The Religious Discussion of 2012

4,597 posts. I suppose we can agree that is a long ways.

You have a nice day as well. :thumbs

I would appreciate links to my lies. I can provide them for your own.

Anyways. No worries. To sin is human, to forgive divine.

I would appreciate the link to where I claimed you lied. BTW- Being dishonest does not necessarily constitute lying. I was claiming you are dishonest most of the time not that you necessarily are lying. This very post right here is just more evidence of your dishonesty. Conversely, you accused me of lying but where is the proof? See the bold? Better make it a good one or I will have difinitive proof of a lie you told. Sorry but your usual out of context, partial quotes with added spin aren't going to cut it. Show me the lie.

And you can drop the sin and forgiveness BS. When you actually believe in sin and divinity, then I may choose to consider what you have to say about them but I wouldn't count on it.

Conversely, you accused me of lying but where is the proof?

Sure thing.

lie (noun) 1. A false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.

I said: (Note, this is my entire statement about global warming.)

How do you feel about the near scientific consensus on global warming?

You said:

[Y]ou are the only one in this discussion who has tried to claim consensus makes global warming a fact . . .

As noted, my only reference to global warming was asking you how you felt about the scientific consensus. I said nothing about a consensus making it a fact.

You lied and said that I did make that claim. See how easy that is? Your turn.

Forgiveness transcends religion. I forgive you for lying about my statements.

Gentlemen. We are getting into a realm of discussion that is best left for the Woodshed. Please agree to disagree and let's not worry about who lied to whom, or whatever the term is we're using here.

Disagreements are going to happen in this forum. Let's not get out of hand.

Have a Bandit day.

That's cool and all, but wouldn't it get boring after a while? I mean, eternity is a long time.

I just don't think that you, or I, or anyone really has a firm grasp of what heaven is like, but I doubt it would ever get boring...

I mean, eternity is a long time. Long, long time.

Science doesn't disprove one thing about God or creation. It is virtually pointless to argue these matters with those who do not believe in God or are unwilling to honestly consider the possibility. God created science. God created every shred of evidence we have to go on. I can't help but feel somewhat sorry for people who actually think we arrived where we are today by some random series of mathmatically improbable events that placed the earth the correct distance from the sun, gave us water, habitable temperatures, etc. If a person can come to the conclusion that this is not the result of intelligent design, especially persons who claim to know so much about science, odds, math, etc. I'm pretty sure there is not much that can be done about that. Not because the logical evidence is not there but because some people simply don't want to acknowledge the truth for a variety of reasons.

The only problem with your statement is that an early Mars was an Earth like planet. It is also the correct distance to support life. We are finding more Earth like planets the more we look.

I don't think your Mars example or evidence of other planets "like" earth cause any problems with my statement. Unless you have some news of intelligent life residing on any of these other planets. Using your examples only causes me to wonder why that early Mars did not develope life like earth or why we have not discovered that phenomenon anywhere else. Maybe I'm being a little impatient in the grand scheme of things but it isn't like we haven't been trying to find it. And, intelligent life on another planet, in another solar system, whatever, would not be any evidence to change my mind. If I had the power God has, I would probably be trying out some different models in other locations.

This is what kind of "gets" me about this whole deal. I have no doubts whatsoever about the limits of what God is capable of. I don't believe there are any limits. Some people who don't believe in God can take the simplest scientific evidence and claim it refutes the existence of God and/or nullifies biblical passages. Whereas I have no problems (at least so far) reconciling this human discovered scientific evidence with either being some remnant of God's actions or possibly even misinformation presented to see how we react to it. I really can't even imagine what kind of information could be presented to cause me to change my mind. It's not that I am not willing to consider other points of view. But, so far, those views have not been able to satisfactorily convince me.

Who says Mars never did develop intelligent life? they may have died out as the atomsphere change and it's not exactly like we can go there and start digging around to where we find skeletal remains. There may be intelligent life but may be less developed than we are or in the same spot to where we really can't explore space in spaceships like Star Trek. You can call me wacko or whatever but i do believe that we are being watched by aliens. There are too many people seeing spaceships and aircraft behavior that we can't explain and technologically can't do. I know things can be faked and whatnot but i don't believe there are that many people doing that stuff.

Wait a minute do youbelieve in God? :dunno

That's cool and all, but wouldn't it get boring after a while? I mean, eternity is a long time.

I just don't think that you, or I, or anyone really has a firm grasp of what heaven is like, but I doubt it would ever get boring...

Something you also have to realize is that time is a worldly thing, and heaven most likely doesn't have "time" as we know it.

Gentlemen. We are getting into a realm of discussion that is best left for the Woodshed. Please agree to disagree and let's not worry about who lied to whom, or whatever the term is we're using here.

Have a Bandit day.

Or do so that this thread can get shut down like it should've when March began

Something you also have to realize is that time is a worldly thing, and heaven most likely doesn't have "time" as we know it.

Ah yes. Like sands through the hour glass, so are the days of our lives.

Have a Bandit day.

Why should we shut the thread down?

I changed the title. Now we have ten more months to talk about this before it gets stale again.

• Fire 1

Have a Bandit day.

Why should we shut the thread down?

I changed the title. Now we have ten more months to talk about this before it gets stale again.

HAHA! I hate you. jk