New 3rd base commit

Huge get and one of the few positives to come out of the weekend in Evanston. He is pretty highly rated as a player I am surprised that there weren't any bigger name schools after him. I don't fully understand college baseball recruiting. You have to go after good players but really they can't be too good cuz the best ones go straight to the pros. I would imagine it is really tough!

Plus, we're in an awkward position where the Big 10 actively punishes Baseball programs that have kids who leave early for the MLB draft by freezing their scholarship until their eligibility would have been exhausted. No other BCS conference does this, and it's completely hypocritical that this is enforced for Baseball, but B1G Basketball teams are given a free pass to recruit and utilize 1 and done players without any negative impact to the team, program, or their scholarships.

Once Nebraska is a fully-fledged member of the Big 10, I would hope we go after this hypocrisy and get Delaney to repeal it. I think the reason we can't go after it now is that the school that helps us with our voice (Wisconsin) currently doesn't have a dog in this hunt since they mothballed their baseball program.