Fire BC - It's Up to Us

i expected to lose some games, but blown out by the worst offense in the country needs a damn good explanation! i just don't think there is one......why are we going backwards now, even on defense? i am willing to hear all reasonable explanations........

hunter

Great explanation: HE doesnt have HIS players, and the PLAYERS dont buy into the system, they are a bunch of quitters and ingrates :sarcasm

:bang

This could possibly be the lowest point of NU football ever......

To slip from 10-3 to 5-6 last season, and on the verge of 5-6 again !!

I can't explain it or can't even remotely try to figure out how to change it, but it pains me to say that firing BC is NOT the answer... if we make a major change now, it would send us into a non-stop tail-spin for MANY years. In fact, a coaching change may be a death sentence for a once proud university.

Like I have said on other threads, no coach worth a crap will even look at this job, if BC is shown the door after 2 years...

I am just a pissed as the rest of you guys, maybe more so, but as much as I dislike BC right now, it hurts to say.... we can't fire him YET !

:bang

This could possibly be the lowest point of NU football ever......

To slip from 10-3 to 5-6 last season, and on the verge of 5-6 again !!

I can't explain it or can't even remotely try to figure out how to change it, but it pains me to say that firing BC is NOT the answer... if we make a major change now, it would send us into a non-stop tail-spin for MANY years.  In fact, a coaching change may be a death sentence for a once proud university.

Like I have said on other threads, no coach worth a crap will even look at this job, if BC is shown the door after 2 years...

I am just a pissed as the rest of you guys, maybe more so, but as much as I dislike BC right now, it hurts to say.... we can't fire him YET !

Agree, but how long are they gonna let billy c take the program into a tailspin, and once he has wreaked his havoc, can NU ever recover (see: Raiders)?????

There are not many Bob Stoops' out there to clean up this mess.

Ya'll need to quit comparing him to Devaney. billy c is the worst NU HC since Jennings.

Really sad thing: Mangino called his shot before the game, and destroyed billy c. So much for not giving the conference up to UT and OU, what about KU???? :wtf

In the past, I have supported BC's right to time, but to lose that bad to Kansas is absolutely inexcusable. I was on the fence before, but no more. I realized he may have some struggles, but this is rediculous. No NU coach can lose to Kansas this bad, and still keep my support. Later, bye, chow, however you wish to put it. This is truly a sad moment for Husker Nation.

:bounce

I just wish all of you guys would just keep your negative opinions to yourself :sarcasm

Because the more I hear...... I am almost changing my mind and jumping on the fire BC bandwagon

:horns2 I must stay strong though...... As much as it sucks, give him one more year..... Then you can justify the firing, and maybe a good coach will look at the job

Unless your pockets are fat you voice doesn't matter. I hate to say that but I think that is the way major college sports are. Internet message boards have NO pull what so ever. It will take more then people on this site to have this stuff happen. As $Bill stated it is the boosters of substance that matter not the average fan. That is how it is done.

I also don't think there would be a coach worth a crap that would take this job right now. Only giving a guy two years isn't going to cut it anymore. We have to be like ND and Florida and give them at least 3. I do think there will be some shake-up in the staff though. I'm sure there will be a couple asst. coaches shown the door.

:yeah

Like you said in another thread, rarely do we see eye to eye. However, this is another occasion where we do. The Board of Regents and the Boosters have the say in this, NOT US. I'm sure they are talking now about damage control, but hey we got EXACTLY WHAT WE ASKED FOR!!!!!!!!!!

Combine this with the fact that we'd have to buy out BC's contract, friggin ND just gave Wiess (sp) right at 4 million a year. There's just no way NU can compete with that. You're also right that there is no way in hell a good coach would come here. However, I'm thinking that after FS was fired there was no way in hell a good coach would come here. I'm thinking we've already got what we'd get next time: A WASHED UP NFL REJECT!!!!!!!!!!

I know I'm a bit more harsh than you, but I do agree with everything you stated. I'm just wondering which assistants you think will be shown the door? The naysayers were all saying at the beginning of the year that the D was overranked. Surprisingly, this NU D is proving the naysayers right. I'm just wondering if you're thinking Cosgrove, the OL coach, or who you think might possibly be shown the door? Considering I see problems clear across the board, I'm having trouble singling out one or two assistants without getting red in the eye and saying all of them. I guess I would call out the OL coach. However, wasn't BC once a OL coach? Why hasn't he stepped in? Way too many questions after todays debacle. I would be interested in your take on which assistants. Forgive my rambling and my ranting and raving, I'm just beside myself!

I've thought BC should be fired from the second he was hired. He and his staff have a history of non-success. He has not only proven to be a poor coach, imo he is of very poor (un-Nebraskan like) character too!

Die-hard Husker coaches (Gill, Kiffin, Sanders) or coaches with true confidence/something to prove (Pelini, Joe Glenn?) would be happy to take the job. If Pedey was gone, coaches interest would go up too.

A good coach gets the most out of his players. It is arguable that BC gets less out of his players than any coach in the country.

1. Led a team to the WORST record in NFL history after appearing in the Superbowl the previous year

2. Led a team to their WORST record in 41 years (1962)

3. Led another team to their WORST record in 42 years

4. Led a team to their WORST loss in the 115 year school history

5. Led a team to their first LOSING season in 42 years

6. His team FAILED to make a bowl game for the first time in 36 years

7. Led an 11-5 team to 4-12.

8. Led a 10-3 team to 5-6. That is 1/2 as good as the fired coach he replaced.

9. Led NU to their first loss to KU in 36 years (second longest streak in the country).

Like you said in another thread, rarely do we see eye to eye. However, this is another occasion where we do. The Board of Regents and the Boosters have the say in this, NOT US. I'm sure they are talking now about damage control, but hey we got EXACTLY WHAT WE ASKED FOR!!!!!!!!!!

:dis

If the sellout streak ends, I guarantee your voice will be heard :thumbs

The rest of what you say is true, however!