Ohio State going no-huddle

Nexus

No huddle offense? Woody Hayes just rolled over in his grave.

He didn't really need a huddle for run up the gut for three yards.....repeat.

Oh and I love the reply to it:

weren't we one of the last DIV 1 teams to actually have a huddle before every play?

"We're going to be a [shot]gun, spread, run-oriented football team that has tremendous balance through the play-action pass.

"We want to be no-huddle, we want to be up-tempo and use that to our advantage. And we want to be balanced. We want to run the football first to set up the throwing game.

An interview with Tom Herman, tOSU's new OC. Sounds like they'e trying to transform Braxton Miller into the next Tim Tebo.

"We're going to be a [shot]gun, spread, run-oriented football team that has tremendous balance through the play-action pass.

"We want to be no-huddle, we want to be up-tempo and use that to our advantage. And we want to be balanced. We want to run the football first to set up the throwing game.

An interview with Tom Herman, tOSU's new OC. Sounds like they'e trying to transform Braxton Miller into the next Tim Tebo.

That quote sounds nearly identical to the things Beck and Co. said last spring.

Herman and Bo are already familiar with each other since they've played against each other twice ('09-'10, NU vs ISU). Herman called a good game against us in '10 at Ames. He kept our defense off-balance pretty much the whole game.

The difference now is Herman has better athletes running his system than he did at Iowa State. So I expect him to give our defense more fits when we play them in Columbus this year.

OSU is poised to own the B1G in the next few years. They have an agressive and talented coach, who is a proven winner. I have a feeling he will not be making many friends in the B1G - he comes from the cut-throat, agressive SEC style. OSU sits in the best recruiting state above the mason-dixon line. Urban will own Ohio and agressively go after others and after a period of winning, recruits will be walking in the door. Urban just lured a coach from U of Cinti that is a great recruiter and was the former coach of Cincy Colerain HS (the Cleveland Glenville of Cincy). OSU has never had great success in Cincy and now they could have a pipeline. 2012 was a great recruiting year and 2013 is looking awesome. He will open things up offensively and take advantage of OSU athletes more so than Tressel. He will just need to watch the "thug quotient" as that is generally not B1G style compared to the SEC.

I see many incredible CCG matchups with OSU vs Neb/Mich in Indy in the next few years.

OSU is poised to own the B1G in the next few years. They have an agressive and talented coach, who is a proven winner. I have a feeling he will not be making many friends in the B1G - he comes from the cut-throat, agressive SEC style. OSU sits in the best recruiting state above the mason-dixon line. Urban will own Ohio and agressively go after others and after a period of winning, recruits will be walking in the door. Urban just lured a coach from U of Cinti that is a great recruiter and was the former coach of Cincy Colerain HS (the Cleveland Glenville of Cincy). OSU has never had great success in Cincy and now they could have a pipeline. 2012 was a great recruiting year and 2013 is looking awesome. He will open things up offensively and take advantage of OSU athletes more so than Tressel. He will just need to watch the "thug quotient" as that is generally not B1G style compared to the SEC.

I see many incredible CCG matchups with OSU vs Neb/Mich in Indy in the next few years.

Next few years as in 2 or 3, cuz once Miller's gone, so is Urban, for some more "family time"

Next few years as in 2 or 3, cuz once Miller's gone, so is Urban, for some more "family time"

Yeah because he didn't just get a commitment from a 5* QB called Jalin Marshall. He was only the #5 overall recruit in the nation

OSU is poised to own the B1G in the next few years.

We won't surrender the Big 12....er the Big 10 to Ohio St. and Michigan!

And losing 9 scholarships over the next 3 years will hurt tOSU a bit. I hope.

They'll still be in the hunt for the B1G title, I'd bet.