NFL job he is offered. Just my opinion. He has changed quite a bit since he got here, and I think he has learned some harsh realities about the college game. His complex schemes are not a fit, and until he simplifies all of it on both sides of the ball, he will not be successful.

I think if you're man enough to stand up and say, "I'm going to make it my mission to prove this man wrong" then yes, it is motivation.

But if the players are gonna be pusses and cry about how the comment hurt their feelings, then they don't need to be on the field in the first place.

MAN UP!!!

How much manning up do you see on the field during the games? I have every game on DVR. I watched them all and can't see 1 single time where a player on this team grabs another player by the facemask and tells them to "man up". Other than Lavonte David, it didn't look to me like anyone else out there was ready to take this team on their shoulders. You could say Burkhead carried the other side of the ball, but I didn't see once that those guys displayed the vocal leadership on the field. I didn't see a team that rallied around each other. Neither side of the ball seemed to feed off each other's energy. Taylor Martinez sure as hell doesn't open his mouth out there. This lead by example stuff is great, but sometimes it takes more than that. Grant Wistrom, Tommie Frazier, and the Peter Bros' could all say a thing or two about that. Broderick Thomas, Trev Alberts..so on so forth. Those teams weren't just great for no reason. Those guys fought hard for each other, and held each other to a high level. I don't see it on Bo's teams. They answer to Bo and that's it. What about answering to each other? These guys are supposed to be brothers? Where is the brotherhood?

No, I believe it's like every other topic that goes on for too long. It always comes back to how they hate Nu football, Bo, BC, and now CR. Some of these poster really get butt hurt over the littlest things.

The funny part about it the only people that got but hurt about what he said are the fans. The players probably felt he was right and they understand they need to get better.

:dunno :dunno :dunno

MAN UP!!!

How much manning up do you see on the field during the games? I have every game on DVR. I watched them all and can't see 1 single time where a player on this team grabs another player by the facemask and tells them to "man up". Other than Lavonte David, it didn't look to me like anyone else out there was ready to take this team on their shoulders. You could say Burkhead carried the other side of the ball, but I didn't see once that those guys displayed the vocal leadership on the field. I didn't see a team that rallied around each other. Neither side of the ball seemed to feed off each other's energy. Taylor Martinez sure as hell doesn't open his mouth out there. This lead by example stuff is great, but sometimes it takes more than that. Grant Wistrom, Tommie Frazier, and the Peter Bros' could all say a thing or two about that. Broderick Thomas, Trev Alberts..so on so forth. Those teams weren't just great for no reason. Those guys fought hard for each other, and held each other to a high level. I don't see it on Bo's teams. They answer to Bo and that's it. What about answering to each other? These guys are supposed to be brothers? Where is the brotherhood?

LOL. you kill me.

MAN UP!!!

I heard that Taylor was vocal and upbeat in the OSU comeback.

Nebraska will probably have 9-10 wins max based on nothing more than talent as long as Taylor is the starting QB. He just doesn't have the arm or mental ability to read and beat defenses.

I'm quite curious where you guys get the "Tmart doesn't have the mental ability to read & beat defenses". The crowd always sagely agree to it and move onwards but it's wayyyyyy over my head. I honestly didn't see that this year so help me please? What the heck it that based on? Anything factual at all?

Everything I've heard is just the opposite and that's precisely why he buried Carnes this year. Maybe that's all wrong and Beck & Bo are just stupid? As far as "beating" defenses it sure seems it would be glaringly obvious to even the most casual NU fan that our Oline stuffed with walk-on players had their problems beating many Dlines this year (duh!) & our wrs weren't exactly J. Rice or F. Biletnikoff catching the ball (just like last year.....and the year before) to say the very, very least. Do ya think that just might have something to do with it? At minimum I would think watching SuperRex breaking about 800 tackles behind the LOS this year might give a small clue? A very tiny clue maybe?

But it's really just Tmart being unable to read or beat a defense.....gotcha. Again, please help me with understanding that. Thank you, my kind sir.

Regarding Taylor Martinez:

1. Too often he will stare down his primary receiver.

2. If he has to throw the football more than 20 times a game he's good for at least one or two interceptions. In the Capitol One Bowl against South Carolina Taylor threw an interception as the first half was coming to a close. It was a pass that should never have been thrown because, simply put, the WR wasn't open.

3. He has not, to this point, demonstrated an effective ability to win a game throwing the ball.

In fairness to point #3 though I do wonder what Taylor would be like if our wide receivers could actually catch the ball.

I read this on another Husker site and I whole-heartedly agree: Taylor Martinez wouldn't start at QB for any other college football team. He's a WR trying to play QB.

MAN UP!!!

LOL. you kill me.

No, these people kill all of us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=286UlugVW40&feature=related