Fighting Erstads v. dem Fightin' Bulldogs

Would love to know the number of outs in those situations. That should matter whether Bolt sends them or not.

Sitting on the 3rd base line with that wind in our face all day pretty much sucked.

Lots of opportunities to win today. Missed too many. Bolt cost us some runs. Forget which inning it was, but he sent the runner from second on a double to the right field gap, only to get the runner cut down at the plate. Clearly shouldn't have sent the runner, but he did.

Fast-forward to the 8th and a nearly identical play, but Bolt held the runners even though the ball made it to the wall. Would have scored one easily, possibly both.

Not griping at Bolt. He's learning.

I have some pictures I'll post in a little bit.

What were the situations in these cases? Maybe Im just reading your sentence wrong but it sounds like runner on 2nd and the batter hit a double? And the guy on second got thrown at at home?

I believe both were runners on first and second, one out.

The first one did hang in the wind for a second and there was some question whether it would be caught or not. The second was clearly not going to be caught, and especially when it got bumbled and rolled to the fence, the runner on 2nd should have been sent home.

Would love to know the number of outs in those situations. That should matter whether Bolt sends them or not.

Sitting on the 3rd base line with that wind in our face all day pretty much sucked.

Lots of opportunities to win today. Missed too many. Bolt cost us some runs. Forget which inning it was, but he sent the runner from second on a double to the right field gap, only to get the runner cut down at the plate. Clearly shouldn't have sent the runner, but he did.

Fast-forward to the 8th and a nearly identical play, but Bolt held the runners even though the ball made it to the wall. Would have scored one easily, possibly both.

Not griping at Bolt. He's learning.

I have some pictures I'll post in a little bit.

What were the situations in these cases? Maybe Im just reading your sentence wrong but it sounds like runner on 2nd and the batter hit a double? And the guy on second got thrown at at home?

I believe both were runners on first and second, one out.

The first one did hang in the wind for a second and there was some question whether it would be caught or not. The second was clearly not going to be caught, and especially when it got bumbled and rolled to the fence, the runner on 2nd should have been sent home.

Being one out in the first situation have no problems with sending the runner on second. Maybe the runner didn't get off second as far as he could to check if was gonna be caught, before being thrown out at home. Probably could be dang near on third and ake it bac if indeed it is caugh.

One out in the second situtation, pending who is running, you send them as well.

Without seeing the actual game I guess it is anyones guess. But the above is how the majority of coaches play it.