Ohio State going no-huddle

Nexus

OSU is poised to own the B1G in the next few years.

We won't surrender the Big 12....er the Big 10 to Ohio St. and Michigan!

And losing 9 scholarships over the next 3 years will hurt tOSU a bit. I hope.

They'll still be in the hunt for the B1G title, I'd bet.

Shouldn't hurt other than the idea of giving scholarships to walk-ons will be delayed for three years. Ohio State rarely used up all their scholarships.

OSU is poised to own the B1G in the next few years. They have an agressive and talented coach, who is a proven winner. I have a feeling he will not be making many friends in the B1G - he comes from the cut-throat, agressive SEC style. OSU sits in the best recruiting state above the mason-dixon line. Urban will own Ohio and agressively go after others and after a period of winning, recruits will be walking in the door. Urban just lured a coach from U of Cinti that is a great recruiter and was the former coach of Cincy Colerain HS (the Cleveland Glenville of Cincy). OSU has never had great success in Cincy and now they could have a pipeline. 2012 was a great recruiting year and 2013 is looking awesome. He will open things up offensively and take advantage of OSU athletes more so than Tressel. He will just need to watch the "thug quotient" as that is generally not B1G style compared to the SEC.

I see many incredible CCG matchups with OSU vs Neb/Mich in Indy in the next few years.

Next few years as in 2 or 3, cuz once Miller's gone, so is Urban, for some more "family time"

Yeah because he didn't just get a commitment from a 5* QB called Jalin Marshall. He was only the #5 overall recruit in the nation

5 stars dont mean nothin. Have you heard of Harrison Beck? I'll pick Urban's track record over the unproven potential of some high school kid.

OSU is poised to own the B1G in the next few years. They have an agressive and talented coach, who is a proven winner. I have a feeling he will not be making many friends in the B1G - he comes from the cut-throat, agressive SEC style. OSU sits in the best recruiting state above the mason-dixon line. Urban will own Ohio and agressively go after others and after a period of winning, recruits will be walking in the door. Urban just lured a coach from U of Cinti that is a great recruiter and was the former coach of Cincy Colerain HS (the Cleveland Glenville of Cincy). OSU has never had great success in Cincy and now they could have a pipeline. 2012 was a great recruiting year and 2013 is looking awesome. He will open things up offensively and take advantage of OSU athletes more so than Tressel. He will just need to watch the "thug quotient" as that is generally not B1G style compared to the SEC.

I see many incredible CCG matchups with OSU vs Neb/Mich in Indy in the next few years.

Next few years as in 2 or 3, cuz once Miller's gone, so is Urban, for some more "family time"

Yeah because he didn't just get a commitment from a 5* QB called Jalin Marshall. He was only the #5 overall recruit in the nation

5 stars dont mean nothin. Have you heard of Harrison Beck? I'll pick Urban's track record over the unproven potential of some high school kid.

17-6 at Bowling Green,

22-10 at Utah,

64-14 at Florida with 2 National Championships

You mention track record, yet his "track record" you're using is a one time occurrence.

17-6 at Bowling Green,

22-10 at Utah,

You mention track record, yet his "track record" you're using is a one time occurrence.

You might want to re-check your numbers for Coach Meyer's time at Utah.

To put things into a better perspective. The winning percentage over the five seasons prior to Meyer's arrival, during his tenure and the five years after his departure at each of his previous head coaching positions. The overall national rank is in parenthesis.

Bowling Green

1996-2000 (93) .34545

2001-2002 (11) .73913

2003-2007 (29) .61290

Utah

1998-2002 (46) .57895

2003-2004 (3) .91667

2005-2009 (15) .73438

Florida

2000-2004 (18) .6825

2005-2010 (4) .8125

2011-* (50) .53846

The 'post' Meyer numbers for Florida are obviously going to be a bit less useful as they only cover a single season.

17-6 at Bowling Green,

22-10 at Utah,

You might want to re-check your numbers for Coach Meyer's time at Utah.

To put things into a better perspective. The winning percentage over the five seasons prior to Meyer's arrival, during his tenure and the five years after his departure at each of his previous head coaching positions. The overall national rank is in parenthesis.

Bowling Green

1996-2000 (93) .34545

2001-2002 (11) .73913

2003-2007 (29) .61290

Utah

1998-2002 (46) .57895

2003-2004 (3) .91667

2005-2009 (15) .73438

Florida

2000-2004 (18) .6825

2005-2010 (4) .8125

2011-* (50) .53846

The 'post' Meyer numbers for Florida are obviously going to be a bit less useful as they only cover a single season.

There was no math, that was a direct pull from a site.

My mention of track record had nothing to do with wins and losses. :facepalm: His tenure at Bowling Green and Utah were easy for him. Yes easy. Fact is is that Urban Meyer is a very VERY good coach. Who on here has debated that fact? But my question is, and of which leads my whole point- how long do you Buckeye fans actually think he's going to be head of your program. I give it 3 years. The guy obviously has some sort of health issue (i think it's in the head) and holds himself to such a high standard that when things looked to get a little tough at Florida, he decided to come up with one random reason after another to take a year off, then head somewhere where talent is already in place. There's just something about him that tells me he may be a little more burned out than even he thought, and that his time at Ohio St. will be flop, IN COMPARISON TO EXPECTATIONS SET (meaning he may not win a conference or National title, not being as bad as having losing seasons.) And dont forget, he has to waste one whole year coaching his team to play for nothing.

My mention of track record had nothing to do with wins and losses. :facepalm: His tenure at Bowling Green and Utah were easy for him. Yes easy. Fact is is that Urban Meyer is a very VERY good coach. Who on here has debated that fact? But my question is, and of which leads my whole point- how long do you Buckeye fans actually think he's going to be head of your program. I give it 3 years.

