Sick and Tired of The Kool-Aid Crew

What would this season have looked like if we didn't have a pathetic non-conference schedule, and had played in a better conference this year. The Big 12 this year... lets face it, besides Texas/Texas Tech/Colorado(maybe).. is pretty pathetic.. and we can only manage 5 wins? Yeah we've lost some close ones... but if we had to play a schedule like USC or Penn State's... I don't think we even get 5 wins.

I think the easy non-conference schedule made all of us expect more than we should have from this team. Well.. at least it seems that way now. I'm one that has said, give this a chance.. let him get his players in.. last year was just a freak transition year.. etc. But if we post two five-win seasons... I'm not sure what excuse to give. Horrible offensive line and secondary? Well okay, but doesn't that really fall on the coaches shoulders?

Ah well, I'll still be there this weekend yelling my arse off. I'll still go out in public in my studly, leather, NU jacket. I'll still ignore those annoying BC bashers that jump all over you any chance they can get.

Remember... we are still in the season.. and we have two shots at a winning season. Hopefully we can go out there and get-r-done.

(man I wish I hadn't gotten my tickets for this game so early... I'm guessing I could probably pick 'em up dirt cheap right now)

Hypothetically, I think if you take Maine,Wake Forest, and Pitt(who should have beat us) and replaced them with teams like Clemson, South Carolina, or Arizona State ,we would have lost to 2 out of 3 of them. And they are mediocre teams just like Nebraska. I really think if we had a decent, not laughable, non-conference schedule we would be 3-6 right now.

Knowing when to pull the plug? Well, fact is neither you or me can do that.

THANK YOU!!

I am tired of hearing,

"I'm giving Cally one more year" or "If we don't go bowling, Cally's got to go".

Not up to us folks!! Talk to the boosters. E-mail Pearlman, but messages boards ain't goin' to get it done.

Might as well support Cally and his staff, he ain't goin' anywhere soon. dedhoarse

Four more years!

Four more years!

Four more years!

:bounce:bounce:bounce

Hypothetically, I think if you take Maine,Wake Forest, and Pitt(who should have beat us) and replaced them with teams like Clemson, South Carolina, or Arizona State ,we would have lost to 2 out of 3 of them. And they are mediocre teams just like Nebraska. I really think if we had a decent, not laughable, non-conference schedule we would be 3-6 right now.

That's funny you mention Clemson since they lost to Wake Forest. Before the season everyone was saying how this was a pretty good non-conference schedule. Pitt was ranked and Wake was a team not to be taken lightly. As far as Maine goes it seems like we play a team like that every single year. When has Nebraska ever played a non-conference schedule like you listed? I would say never.

That's funny you mention Clemson since they lost to Wake Forest. Before the season everyone was saying how this was a pretty good non-conference schedule. Pitt was ranked and Wake was a team not to be taken lightly. As far as Maine goes it seems like we play a team like that every single year. When has Nebraska ever played a non-conference schedule like you listed? I would say never.

Never! The nonconference was always loaded with cupcakes. When we were the Big 8, we loaded up for the most part save Washington and a few others with cupcakes. I mean c'mon, KState learned from the best. If we'd have played some really good teams in the late 80's, maybe we wouldn't have been as shocked as we were in the bowl game to lose big time to the Miami's, Florida States, and hell even Georgia Tech!