Spring Game Weather Forecast - Yikes

I am fully prepared to exit the game and start chasing. But just warning ya, first chase of the season for me so I am gonna be a bit rusty. I knew I should have hit up a skywarn session before I left MPLS. As I say this we are driving througha patch of cloudsdeveloping extremely low.gonna get interesting in a hurry today.

Can I go with?

Sure but I have a full car so you will have to be a follow vehicle. We will make sure to stay out of the way of the TIC ,Dominator and research guys.

Whiled it's true that a tornado can and will strike anywhere nature chooses, it remains a bit of a phenomenon why Lincoln seems to almost always miss the most severe activity.

I have watched radar on incoming storms of all levels for 20 years and when it gets close to Lincoln, it invariably splits and goes around or simply dissipates.

What is really surprising to me is that no one seems to have done any significant meteorological studies to explain it. (or at least none that I have seen).

It would seem that this would be a prime subject for some research.

That has been researched. And there's really no phenomena to account for that other than Lincoln has been lucky. OKC residents used to say the same thing but not anymore. People argue the downtown area, buildings, etc interrupt the air flow but as my meteorology professor said, the city is typically warmer and much more conducive to storms because of the updrafts and warm air that run thru the downtown area. In other words, it's not a matter of IF it will happen but WHEN it will happen.

sh#t's gettin real

Yeah Ive never heard of a tornado coming close to Linocln in the 5 years I've been here. I thought it was pretty funny that when I went home 3 weeks ago, the very first night I was back a tornado hit the outskirts of town. Welcome home!

You noticed Kansas/Nebraska border in the radar map? I afraid second round starting at 90 minutes or so. Could be postposed today due to a weather thing and reschedule Sunday 1:00pm.

I saw that too...... a tornado warning down there. On the weather channel they thought 45 minutes or less more rain would on the way.

game cancelled just announced 10/11

You noticed Kansas/Nebraska border in the radar map? I afraid second round starting at 90 minutes or so. Could be postposed today due to a weather thing and reschedule Sunday 1:00pm.

I saw that too...... a tornado warning down there. On the weather channel they thought 45 minutes or less more rain would on the way.

game cancelled just announced 10/11

cancelled or postponed?