How long do we believe a lifelong fan of Ohio State, a man who idolizes Woody Hayes and a coach who had an out clause added to his previous contracts to seek the head position in Columbus if it ever opened up will stay in town now that he's here?

Like just about every other coach in Ohio State's history he is probably going to stay until he gets fired.

The guy obviously has some sort of health issue (i think it's in the head) and holds himself to such a high standard that when things looked to get a little tough at Florida, he decided to come up with one random reason after another to take a year off, then head somewhere where talent is already in place.

He was suffering from esophageal spasms. The symptoms can be very hard to distinguish from those of a heart attack.

He wasn't 'coming up with random reasons', he had a legitimate fear for his life before he was properly diagnosed.

There's just something about him that tells me he may be a little more burned out than even he thought, and that his time at Ohio St. will be flop, IN COMPARISON TO EXPECTATIONS SET (meaning he may not win a conference or National title, not being as bad as having losing seasons.) And dont forget, he has to waste one whole year coaching his team to play for nothing.

Coach Meyer had short tenures at stepping stone programs and then had a personal health crisis while at Florida. There is no conspiracy here, despite how desperately some folks are hoping for one.

Prior to Alabama the longest Nick Saban had ever spent at a program was four years. He's just finished his fifth season in Tuscaloosa. Time to start the countdown clock! (And yes plenty of folks have predicted him jumping ship at various times during his tenure there).

Will Coach Meyer's tenure live up to expectations? It is very, very doubtful. The odds of winning national titles every year are vanishingly thin.

How has Coach Pelini fared in comparison to expectations set in Lincoln?

My mention of track record had nothing to do with wins and losses. :facepalm: His tenure at Bowling Green and Utah were easy for him. Yes easy. Fact is is that Urban Meyer is a very VERY good coach. Who on here has debated that fact? But my question is, and of which leads my whole point- how long do you Buckeye fans actually think he's going to be head of your program. I give it 3 years.

How long do we believe a lifelong fan of Ohio State, a man who idolizes Woody Hayes and a coach who had an out clause added to his previous contracts to seek the head position in Columbus if it ever opened up will stay in town now that he's here?

Like just about every other coach in Ohio State's history he is probably going to stay until he gets fired.

This just made me chuckle, no matter who it came from.

The guy obviously has some sort of health issue (i think it's in the head) and holds himself to such a high standard that when things looked to get a little tough at Florida, he decided to come up with one random reason after another to take a year off, then head somewhere where talent is already in place.

He was suffering from esophageal spasms. The symptoms can be very hard to distinguish from those of a heart attack.

He wasn't 'coming up with random reasons', he had a legitimate fear for his life before he was properly diagnosed.

There's just something about him that tells me he may be a little more burned out than even he thought, and that his time at Ohio St. will be flop, IN COMPARISON TO EXPECTATIONS SET (meaning he may not win a conference or National title, not being as bad as having losing seasons.) And dont forget, he has to waste one whole year coaching his team to play for nothing.

Coach Meyer had short tenures at stepping stone programs and then had a personal health crisis while at Florida. There is no conspiracy here, despite how desperately some folks are hoping for one.

Prior to Alabama the longest Nick Saban had ever spent at a program was four years. He's just finished his fifth season in Tuscaloosa. Time to start the countdown clock! (And yes plenty of folks have predicted him jumping ship at various times during his tenure there).

Will Coach Meyer's tenure live up to expectations? It is very, very doubtful. The odds of winning national titles every year are vanishingly thin.

How has Coach Pelini fared in comparison to expectations set in Lincoln?

If you ask 100 Nebraska fans and they answere 100% honestly, 90 would probably say right on cue, maybe a conference championship short. This is the feeling I have.

I do see your points and stand corrected on some assumptions I had. However, I still do not like Urban Meyer. He just comes off as a shady, win-at-all-costs coach. I know that's the way of society now a days but it's just something I dont believe in. Most of my angst probably comes from the fact the I just dont want him to succeed,, though deep down I know it's probably inevitable. What I dont understand is why a program like Ohio St., who is on as shaky a grounds (both on and off the field) as any in the country, would want someone who has the potential to stir up more trouble, as well as be there for a short term. Just thoughts I have, tho I do understand that winning is everything.

I do see your points and stand corrected on some assumptions I had. However, I still do not like Urban Meyer. He just comes off as a shady, win-at-all-costs coach. I know that's the way of society now a days but it's just something I dont believe in. Most of my angst probably comes from the fact the I just dont want him to succeed,, though deep down I know it's probably inevitable. What I dont understand is why a program like Ohio St., who is on as shaky a grounds (both on and off the field) as any in the country, would want someone who has the potential to stir up more trouble, as well as be there for a short term. Just thoughts I have, tho I do understand that winning is everything.

Because he's never had a major NCAA violation under his watch, he can win, and he loves Ohio State.

Illinois goin no huddle spread O...

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/59996/scheelhaase-illini-adapting-to-the-spread

"This offense likes to get people in space," he said. "Get fast guys the ball with space and a chance to make guys miss one on one. We're stretching the field a whole lot more."

There's also the no-huddle aspect. Scheelhaase said Illinois ran its high-tempo offense full bore for the first time in practice No. 5.

"It was really eye-opening, for both sides," he said. "You could feel the defense getting tired even in practice. We got seven plays deep in that drive, and then the pass rush wasn't as strong. They revealed their coverages a lot quicker than usual. Picking up the pace helped a lot, based on one series and one practice. I think it will be a big help to us to keep that going."