"We just need more talent..."

Heard that one before? Or at least something similar? I hope by now everyone is waking up that Cally's a fraud. While Solich's recruiting classes weren't the best, they were darn sure good enough to win 75% of his games.

I'm not crying over spilled milk - what's done is done. But...it sure gives some perspective to look at what these clowns at Nebraska have done since letting Solich go. Let's look at a timeline:

11/03 - Solich unceremoniously fired after a 9-3 campaign. Pelini takes Nebraska to Alamo Bowl, where NU mows over Michigan State big time.

- Pelini gets jerked around in the "interview" process

- Pedy tries to hire Wanndstet (another LOSER)

- Pedy tries to hire Houston Nutt (another LOSER)

- Pedy tries to hire Dallas defensive coordinator, and Zimmer realizes Pedy's a jerk.

- Cally gets fired by Oakland after a complete melt-down, and Pedy pees all over himself to hire him. Cally hired under much pomp and circumstance.

- Cally says he "wants to win now", and that "rebuilding" isn't acceptable

- Cally's bunch gets their a**es kicked around all last season, including a complete melt-down in Lubbock.

- Cally says "we need better players"

- Cally has cupcake schedule this year, but barely gets by the first 3 patsies. Only comfy win over a patsy was the Maine Blackbears.

- NU looks promising (sort of) against Tech. "Moral victory" yippee!!

- NU pretty much gets smoked by OU - score not indicative of game.

- Cally does the "throat slash" and embarrasses the university further.

- NU gets smoked by KU, the WORST team in all of the Big 12.

Sorry guys, Cally's a loser, and there ain't no turn'n it around as long as he's here. A good high school head coach could come in with this talent and win more games.

Keep the faith.

:dis  :dis  :dis  :dis  :dis  :dis  :dis  :dis  :dis  :dis

Is anyone watching the USC game????

They have TRUE FRESHMAN that can CATCH THE BALL.

You can't teach TALENT.  You can try to develop it, but it takes time.  Like it or not.

Patience Huskers

GO BIG RED

So Lucky isn't talented????? BC sure doesn't seem to get him on the field too much.

That's not what I said. I said it takes time to develop.

Not to mention. Let's switch ML with Bush and see how well bush can (not) run behind this OL.

ML would look great at USC because their OL will open a hole and let ML use his talent and speed.

It makes a difference if you are turning on the speed in the other teams secondary instead of our own.

You can't teach TALENT.  You can try to develop it, but it takes time.  Like it or not.

Patience Huskers

GO BIG RED

So Lucky isn't talented????? BC sure doesn't seem to get him on the field too much.

Not to mention. Let's switch ML with Bush and see how well bush can (not) run behind this OL.

ML would look great at USC because their OL will open a hole and let ML use his talent and speed.

It makes a difference if you are turning on the speed in the other teams secondary instead of our own.

No,no,no. There is talent on the field just none on the coaching staff. Patience??? For another no-improvement season? Get real.

:dis:dis:dis:dis:dis:dis:dis:dis:dis:dis

You can't teach TALENT. You can try to develop it, but it takes time. Like it or not.

Patience Huskers

GO BIG RED

Ha! Where is our freshman wr's then? Cally had this great class blah blah that was gonna come in and kick butt. Heck texas,usc,notre dame, etc have frosh kicking butt. We have little to none doing anything.

Patience Huskers

GO BIG RED

Just wait until the year after next if you're wondering what Lucky can do behind USC's OL. I think after this season, he's as good as gone! I'll give you two guesses as to where he goes, and the first one doesn't count!

if Lucky does move on nextt year and goes to USC or UCLA and has a great season, then cally should be fired instantly.......maybe it is time for the fans to boycott the goddamn games, if that is what it takes to get cally and ped's ass run off! true, it would hurt the program, but drastic measures just might be needed to turn this thing around.....i have slept on this loss all night and i feel worse this morning...this sucks! i hope they roast callys ass monday!!!!!!!! :steam:steam :

hunter

Just wait until the year after next if you're wondering what Lucky can do behind USC's OL. I think after this season, he's as good as gone! I'll give you two guesses as to where he goes, and the first one doesn't count!

That's just STUPID. Why would he leave? Are we gonna in turn get all the transfers from Iowa and Tennessee? He would not do anything behind USC's line next year because he'd be sitting out.

maybe not.......i would say a lot depends on the internal attitude of this team and their realtionship to the coaches.....we have no idea what is going on "inside this team", but from the outside looking in, anything is possible.....get over it, there may indeed be mass defections........i hope not, but i could understand it if it happens......

hunter

if Lucky does move on nextt year and goes to USC or UCLA and has a great season, then cally should be fired instantly.......maybe it is time for the fans to boycott the goddamn games, if that is what it takes to get cally and ped's ass run off! true, it would hurt the program, but drastic measures just might be needed to turn this thing around.....i have slept on this loss all night and i feel worse this morning...this sucks! i hope they roast callys ass monday!!!!!!!! :steam:steam :

hunter

Are you kidding me, I think I could run for some yards behind USC's line. Look against WSU, WSU totally took bush out of the game, yet USC still sdestroyed them. If it's not Bush, it's White, or the WR ( I can't erecall his name eeven though he lkeads the nation in TD receptions) or Leinert. That team is stacked. Of course Lucky would look great if he was playuing for USC. He wouldn't have to avoid tackles as he takes the handoff. Wake up people our OL sucks. Without an OL we could have Manning at QB with Harrison at WR and Tomlinson at RB and they wouldn't do anything. Is their a more important unit than an OL?

Posted in another forum:

The year before Leach took over at Texas Tech, the Raiders passed for about 175 ypg and completed 48% of their passes. In Leach's 1st season, before "his players" could be brought in, Tech averaged almost 300 ypg and completed 60% of their passes. If the WCO requires 4 years and a perfect player at every position, than the offense is worth nothing. If Leach could do it in one season with no recruiting classes, why should we give Callahan 5 years?

:yeah