Kansas is taking its win a little too far

Dave, other than the drunk students, was the rest of the crowd decent toward the Husker fans?

hunter

Hey, I am a Kansas student and was sitting in the student section watching the game with an extreme internal conflict occuring throughout. I wanted to be able to cheer for my school, but my love for the Huskers is just too powerful. That, and the fans at KU struck me as poor for no reason. Not to say that the entire crowd was rowdy and rude, but the student section was not shy about lobbing a "F**K YOU HUSKERS!!!" every once and a while to the players on the field. Yet, there were a number of chants going on that the entire student section was participating in that I found to be in incredibly poor taste, such as: whenever the Jayhawks scored and were kicking off to the Huskers, the entire student section screamed at the top of their lungs after the typical crowd swell, "RIP HIS F*****G HEAD OFF!!!" or whenever a singularly horrible thing would happen on the Husker's part, most of the student crowd would chant, "YOU LET THE WHOLE TEAM DOWN!!!" I realize that this A. probibly doesn't really answer your question, and B. is typical of the student section no matter where you are, but it frustrated me to no end. Yet, the feelings that I was given from this side of the spectators was a general disdain for the Husker fan. Explitives and heckling abounded, and I must say, I was dissappointed to be a lumped in with the Jayhawk population after that win. Just my two cents. But at least I can say that the KU fans are better than either KSU or MU. So there is that. :) GO HUSKERS!!!

I'm all for letting them have their fun and I can imagine how excited their students are, but a shirt like that is absolutely embarassing to the KU football team. I believe the shirt gives the impression that they weren't supposed to win the game which wasn't necessarily true this year. It's alright if they just made the shirt to to rub it in our faces because they earned that right this year, but if they're going to all wear that shirt like it's a huge accomplishent than they're only embarassing their school.

The Kansas shirt is taking it a little too far. Yeah they beat us...(by a lot at that) and they ended the streak. But to say "shucked" the world?! C'mon...I was kind of expecting that to happen and so were a lot of people. It's not like it was a huge upset. Maybe if they beat us when we were ranked in the top 25 that would make sense.

Another win that got taken too far was Missouri. They beat us 2 years ago down there and tore down the goal posts. :wtf They beat us two years later and what do they do? They tear down the goal posts. They didn't upset us really. They didn't end a streak of losing to us unless you count one game as being a streak. Am I the only one confused by this?

I gotta tell ya, even though we're on the bottom looking up, it makes me feel good that teams will yank down goal posts when they beat us. When we went 7-7, 5-6 last year, and again this year, it just shows me that these programs still know that we're mediocre now, but we're getting ready to blow them up again real soon and they better get their shots in while they can.

As I was sitting around in class today trying to pass time until I get homework assigned to me, I start thinking about all the teams that have torn down their goal posts after a victory against us lately. This brought up two questions in my mind:

1. When was the last time Nebraska fans have torn down the goal posts after a victory?

2. When will we do it again?

I started to debate in my head of when this would happen since I have no clue what the answer is to question number one. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but we play Texas at home next season and USC at home the season after that. Those are the two games I can see us doing it and god do I hope we win so it happens.