The Spring Game on April 14th...

Saunders

Maybe they didn't show it last year because NU wasn't formally in the Big Ten at the time?

They asked us, and TO and Bo said "No thank you." They then gave some BS about "keeping secrets" and whatnot, but they sold DVD copies, so that wasn't it. I know ESPNU had approached us a couple times in the past as well, and they said no. I hope the BTN forces it.

IIRC, we weren't a member of the Big 10 conference until July 1, 2011? While the football program was preparing for a new season in the Big 10, we were still stuck in the Big XII.

Could this have been a rights and permissions issue, with the Big 10 needing a blessing from the Big XII to proceed (even though Nebraska owned the rights to the spring game)? If there were any Big XII blessings required, the chances of that happening were slim to none, and slim likely was bound and gagged in an Austin-area University's janitorial closet...

Maybe they didn't show it last year because NU wasn't formally in the Big Ten at the time?

They asked us, and TO and Bo said "No thank you." They then gave some BS about "keeping secrets" and whatnot, but they sold DVD copies, so that wasn't it. I know ESPNU had approached us a couple times in the past as well, and they said no. I hope the BTN forces it.

IIRC, we weren't a member of the Big 10 conference until July 1, 2011? While the football program was preparing for a new season in the Big 10, we were still stuck in the Big XII.

Could this have been a rights and permissions issue, with the Big 10 needing a blessing from the Big XII to proceed (even though Nebraska owned the rights to the spring game)? If there were any Big XII blessings required, the chances of that happening were slim to none, and slim likely was bound and gagged in an Austin-area University's janitorial closet...

I'll look to see if I can find it, but TO came out and said that everything was A-ok regarding our spring game being televised, but that they didn't want to give other teams an advantange with game film, which was total BS.

Found it:

Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne said Monday that Nebraska rejected the Big Ten Network's recent overture to televise the April 16 Red-White Spring Game "probably because we think it would affect our attendance. And if you're doing a lot of different things offensively or defensively, you don't necessarily want to put it out there where somebody could make a copy of it and work on you over the summer."

http://my.journalsta...white_game.html

The single greatest influence on Spring Game attendance is whether or not we win the bowl game. If we lose, attendance will be down because people are generally in a funk or just down on the program. If we win everyone is happy and in the mood to party.

I think the vast majority of people realize it's just a glorified scrimmage, and an excuse to get out in the sun after a long winter and have a party. People just don't feel like partying when the mood around the program is down.

The single greatest influence on Spring Game attendance is whether or not we win the bowl game. If we lose, attendance will be down because people are generally in a funk or just down on the program. If we win everyone is happy and in the mood to party.

I think the vast majority of people realize it's just a glorified scrimmage, and an excuse to get out in the sun after a long winter and have a party. People just don't feel like partying when the mood around the program is down.

Last year shouldn't have anything to do with it. It's a fresh start. By all means, party!

I'll look to see if I can find it, but TO came out and said that everything was A-ok regarding our spring game being televised, but that they didn't want to give other teams an advantange with game film, which was total BS.

Found it:

Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne said Monday that Nebraska rejected the Big Ten Network's recent overture to televise the April 16 Red-White Spring Game "probably because we think it would affect our attendance. And if you're doing a lot of different things offensively or defensively, you don't necessarily want to put it out there where somebody could make a copy of it and work on you over the summer."

God forbid opposing defenses have to learn a QB number other than '3' that they'd never see anyway. That's just rude ;)

If I lived in Lincoln, or within an hour, I would be there in a heartbeat. Sadly, I'm stuck in Mizzery.... :hmmph

For those living anywhere somewhat close to Lincoln it's a no-brainer to attend. It's cheap and fun. Those over 200 or so miles away...well......it's your addiction level that sways the judgement.

For the hard-core, just a scrimmage or not.........

If I lived in Lincoln, or within an hour, I would be there in a heartbeat. Sadly, I'm stuck in Mizzery.... :hmmph

For those living anywhere somewhat close to Lincoln it's a no-brainer to attend. It's cheap and fun. Those over 200 or so miles away...well......it's your addiction level that sways the judgement.

For the hard-core, just a scrimmage or not.........

Well I am still debating whether or not I want to call up a couple of friends and have them meet me in Lincoln. The problem is that I am a college student, so a gas expense, as well as the ticket may not be in the budget, unfortunately. Hopefully the game is on BTN so I will be able to watch it anyways.

Found it:

Good find. Thanks for setting me straight. :)