Baseball RPI

After the win against Kansas State we are 37th in RPI. Here is the list of the B1G teams from the RPI ratings.

9. Purdue

37. Nebraska

57. Ohio State

70. Illinois

89. Michigan State

168. Indiana

183. Minnesota

191. Penn State

211. Iowa

240. Michigan

256. Northwestern

It's pretty sad for the teams that are over 200 but it's not too bad seeing 5 teams under 100 even thoght that will probably change when conference games start.

Also, California is 113 with a 9-2 record which means they havn't really played anybody so we should give them a run for their money at home especially if we have another 4000+ crowd. This series could really tell us how good the huskers are.

Seeing Purdue so high made me take a look at their opponents' schedules. I know longer think as highly of them as I did before. The only good team they played, Maryland, beat them 11-1. After looking at UCONN, Cinci and Notre Dame's schedules... those are not great wins. Purdue is decent, you don't go 8-1 without some talent, but they are most definitely beatable by an average team - which NU seems to be and is improving.

Seeing Purdue so high made me take a look at their opponents' schedules. I know longer think as highly of them as I did before. The only good team they played, Maryland, beat them 11-1. After looking at UCONN, Cinci and Notre Dame's schedules... those are not great wins. Purdue is decent, you don't go 8-1 without some talent, but they are most definitely beatable by an average team - which NU seems to be and is improving.

Purdue is better than you are apparently giving them credit for. ECU and WCU are better than the majority of the Big Ten year in and year out. ECU is a really solid win and WCU is a pretty good one also. Purdue was and still is ahead of us in the Big Ten.. We are growing as a team, but still not where we need to be yet.

Also, where are you pulling the RPI #s from?

*edit*

One other thing... Zaga is playing solid ball right now, but their RPI will take a big hit as they go into conference play as ours will also. Cal is going to have to be competitive in the Pac 12 to help our RPI.

Purdue is better than you are apparently giving them credit for. ECU and WCU are better than the majority of the Big Ten year in and year out. ECU is a really solid win and WCU is a pretty good one also. Purdue was and still is ahead of us in the Big Ten.. We are growing as a team, but still not where we need to be yet.

*edit*

One other thing... Zaga is playing solid ball right now, but their RPI will take a big hit as they go into conference play as ours will also. Cal is going to have to be competitive in the Pac 12 to help our RPI.

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2012/rpi

This morning i checked the list against and after the games last night apparently they had a some affect on some teams.

9. Purdue

36. Nebraska

51. Ohio State

72. Illinois

82. Michigan State

179. Minnesota

181. Indiana

182. Penn State

219. Iowa

242. Michigan

259. Northwestern

*edit*

I said they're good. Just not as good as I had originally thought. They aren't like some of the Texas or aTm teams NU had to play in the Big 12, which is to say if you are an average or slightly above average team (like NU, as I said) you have a chance to beat them.

*edit*

I said they're good. Just not as good as I had originally thought. They aren't like some of the Texas or aTm teams NU had to play in the Big 12, which is to say if you are an average or slightly above average team (like NU, as I said) you have a chance to beat them.

Fair enough. If you had them on that level then I would agree, they definitely aren't THAT good. Nobody we will play all year is on that level (although UT is not playing well at all, so sad to see........). We definitely can compete with Purdue, I don't doubt that at all.

And playa, I usually look at boyd's site to see the RPI info and I noticed it didn't match. Figured you probably got them from warrennolan, but I never went and looked there. The RPI numbers so far are just "educated guesses" because the NCAA doesn't release those numbers until later in the year, I believe. warrennolan is definitely not the eyesore that boyd's site is, I've just always liked boyd's stuff.

After going 2-2 agaisnt Cal and aftser Gonzaga goin 0-3 this weekend...

4. Purdue

44. Nebraska

82. Illinois

94. Michigan St

109. Ohio St

177. Penn St

194. Minnesota

200. Indiana

217. Iowa

234. Michigan

269. Northwestern

This isn't looking very good anymore..hopefully some teams can start getting some wins.

Louisiana Tech is 143, about where Cal was before the series started so they might be near tough but doubt they have the bats Cal does so we should go 3-1 against them.