I serve an amazing God

If there were actualy any evidence that said there is NOT a God, I'm sure JJHusker (and also myself) would have no choice but not to believe in God. Seeing that there is ZERO evidence that has come forth to prove that God does not exist, I--for one--will continue believing until this evidence is shown. Everybody on this forum who believes something other than Christianity (whatever that may be) always asks us to let them believe what they want to believe and then berates us who believe in God and that Jesus saved us from our sins for "having an imaginary friend" or are "ignorant."

If you want me to let you believe what you want to believe, I ask you do the same for everyone else on this board.

There are equal amounts of proof for the lack of existence of the Christian God as there is for the lack of the existence of the gods of the Maya, Inca, Romans, Greeks, etc.

Again, the burden of proof does not lay with those who do not believe in the Christian God. The burden of proof lies with those who profess his existence. I don't get to randomly announce the existence of a god, and when you can't prove it doesn't exist, claim that as proof of its existence.

• Fire 2

If there were actualy any evidence that said there is NOT a God, I'm sure JJHusker (and also myself) would have no choice but not to believe in God. Seeing that there is ZERO evidence that has come forth to prove that God does not exist, I--for one--will continue believing until this evidence is shown. Everybody on this forum who believes something other than Christianity (whatever that may be) always asks us to let them believe what they want to believe and then berates us who believe in God and that Jesus saved us from our sins for "having an imaginary friend" or are "ignorant."

If you want me to let you believe what you want to believe, I ask you do the same for everyone else on this board.

There are equal amounts of proof for the lack of existence of the Christian God as there is for the lack of the existence of the gods of the Maya, Inca, Romans, Greeks, etc.

Again, the burden of proof does not lay with those who do not believe in the Christian God. The burden of proof lies with those who profess his existence. I don't get to randomly announce the existence of a god, and when you can't prove it doesn't exist, claim that as proof of its existence.

Like JJHusker said a few posts ago, "you people" keep saying that there is this evidence that there is no proof of God. I have yet to hear anything legitimate. So until real proof is showed to me, which will never happen, I will continue to believe in what I believe in.

HuskerShark, let's look at your statement using something other than God.

Seeing that there is ZERO evidence that has come forth to prove that Santa Claus does not exist, I--for one--will continue believing until this evidence is shown.

See how it doesn't really work that way?

Like JJHusker said a few posts ago, "you people" keep saying that there is this evidence that there is no proof of God.

Wait, you want evidence of there being no evidence?

I really don't think anyone has said something so ridiculous.

If you have no evidence that there is no God, then there is a lot more proof that there is a God than that there isn't. If there were no God, no one would exist. There would be no such thing as the earth, or people, or animals, or matter in general. It is not possible for something to form from NOTHING!

Like JJHusker said a few posts ago, "you people" keep saying that there is this evidence that there is no proof of God.

If you have no evidence that there is no God, then there is a lot more proof that there is a God than that there isn't. If there were no God, no one would exist. There would be no such thing as the earth, or people, or animals, or matter in general. It is not possible for something to form from NOTHING!

What about God?

Oh...yeah...the special pleading thing.

Haha, that's maybe the worst imaginable reason to believe in a god. As Husker_x pointed out, if you applied that same logic to god, then god could not exist either.

In general I agree with the bold. I've read the physics articles explaining how the Universe came to be from "nothing" and I find them not entirely convincing.

However, that fact does not IN ANY WAY mean there is a god. Or, conversely, it doesn't mean that the Christian God is THE god. It's as much proof of the existence of Zeus, Thor, the Flying Spaghetti Monster or Vishnu as it is proof of the Christian God's existence.

• Fire 1
If there were no God, no one would exist. There would be no such thing as the earth, or people, or animals, or matter in general. It is not possible for something to form from NOTHING!

There is a lot in science that is difficult to wrap your head around.

Using simplistic logic to argue against science is silly and baseless. "Here's our model that we have formed given the mathematical tools we have available and the observations we have made" -- vs -- "hey, but it doesn't make sense!"

Keep in mind that the infinitesimally small moments in the beginning are poorly understood in general (I think). I'd have to look up exactly how small that is but we're talking about so small I can't think of the unit prefix here that comes before 'seconds.' The first moments of the universe -- quite hard to simply 'relate' to everyday life today as a means of understanding.

If there were no God, no one would exist. There would be no such thing as the earth, or people, or animals, or matter in general. It is not possible for something to form from NOTHING!

There is a lot in science that is difficult to wrap your head around.

Using simplistic logic to argue against science is silly and baseless. "Here's our model that we have formed given the mathematical tools we have available and the observations we have made" -- vs -- "hey, but it doesn't make sense!"

Keep in mind that the infinitesimally small moments in the beginning are poorly understood in general (I think). I'd have to look up exactly how small that is but we're talking about so small I can't think of the unit prefix here that comes before 'seconds.' The first moments of the universe -- quite hard to simply 'relate' to everyday life today as a means of understanding.

You might be thinking of Planck times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Planck_time

Your logic:

No evidence that God doesn't exist = more evidence that God does exist

Your logic construed in a similar fashion with the same context:

No evidence that God does exist = more evidence that God doesn't exist.

You see what's wrong with that picture?

So if you prayed for something and didn't get it does that disprove the existence of God?

God isn't some kind of phone it in handyman, he doesn't answer our every prayer or whim and that kind of thinking is bound to lead to disappointment and frustration. I don't know how God works but I'm fairly sure its not like that.

Matthew 5:45 "That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust."

God isn't some kind of phone it in handyman, he doesn't answer our every prayer or whim and that kind of thinking is bound to lead to disappointment and frustration. I don't know how God works but I'm fairly sure its not like that.

If you don't know how your god works...then don't pretend to assume ANYTHING about that god. Including that you know how he doesn't work. Don't assume that he created the universe. Don't assume he loves you. Don't assume he answers any prayers. Don't assume he is interested in your sex life. Don't assume he cares what your morals are. And don't even assume that he exists!

You can't say "that's not how god works"....and then in the next sentence say "no one really knows how god works." It's like the original poster saying, "I don't know much about advanced anatomy or advanced medical sciences...but there's no other explanation than god healed me!"

If you don't know how your god works...then don't pretend to assume ANYTHING about that god. Including that you know how he doesn't work. Don't assume that he created the universe. Don't assume he loves you. Don't assume he answers any prayers. Don't assume he is interested in your sex life. Don't assume he cares what your morals are. And don't even assume that he exists!

You can't say "that's not how god works"....and then in the next sentence say "no one really knows how god works." It's like the original poster saying, "I don't know much about advanced anatomy or advanced medical sciences...so there's no other explanation than god healed me!"

I had a feeling someone would make that point but I most certainly can say that. Based on my interpretation of what the Bible says, God does not go about answering prayers and intervening in the average man's everyday life at different points in his day...that does not mean that I know how God works, it simply means that I know that he doesn't work in a particular way.

I don't understand how to build an internal combustion engine but I'm pretty sure my truck doesn't run on nuclear fuel rods.

I don't understand all of x but from the few small things I do understand about x I can rule out a theorized xy.