Texas nets zero commits during first Junior day

Nexus

They are up to 11 now. I was made aware of this jewel by a military buddy down in Randolph AFB. Big UTerus fan.

Actually it is now 12. They got a rush of commits last week and another today. All are in staters as the norm. Seven of them are ranked in the Rivals Top 100. This is more like the Horns we know. Now once again the question is, will they be able to coach thesse kids up and have these kids started to hit their plateau? They supposedly are looking at 20 kids. That leaves 8 spots and it ain't even summer. Normal Texas recruiting.

They are up to 11 now. I was made aware of this jewel by a military buddy down in Randolph AFB. Big UTerus fan.

Actually it is now 12. They got a rush of commits last week and another today. All are in staters as the norm. Seven of them are ranked in the Rivals Top 100. This is more like the Horns we know. Now once again the question is, will they be able to coach thesse kids up and have these kids started to hit their plateau? They supposedly are looking at 20 kids. That leaves 8 spots and it ain't even summer. Normal Texas recruiting.

It must be such a terrible burden for Texas to bear having such a deep and talented pool of kids in state to draw from. I mean seriously, I commend Mack Brown because he has to work so incrdibly hard to get kids interested.

It must be such a terrible burden for Texas to bear having such a deep and talented pool of kids in state to draw from. I mean seriously, I commend Mack Brown because he has to work so incrdibly hard to get kids interested.

Yeah I know, they have so many kids who want to go there, but so few scholarships. What a pity.

Yeah I know, they have so many kids who want to go there, but so few scholarships. What a pity.

I agree on it being such a "tough" situation for Mack to be in. However, more and more I am starting to buy into the theory that some of these kids that commit so early are starting to max out their potential before seeing meaningful snaps in Austin. With the emphasis and pressure put on football in Texas at such an early age, I honestly can see the "burned out" reasoning behind a lot of Horn(and other Texas colleges) duds in the recruiting game. This is a reason that many Horn fans and alums would like Mack to not completely fill his class prior to the start of the season. To see if any other kids blossom/blow up their senior year and may be raising their potential instead of stars that may be maxing out.