Fan From Alabama - FIRE CALLAHAN!

For the most part i've supported Callahan, but I've got to admit, I'm turing on him real fast. I'm now somewhere in the middle. If there was a great coach somewhere that I knew for a fact that we could get then i'd probably want Cally gone, but I don't think that's the case. It seems like the coaching has gotten progressively worse as the season has gone on and that is absolutely ridiculous.

People are losing jobs, gas prices were at a record high earlier this year and the economy is trying to recover from 2 Hurricanes. Clearly somoene like Eppley who graduated with a business degree should know that people don't spend money when you don't have money.

The only reason he's bitching is because they haven't raised 50 million in 1 year. I would love to see a school like Texas or Texas A&M raise that kinda money in a year. If fans had donated and they raised 50 million and then some, would he have come out and said "oh yeah, we got 56 million dollars, so we are goingto give 6 million back because we got our 50 million?" Doubtful

***SNIP***

"Quite frankly, I'm a little disappointed in the fans," said Epley, the NU associate athletic director. "I really expected, when we asked for help with this project, that we would raise the $50 million right away, and maybe even more than that."

***SNIP***

Let's hope that this is either:

1. About what should be expected for a project of this magnitude; or,

2. A result of the economy, the recent natural disasters, and similar matters.

Why?

Well, for one thing, those improvements are vital to the long-range health of the program. I would hope that NU fans that want Callahan gone would be willing to put aside any ideas of harming the funding just in an effort to force Callahan out.

I guess what I'm saying is that no matter who the coach is, or will be, fans need to provide financial support to those areas that benefit the program long-range. If fans must "speak with their wallets", let them do so in more direct ways that are more immediate, such as ticket sales or sales of Husker items. Let's not dig a hole that harms the program in the long term.

Thinking about it, I'd rather have Callahan here for five years with mediocre or worse seasons than to have the fans not support such projects in an effort to oust him. Not that I love Callahan as a coach - but because doing it would make it harder to hire a top-notch coach, harder to recruit, harder to rebuild.

A lot of teams have gone through what NU is going through. It didn't so adversly affect recruiting that they weren't able to rebound. That's because the fans recognized that top-notch facilities are a must - and recruits look at that more than the immediate record (to a lot of recruits, bad records equates to early playing time).

If someone wants Callahan gone - fine. But don't hurt the program's ability to stay competative in other areas, such as facilities. If anything, this is the time for fans to step up in that regard.

frank sucked and had to go........he was NOT the answer, but Ped's knee jerk reaction to make things better blew up in his face.....we should be grilling Ped's ass for hiring Cally, not so muchCally........i wonder how much pressure the boosters can bring to bear now? i bet Ped's goddamn phone will be hot on Monday!

hunter

Franks record wasn't to bad and he brought in the best assitants in the nation imo. We were on our way.

***SNIP***

"Quite frankly, I'm a little disappointed in the fans," said Epley, the NU associate athletic director. "I really expected, when we asked for help with this project, that we would raise the $50 million right away, and maybe even more than that."

***SNIP***

Let's hope that this is either:

1. About what should be expected for a project of this magnitude; or,

2. A result of the economy, the recent natural disasters, and similar matters.

Why?

Well, for one thing, those improvements are vital to the long-range health of the program. I would hope that NU fans that want Callahan gone would be willing to put aside any ideas of harming the funding just in an effort to force Callahan out.

I guess what I'm saying is that no matter who the coach is, or will be, fans need to provide financial support to those areas that benefit the program long-range. If fans must "speak with their wallets", let them do so in more direct ways that are more immediate, such as ticket sales or sales of Husker items. Let's not dig a hole that harms the program in the long term.

Thinking about it, I'd rather have Callahan here for five years with mediocre or worse seasons than to have the fans not support such projects in an effort to oust him. Not that I love Callahan as a coach - but because doing it would make it harder to hire a top-notch coach, harder to recruit, harder to rebuild.

A lot of teams have gone through what NU is going through. It didn't so adversly affect recruiting that they weren't able to rebound. That's because the fans recognized that top-notch facilities are a must - and recruits look at that more than the immediate record (to a lot of recruits, bad records equates to early playing time).

If someone wants Callahan gone - fine. But don't hurt the program's ability to stay competative in other areas, such as facilities. If anything, this is the time for fans to step up in that regard.

:yeah

For the most part i've supported Callahan, but I've got to admit, I'm turing on him real fast. I'm now somewhere in the middle. If there was a great coach somewhere that I knew for a fact that we could get then i'd probably want Cally gone, but I don't think that's the case. It seems like the coaching has gotten progressively worse as the season has gone on and that is absolutely ridiculous.

Ok, I know hes not doing the best job in the world, thats probably an understatement, but you cant expect to go from power option football, to the west coast offence in a few years and be successful, you need time to get players, we have Blake for that now, need time for the players that we get to get set in our offence, its not an overnight deal, I have mixed feelings twoard BC, one day I want him fired, the next day I say we give him another season and recuriting class to see if he can get the job done, right now all I want is at least 9 wins and a good bowl game, im not asking for a National Championship.

If someone wants Callahan gone - fine.  But don't hurt the program's ability to stay competative in other areas, such as facilities.  If anything, this is the time for fans to step up in that regard.

Amen.

Even fickle ND boosters kept the coffers filled during the Davieham era to open the Gug complex in South Bend. It's pretty short-sighted to undermine the program that way.

That being said...

I can't think of anything (besides a petition or letter campaign of biblical proportions) that will get the point across to the administration more than cutting off the check stream.

3 and out is probably in BC's future - unless he realizes his mistakes and acts quickly to correct them.

After Saturday, I am much closer to the middle than I was on Friday. The one shining bright spot throughout the season was the fact that the Huskers had played with heart and Saturday, they came out and gave a gutless and heartless effort. It was a gigantic step backward and if this team has any nuts, they are going to get so pissed off that they kick the crap out of KSU this weekend.

For the most part i've supported Callahan, but I've got to admit, I'm turing on him real fast.  I'm now somewhere in the middle.  If there was a great coach somewhere that I knew for a fact that we could get then i'd probably want Cally gone, but I don't think that's the case.  It seems like the coaching has gotten progressively worse as the season has gone on and that is absolutely ridiculous.

After Saturday, I am much closer to the middle than I was on Friday. The one shining bright spot throughout the season was the fact that the Huskers had played with heart and Saturday, they came out and gave a gutless and heartless effort. It was a gigantic step backward and if this team has any nuts, they are going to get so pissed off that they kick the crap out of KSU this weekend.

I just don't get it. We play with determination every week. This past week, we were a different team. What gives? This team seems to be moodier than...well..than someone who is very moody. :)