Brandon Ubel and the 3 Pointer

With Diaz and Almeida out all year, and Nieman as incompetent as a knife in a gun fight, Ubel had to spend the whole year playing the 5 spot, as McCray basicaly spent the whole year playing the 4. I dont know much about bball, but I know enough to know that that is no where near where those guys belong.

What happened to this guy? He used to be a threat from outside the line. From ESPN's stats:

2009-2010 = 52.4% making 11 of 21 3pointers

2010-2011 = 25% making 7 of 28 3pointers

2011-2012 = 25% making 5 of 20 3pointers

I hope we get 09 Ubel next year

Toney Mac and Spencer more than made up his attempts.

Actually the lack of any kind of big took a toll on Ubel. I still think he actually had the most confident looking shot when shooting it from outside.

It was probably a number of factors all together that made him less effective shooting 3's. I remember he started a weight training regimen 2 years ago with the intention of bulking up and getting stronger. It was never meant for him to be a 5 on the floor and after a whole game of dragging those big butts up and down the court, it takes a toll on the legs and makes shooting 3's very difficult. It looked too that he was the last option when Spencer was distributing the ball. I saw him have a couple decent games but once Big 10 games started it wasn't as pretty.