Which clown SHOULD we have hired?

Turn the clock back 22 months. Who should it have been?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just sad already calling for the mans head. Who would want this job seeing the way the fans turn on there coach after 2 years. Would anyone argue that if we had a better line that enabled our running back to run the ball and not make there cut 1 yard behind the line of scrimage, wee would be a little better off.Amazes me that people don't look at the whole picture I guess I missed Cally and Cosgrove out on the field. Hell even the annoucers said if people would have made the tackles they wouldn't have went for big yards. So who does it come down to the guy in the game that just has to wrap him up or the coaches on the side line. YOu guys wanted more running plays he tried that We tried to pass the ball but the quaterback doesn't get time before he gets planted. Hell that must be Coach C problem, If Solich was the great recruiter where is his lineman this should be there junior and senior season. I am actually embarassed about being a Husker fan not cause of the coach cause of the Fans that at the sign of adversity they tuck tail and look for the easiest excuse, instead of circling the wagons and getting behind the program and the Team. WEll anyway GBR You guys go on hating Cally I am sure it will make life easier for you.

but maybe the only way to get a change made is to hope the team loses its next 2 games and finishes with a losing record again. Bring in a good coach with some young talent to work with and start to build the program up again.

You got 5.8 million plus assistant coaches buyout salaries of 1.2 million x 2 years plus a head coach waiting to take over that can keep up with the level of recruiting we are getting?

Didn't think so <_<

If we have a another losing season this year ... I honestly don't know how long he will be coach. I think he should have the time but Husker Nation is just to spoiled. If we don't start winning in the near future ... I don't know what will happen. Also, I don't know if anyone would want this job, with all the expectations. The only people who would take this job is someone that has been with Nebraska football all their life, or atleast close to it.

Callahan isn't going to get fired anytime soon. Fans can continue to bitch and whine, but i know from someone within the Athletic Department that Pederson wont make any decisions on a fire or contract extension untill after the 2007 season.

After the 2007 season, if Callahan cant show improvement to win a Big12 title he's as good as gone. Plus 2007 will have given Callahan 3 full recruiting classes

Just sad already calling for the mans head. Who would want this job seeing the way the fans turn on there coach after 2 years. Would anyone argue that if we had a better line that enabled our running back to run the ball and not make there cut 1 yard behind the line of scrimage, wee would be a little better off.Amazes me that people don't look at the whole picture I guess I missed Cally and Cosgrove out on the field. Hell even the annoucers said if people would have made the tackles they wouldn't have went for big yards. So who does it come down to the guy in the game that just has to wrap him up or the coaches on the side line. YOu guys wanted more running plays he tried that We tried to pass the ball but the quaterback doesn't get time before he gets planted. Hell that must be Coach C problem, If Solich was the great recruiter where is his lineman this should be there junior and senior season. I am actually embarassed about being a Husker fan not cause of the coach cause of the Fans that at the sign of adversity they tuck tail and look for the easiest excuse, instead of circling the wagons and getting behind the program and the Team. WEll anyway GBR You guys go on hating Cally I am sure it will make life easier for you.

it's not just the losing record, but getting our asses whupped by lowly Kansas, barely beating Maine.......where DO YOU DRAW THE LINE? i support the team and always will, but damn hard to be satified with the coaching.........as i said i expected to lose to TT, MU, CU.......but KS.....come on......and the real stinker here is the lack of improvement and consistency.......are these players really that bad? we are playing poorly instead of seeing any level of improvement.......

hunter

Coaches responsibility to develop the players.

There are few players coming out of H.S. that can make an impact. Especialy on the O-Line. You must develop them in to solid players.

I have seen no improvements since Callahan has taken over.

What will the excuses be next year?

Callahan had the perfect Schedule. Especialy with Oklahoma down this year.

Next year he has USC on the plate.

in two years he has USC and Texas to deal with.

The Schedule is just going to get harder.

My prediction is Peterson will be the next to get fired. Callahan will be behind him a year later.

It isn't surprising for the frustration to build. I grit my teeth too. I was hoping for a faster upswing also and no one wants to hear "wait for next year". If BC is fired in the next year no GOOD coach in their right mind would take the job, unless the right person was offered the position, like was mentioned previously; someone with close ties to the program. That or a huge salary increase plus the huge salary buyout. Big hit on the budget. Everyone had better start buying more cigarettes. I still think BC can turn the program around but he may not get enough time to succeed either. I grew up fishing for bullheads and learned patience but too many people need a frenzied pace in life. TO was patient even though there were those around him that weren't. Oh well.

but maybe the only way to get a change made is to hope the team loses its next 2 games and finishes with a losing record again.  Bring in a good coach with some young talent to work with and start to build the program up again.

You got 5.8 million plus assistant coaches buyout salaries of 1.2 million x 2 years plus a head coach waiting to take over that can keep up with the level of recruiting we are getting?

Didn't think so <_<

The AD department didn't have a problem finding the $$$ to buy out the previous coaches contracts. I think this is the final year of that. Of course this is going to be a financial blow. It always is when you change staffs before contracts are up.

I guess we will gravitate toward mediocrity. Oh wait. That happened a long time ago, we're way below mediocrity now.

It would be different if there was improvement from week to week. That stopped after the TT game. It has been getting progressively worse from there.

Aside from everyone's excuse of there being no talent and he needs time, this team shows no consistency, dicipline, or motivation. It's not a lack of talent that makes you false start, it is a lack of dicipline. I see the motivation gone. It will surprise me if they get another win before the season ends. Hopefully I am wrong, but I just don't see it.