Pelini tweaking recruiting approach

yeah, sounds more like a psychology/sociology type of approach. i could also see them coaching the coaches on their body language and other characteristics the recruits and their family might pick up on. just another tool the coaches can utilize.

While I applaud Bo on using all available tools......................I have to chuckle at the idea of Bo allowing some Ph.D type to coach him on "body language"........................

I recall a few instances where his body language was fairly obvious and I'll bet a few zebras do as well................

His gametime demeanor is improving. Have you read all of the comments that recruits have to say about Bo upon meeting him?

Trust me.............this was not a knock on Bo.............it was just ironic the juxtaposition of "Body Language" and Bo in the same sentence that is humorus..................

Aha, I get what you are saying now. I will admit that I thought the exact same thing as well.

I'm glad that this staff is addressing this problem. I wonder if Bo even consulted T.O. about this issue.

i wouldn't call this "addressing a problem". more like identifying an area we can work harder and smarter at than other programs to gain an advantage (by recruiting high character/effort kids). we had already been focusing on recruiting the right kind of kids under pelini and this is just an effort to make it more effective. it is an excellent idea and i would fully expect osborne was at least consulted on this. i wouldn't be surprised to learn it was his idea, for that matter.

as a program with a severe recruiting disadvantage to overcome, this is exactly the type of thing we should be focusing on. getting a higher percentage of kids with the right mental make up will help to ensure we have fewer busts and a more focused team.

of course, i fully expect we'll see other programs copy this innovation in the not too distant future. how many coaches can be disciplined enough to pass on a talented kid with questionable character though? for that matter, how many coaches (or fans) even care about character and just think talent at all cost will win out?

Bo has his visible philosiphies and playing style established. He's been here for 4 full seasons now, and is now halfway through his 5th offseason. Something like this does not shock me at all. Even before the "mission" article, I was expecting to see quite a bit of "tweaking" of his not-so-visible coaching procedures. I say this falls under that category.

Bo has his visible philosiphies and playing style established. He's been here for 4 full seasons now, and is now halfway through his 5th offseason. Something like this does not shock me at all. Even before the "mission" article, I was expecting to see quite a bit of "tweaking" of his not-so-visible coaching procedures. I say this falls under that category.

Agreed.