The Religious Discussion of 2012

But my question is; what kind of reward can you be expecting to receive at the end of your life and exactly who is going to bestow that reward?

I expect to receive my rewards during my life, not after I'm underground. The whole idea of an afterlife is seems bizarre and a little sad to me.

I guess we will all find out someday. There have been numerous accounts of people who have died, been brought back to life, and said that while they were dead they saw a bright white light. If you have never heard them, you should do a quick search. It really is an amazing thing. Of course, cynical non-believers will attribute the white light to chemcals being released as the brain shuts down. As we've all seen on this board, non-believers find any reason they can to dismiss things like that and attribute it to "science."

The soul is an energy, and it will still exist long after we are dead.

I love how you continue to berate people who don't think like you. If somebody tries to attribute something to science, they're a "cynical non-believer'. If you have no problem calling others by that name, then I guess you have no problem being dubbed a 'blind religious fool'. Would I be right in this conclusion?

Like others on this boards, I've seen scientific evidence showing why people see some sort of white light after they die. It's been scientifically proven that terminally ill people may have a huge spike in brainwave activity before they die, resulting in the brain experiencing a cascade of information overload just before death.

I assume you have no problem with doctors knowing how to complete open-heart surgery, but the second doctors begin to test strange bodily phenomena, you cry blasphemy and insinuate they don't know what they're talking about.

How is saying that someone is a "cynical non-believer" berating others? It's a very accurate description of a lot of guys on this board apparently.

"blind religious fool" is completely different and on a different level. The equivalent name that I could call you would be somewhere along the lines of "devil worshipper." You people will take anything that I say and skew it to a completely different meaning, so I don't know why I waste my time. If you want to give up eternal life or not believe the things that the Bible says because "there's no way some guy came to earth and did a bunch of magic tricks like that" or whatever jib-jab that you guys like to say, then I guess I have no choice but to not care.

Awful cocky for someone who is going to fry. eyeswear2allthatsholy

Well, johnny, that's not a very Christian thing for you to say? Does your particular sect of Christianity encourage the judging of others?

Why is this not Christian, haven't you read about Jesus and what he said to the pharisees. Jesus judged many people some were righteous and some were not, are you worried?

Anyways. You're right. I will fry because I've chosen to be cremated.

My Christianity says if you do not believe that Jesus is the Lord and savior and he died and rose again for you then you will suffer eternal hell. Do you believe those things? Now for the record you have been told that many times by me if you choose to believe that you are just going to be ashes and nothing more after your life is over there is nothing I can do for you. Sometimes reality can make its own point, have you ever heard of scared straight? Also I did say that a little tongue in cheek, we Christians are great comedians too!! :wasted

Well, johnny, that's not a very Christian thing for you to say? Does your particular sect of Christianity encourage the judging of others?

Why is this not Christian, haven't you read about Jesus and what he said to the pharisees. Jesus judged many people some were righteous and some were not, are you worried?

My Christianity says if you do not believe that Jesus is the Lord and savior and he died and rose again for you then you will suffer eternal hell. Do you believe those things? Now for the record you have been told that many times by me if you choose to believe that you are just going to be ashes and nothing more after your life is over there is nothing I can do for you. Sometimes reality can make its own point, have you ever heard of scared straight? Also I did say that a little tongue in cheek, we Christians are great comedians too!! :wasted

Did you just compare yourself to Jesus? Wowza.

• Fire 1

But my question is; what kind of reward can you be expecting to receive at the end of your life and exactly who is going to bestow that reward?

I expect to receive my rewards during my life, not after I'm underground. The whole idea of an afterlife is seems bizarre and a little sad to me.

I guess we will all find out someday. There have been numerous accounts of people who have died, been brought back to life, and said that while they were dead they saw a bright white light. If you have never heard them, you should do a quick search. It really is an amazing thing. Of course, cynical non-believers will attribute the white light to chemcals being released as the brain shuts down. As we've all seen on this board, non-believers find any reason they can to dismiss things like that and attribute it to "science."

I love how you continue to berate people who don't think like you. If somebody tries to attribute something to science, they're a "cynical non-believer'. If you have no problem calling others by that name, then I guess you have no problem being dubbed a 'blind religious fool'. Would I be right in this conclusion?

You would be right if he called someone a cynical non believer fool.

Like others on this boards, I've seen scientific evidence showing why people see some sort of white light after they die. It's been scientifically proven that terminally ill people may have a huge spike in brainwave activity before they die, resulting in the brain experiencing a cascade of information overload just before death.

I assume you have no problem with doctors knowing how to complete open-heart surgery, but the second doctors begin to test strange bodily phenomena, you cry blasphemy and insinuate they don't know what they're talking about.

I am not sure he said that and just because you can explain the white light scientifically does not mean that they do not have a soul. Maybe that is the beginning of the journey, and also many people explain that they see their body and people around them after they have been pronounced dead, not just a white light. Those people that are brought back have only a glimpse of what the afterlife is how could they possibly know all the details that are involved in the journey. :dunno

No, I did not, those are your words not mine, but I did say he judged the pharisees and we are to emulate him are we not. And what is with your moral ourtrage over a man you don't even believe in, kinda pathetic to try and use Jesus now just to try and make points!! :(

No, I did not, those are your words not mine, but I did say he judged the pharisees and we are to emulate him are we not. And what is with your moral ourtrage over a man you don't even believe in, kinda pathetic to try and use Jesus now just to try and make points!! :(

I wondered why you, as a Christian, would feel comfortable judging others. You mentioned that that should not seem strange because Jesus judged the pharisees.

