How good can we be with TM under center next year?

G0B1GRED

Lets leave next year's predictions out of this. This thread is about conjecture and how this team would be light years better with another quarterback, despite poor line play, receivers who drop balls, a defense with little pass rush....

Ahh, who am I kidding. Martinez' fault.

Exactly.

Next year's team will be better than the '95 team! GBR!!

i just hope they are better than the '11 team (which was obviously better than the '95 team, not as good as the '09 team, though).

I'm not sure how they couldn't be as good as the '11 team. We have a 2 year starter coming back at QB that can run really fast in a straight line. That's all you need to be an effective game manager at the DONU and win National Championships.

Next year has vision of '07 all over it. Stagnant offense with an atrocious defense. Does anyone think we will win more games next year as opposed to this year?

Southern Miss - W

@UCLA - L

Arkansas State (reminds me off Ball State '07) - W

TBA - Some scrub Sun Belt Team which Taylor Martinez will generate half his rushing yards/TDs for the season against - W

Wisconsin - L

@Ohio State - Embarrassing Loss

@Northwestern - L (if we can't beat them here, not sure how we are going to go on the road and keep Coulter under 500 yards of total offensive)

Michigan - L

Michigan State - Toss Up

Penn State - W

Minnesota - W

Iowa - Toss Up

8-4 is probably the best scenario for next year, 6-6 would not surprise me. I just don't see how we improve on 9 wins with what we have coming back.

With expectations like this, I don't want to hear any bitching if we win 9 games.

Next year's team will be better than the '95 team! GBR!!

i just hope they are better than the '11 team (which was obviously better than the '95 team, not as good as the '09 team, though).

I'm not sure how they couldn't be as good as the '11 team. We have a 2 year starter coming back at QB that can run really fast in a straight line. That's all you need to be an effective game manager at the DONU and win National Championships.

Next year has vision of '07 all over it. Stagnant offense with an atrocious defense. Does anyone think we will win more games next year as opposed to this year?

Southern Miss - W

@UCLA - L

Arkansas State (reminds me off Ball State '07) - W

TBA - Some scrub Sun Belt Team which Taylor Martinez will generate half his rushing yards/TDs for the season against - W

Wisconsin - L

@Ohio State - Embarrassing Loss

@Northwestern - L (if we can't beat them here, not sure how we are going to go on the road and keep Coulter under 500 yards of total offensive)

Michigan - L

Michigan State - Toss Up

Penn State - W

Minnesota - W

Iowa - Toss Up

8-4 is probably the best scenario for next year, 6-6 would not surprise me. I just don't see how we improve on 9 wins with what we have coming back.

With expectations like this, I don't want to hear any bitching if we win 9 games.

Oh trust me, there will be.

Tmart improved in several areas as the season went along. I hope his next improvement areas in the off season will be footwork/body mechanics in his passing and during spring/fall drills I hope he works on his pocket presence...if you can do that....

Another thing would be to get some forward body lean to him when he's running in traffic. I think that will save him more than the sliding they have had him doing, which he doesn't have the knack for.

I think we will be have a tough time at OSU, MSU and Michigan at home. 2-4 losses seems like a reasonable guess at this point. I think our offense will be a little better. The WR's are better. The OL should be solid if they get the center position figured out. TMART will be better and will have more competition and depth there. RB's will be better. TE's will be better. Defensively it hurts to lose David & Dennard & Crick but the staff knows were they are weak now and I think will iron some things out in the spring and fall. Having been through a B1G season will help too as they know what to expect.

Getting Seisay was huge and I think the secondary is going to get ironed out. The biggest thing I worry about is pass rush and pressure on the QB. We were crappy at that. I think they need to dial up a few more blitzes or get better push on that pocket.

Like several have posted time and time again, Martinez has some issues, So does the D line, the O line, the receivers and their drops, the DB's, special teams coverage etc......

We have such a number of issues that it may take a few years to get in the realistic hunt for the MNC (2 more). We have an incredibly young team. IMO, very little development and or experienced depth, brand new DC, second year OC etc.... We have an entire staff learning on the fly, trying to teach a bunch of young raw talent how to play in a scheme and system they, themselves (coaches) are trying to learn/implement.

With this perfect storm of short comings, folks are crazy thinking that we will contend for the MNC next year and possibly even the B1G. Folks are also crazy thinking it is all Martinez's fault. With 3-4 more catches per game, he looks like a world beater. DL actually gets pressure who knows.