2012 Forecast

'SkersRule

However, in my opinion at least, the collective talent and potential of the WR corps has taken a real step up last year and this coming year, and we will not be able to use the WR's as an excuse very much longer. I have a feeling it will be on Taylor this year. The proof will be in the pudding-- if our offense still cannot pass effectively this year, I've got a strong intuition it is because Taylor just will never be able to pass well, not anything else.

As long as wide receiver's continue to drop multiple passes, it's a completely valid argument. When receivers start making all or most of the catches thrown their way, we can distance ourselves from it. I'm not defending Martinez, or insinuating he's significantly better than what he's shown, but until the drops stop we can't simply sweep the issue under the rug.

Once the timing of the offense is better, everyone will look better. 3 step drop, get the ball out, 5 step and get the ball out. Taylors footwork needs to improve. Also his ability to read and recognize defenses could use some help. It will help him understand have an idea of where he is going to go with the ball before he even snaps it. This is stuff that can all be fixed and it's not unreasonable to think in only his junior year, he could finally see the light. Receivers understanding the timing of their routes, how deep to run, when to cut, when to expect the ball, where to expect the ball. Knowing when you make your turn on a curl, the ball will already be zipping towards your open hands. That's all good stuff, and doesn't just happen overnight. Sure is an exciting group of WR's to think about though if the timing develops. Enunwa is a great one, and Kenny Bell is living up to everything I thought he could be. Jamal looked darn good out there when he was out there. I won't ever understand how Kinnie, who had the most experience of the group with Taylor, had the worst case of the drops. Matter of fact, as much as people want to blame the entire corps of wideouts for all these drops. I think most of them were attributed to one guy. Unfortunately that was BK. I really liked him too, but boy it sure wasn't a good year for him.

I want to add though, so I don't sound too on board the TM train. It's hard for any WR to catch a lame duck too. That throwing motion is ugly and it can't be easy for the WR's to judge the ball with that release.

• Fire 1
  • 2 months later...

Southern Miss...Win

@ UCLA...Win

Arkansas St...Win

Idaho St...Win

Wisconsin...Toss up. We played better in Lincoln, and I hope you can't catch lightning in a bottle 2 years in a row with transfer QBs

@ Ohio St...Loss - Urban will coach circles around Bo, especially if he brings his mobile QB offense.

@ Northwestern...Win

Michigan...Toss up,

@ Michigan St...Win - They lost a lot of players, but its at their place

Penn St...Win

Minnesota...Win

@ Iowa...Win

Throw in the random "How did we lose to that team" somewhere around 10-2 to 8-4 depending on the toss ups