I serve an amazing God

The body's natural ability to heal itself is amazing.

And usually that ability takes time and gradually gets better, he is saying this was instantaneous relief right after prayer...

If this was indeed a renal calculi, these may not only cause pain but also infection and necrosis of the nephrons. Pain does not usually subside until the calculi is passed. Sorry Benny, but infections do not go away instantaneous...the only disease I can think of in the peritoneal cavity/abdominal area that goes away instantaneous is an appendicitis after the appendix ruptures, but this causes peritonitis and can be fatal.

Severe gas pain also fits the bill. Don't laugh. I'm serious. And it can go away instantly . . . and not necessarily through flatulence.

I know you mean well with this. My problem with it is that God is "the Father." I would never, ever treat my child like this. I should not be a better father than God the Father.

The Bible's use of "the Father" is different than our every-day reference of our dad as our father.

Don't give me excuses. I've been through the bible cover to cover. I've run the gamut of church involvement, from leading bible studies to church council to choir to VBS leader to altar boy. I've delivered sermons, I've taught classes. I know what the bible means when it uses the word "Father" to describe God.

"Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"

And before you give me the "Her reward is eternal life in Heaven with her Father," explain why she had to live on this earth in the first place, why she had to have hopes and dreams and plans, only to have them taken from her. If God truly loved my mother so much he wouldn't have needed her to prove her worth through tribulations before he allowed her to suffer and die to get to Heaven.

If you don't want to hear it then I won't say it. But blaming God for problems that He didn't create can only go so far.

And usually that ability takes time and gradually gets better, he is saying this was instantaneous relief right after prayer...

If this was indeed a renal calculi, these may not only cause pain but also infection and necrosis of the nephrons. Pain does not usually subside until the calculi is passed. Sorry Benny, but infections do not go away instantaneous...the only disease I can think of in the peritoneal cavity/abdominal area that goes away instantaneous is an appendicitis after the appendix ruptures, but this causes peritonitis and can be fatal.

Surely we are not going to presume to diagnose this cause of pain over the internet to conclude that it was something that could only be cured miraculously, are we?

No, Im no doctor, just allied health care with basic knowledge of pathology, but Im just going off of what he said.

Po, kidney stones cause terrible *intermittent* pain. Are you saying that stones always result in infection?

If the stone is big enough and cannot be passed, the pain will not subside until it is passed. And no, not always, depends on how big the stone is and how long the blockage/back-up of urine is

If you don't want to hear it then I won't say it. But blaming God for problems that He didn't create can only go so far.

How far does believing in a non-existent God get you?

We will find out someday won't we?

Yes and no. If there is no God, we never truly find out anything. We just kind of blink out and all knowing ends.

If there is a God, you'll know and I won't.

In the meantime, as long as neither of us says, "YOU MUST BELIEVE WHAT I BELIEVE!!!!" then we're all going to be OK with our disparate beliefs.

• Fire 1

How far does believing in a non-existent God get you?

We will find out someday won't we?

Yes and no. If there is no God, we never truly find out anything. We just kind of blink out and all knowing ends.

If there is a God, you'll know and I won't.

In the meantime, as long as neither of us says, "YOU MUST BELIEVE WHAT I BELIEVE!!!!" then we're all going to be OK with our disparate beliefs.

If I am right, you won't see me gloating about it knowing that you and many others had the chance to be saved by believing. I'll just say that.

• Fire 1

Severe gas pain also fits the bill. Don't laugh. I'm serious. And it can go away instantly . . . and not necessarily through flatulence.

Its usually not excruciating pain that radiates from the back to the groin...

If I am right, you won't see me gloating about it knowing that you and many others had the chance to be saved by believing. I'll just say that.

It would be one thing if it was just a matter of believing. It's an entirely different story when there is a preponderance of evidence that blows that belief out of the water, and I'm still required believe.

The faith story is very convenient for a church that wishes to keep you in their fold, is it not? Without a shred of proof of... anything in the past 2,000 years, the "belief" mantra is awfully handy to explain away God's absence - at least, an absence relevant to that of a loving, caring Father.

It would be one thing if it was just a matter of believing. It's an entirely different story when there is a preponderance of evidence that blows that belief out of the water, and I'm still required believe.

The faith story is very convenient for a church that wishes to keep you in their fold, is it not? Without a shred of proof of... anything in the past 2,000 years, the "belief" mantra is awfully handy to explain away God's absence - at least, an absence relevant to that of a loving, caring Father.

I'm not gonna argue with you. I hope you find the answers you're looking for.

Isn't the whole arguement, for those that believe in God, around 'why do people suffer, not live a long life, etc'... answered by Genisis Chapter 3? It wasn't until man chose the way of Satan, rather than the way of God, that sorrow entered the world. Man sins against God in Genesis 3:6-7, and God reveals to Adam and Eve the consequences of sin in Genesis 3:16-19. God told Adam and Eve that they would now experience sorrow and death. Therefore, the suffering and sorrow that you and I face today is not the work of an unjust God; it's the consequences of sin.

• Fire 1