Who said I don't believe in Jesus? In fact, I'd be willing to bet that I can more accurately recite Bible stories than you can. I mean . . . you did think that the Bible said that Adam and Eve weren't the source of all people on Earth.

Carlfense Quote:

I wondered why you, as a Christian, would feel comfortable judging others. You mentioned that that should not seem strange because Jesus judged the pharisees.

And I am not judging you I am stating fact as I see them as a Christian. Do you believe Jesus is the son of God or don't you? :dunno

Simple question, easy to answer - watch I'll go first YES! See how easy that is now your turn.

I thought you were an atheist? So can the devil, that doesn't make him a follower of Christ does it?!!!?!? :dunno

I'm more of an agnostic/don't really care.

You said that I don't believe in Jesus. You are wrong.

I believe that a man named Jesus lived roughly 2000 years ago. I believe that he was a good man and that his teachings provide very valuable guidelines for our daily lives. I don't believe that he rose from the dead. I don't believe that he died for my sins. Etc.

Carlfense Quote:

And I am not judging you I am stating fact as I see them as a Christian. Do you believe Jesus is the son of God or don't you? :dunno

Simple question, easy to answer - watch I'll go first YES! See how easy that is now your turn.

No I do not.

And, yes. You were absolutely judging me when you said "awful cocky for someone who is going to fry."

Again, you're either the most successful troll ever or really, REALLY, bad at this.

Carlfense Quote:

No I do not.

And, yes. You were absolutely judging me when you said "awful cocky for someone who is going to fry."

Again, you're either the most successful troll ever or really, REALLY, bad at this.

That is just an accurate statement based on the answer you gave sorry if I hurt your feelings!! And again that was done tongue in cheek, WOW, you libs who laugh at Maher calling Palin a C**t really don't take jokes well. Especially if you don't believe you are going to fry!! See now you are judging me calling me a troll, you hurt my feelings and that should go against your liberal tendencies to make everyone happy!! I am not sure you are allowed to do that,.. oh wait you are liberal saying nasty comments to a conservative.. I forgot carry on, your friends will be on later to rationalize your reasons for being allowed to insult me. I can't wait for the rest of the gang to get on here and put in their snide remarks. chuckleshuffle

I thought you were an atheist? So can the devil, that doesn't make him a follower of Christ does it?!!!?!? :dunno

I'm more of an agnostic/don't really care.

You said that I don't believe in Jesus. You are wrong.

I believe that a man named Jesus lived roughly 2000 years ago. I believe that he was a good man and that his teachings provide very valuable guidelines for our daily lives. I don't believe that he rose from the dead. I don't believe that he died for my sins. Etc.

I didn't say you don't believe in Jesus I asked if you do! A question that can have many answers!! :hmmph

I didn't say you don't believe in Jesus I asked if you do! A question that can have many answers!! :hmmph

Actually, you did say that I don't believe in Jesus. That was only 43 minutes earlier. Yikes. Keep it up. You're doing great!

And what is with your moral ourtrage over a man you don't even believe in, kinda pathetic to try and use Jesus now just to try and make points!! :(

How is saying that someone is a "cynical non-believer" berating others? It's a very accurate description of a lot of guys on this board apparently.

"blind religious fool" is completely different and on a different level. The equivalent name that I could call you would be somewhere along the lines of "devil worshipper." You people will take anything that I say and skew it to a completely different meaning, so I don't know why I waste my time. If you want to give up eternal life or not believe the things that the Bible says because "there's no way some guy came to earth and did a bunch of magic tricks like that" or whatever jib-jab that you guys like to say, then I guess I have no choice but to not care.

I take offense to being called a cynical non-believer. Just because I don't sit inside your clown car of lies doesn't mean that I don't believe in a God, it just means I don't believe in your version of God. I know what you mean by "cynical non-believer" - you're implying that we're all halfwit morons who should accept your meaning of faith because it's obviously the best explanation of the world around us. Bull sh#t.

Don't hide behind a "I mean something completely different!" curtain when somebody contradicts you. You clearly believe the "white light" just before death has something do with the Christian God, yet entirely dismiss the notion that it could be science related and simply part of something that happens when we inevitably die. And how do you do this? By casting a "you're a cynical non-believer!" blanket over those who have the nerve to contradict your religious blather. Again, it's bull sh#t.

And, lastly, don't sit there and say you don't care. There's 9 pages of your blather that showcase you do care - care enough to tell everybody they're wrong because you have faith in something. Believe what you want, but don't insinuate others are idiots simply because they don't think like you do. Don't try and say that's not what you meant, either - if you wanted to be less direct and more open about your beliefs, you would be. Every time you post something, however, you directly ignore the counter-argument. I've been open to your interpretations this entire time, despite my disagreement with them. That doesn't mean I think you're wrong, and I'm right, it just means I don't have all the answers. You sure as hell don't, either.