LaVonte David

In the latest ESPN mock draft they have him going early in the 2nd round to the Bucs. They also have Crick going late in the second to the Packers.

I would be perfectly ok with that.

I guess Fonzie's stock has been dropping.. Kinda surprises me because of how athletic and raw he is.

In the latest ESPN mock draft they have him going early in the 2nd round to the Bucs. They also have Crick going late in the second to the Packers.

I would be perfectly ok with that.

I guess Fonzie's stock has been dropping.. Kinda surprises me because of how athletic and raw he is.

RAW... got that right! Really relied on instincts an athleticism. Needs to work on technique!

Favorite LaVonte play was against Iowa. TE comes off, interferes with LaVonte to the point that he knocks David off his feet, then crosses to make the catch, but David gets up and chases the TE down 15 yards downfield to strip the ball and make the recovery as well, and Nebraska still had to decline a penalty to get the ball. That was vintage LaVonte David.

Sooner or later we are going to start getting the best LBers in the country. We get a couple here and there but i think in the near future kids are going to be lining up to play defense for BO. David will show well in the draft, going in the top 40 and hopefully have a great career. Compton is set to have a break out year and will probably get drafted. Bos sysytem is set up for LBers to be the star of the defense. Dline takes up all the blockers leaving the Lbers free to make all the plays(also why we dnt have much of a pass rush)

Ruud had the tackle record in 2003....the year Bo was D-CO here, and now David breaks it. From quotes i have read from CB recuits we are starting to make a name for ourselves in the CB department as far as putting CBs in the NFL. Its only going to get better with Dennard and probably Siesay as he is the real deal, Green if he keeps improving. I think the same thing is going to start happening with LBers. David will be one of the all time great LBs to play here, but we have some good talent coming up with Santos, and Zaire Anderson who will be see playing time this year along with Rose, Brown, Afalava then Banderas this year so far. Im really excited about our LBs in the future, we are going to have some really good kids. Just need to get thru this year injury free with our seniors, then LB will start to become the strength of our D, depth and potential wise. All these guys are David-esqe as far as speed and athletisim, David just had that football instinct that you cant teach....fortunately Bo knows LB talent, and i can see a revloving door of talent on the way, just need to get thru this year, and winning always helps. We go to a couple BCS bowls start putting talent in NFL on a consistent basis, it could be scary the talent we could get in here.

Fonzie? he has to be one of the best bump-and-run corners in the nation, on top of his athleticism.

Struggled in zone... Caught looking in at the QB too often!

Isn't that the point of playing zone? But I will say he uses the bump sort of as a crutch. His technique and footwork in man coverage is suspect, and by using bump coverage, he is able to get the receiver off his route, then can just run with the receiver, which he excels at.

Fonzie? he has to be one of the best bump-and-run corners in the nation, on top of his athleticism.

Struggled in zone... Caught looking in at the QB too often!

Isn't that the point of playing zone? But I will say he uses the bump sort of as a crutch. His technique and footwork in man coverage is suspect, and by using bump coverage, he is able to get the receiver off his route, then can just run with the receiver, which he excels at.

That is the point of zone, you take away one area while watching the QB's eyes to see where the ball is heading to.

Fonz was probably just a victim of not have Prince, Gomes, Hagg. His skill set is best suited for man coverage, but without those 3 this past year the staff was unable to be overly creative with what they did with the secondary to allow for the 2 corners to just lock down 1 on 1, not to mention his injury and facing some more balanced offenses. Not being sure if the plays a run or pass most of the time could have a big effect on a db who's used to playing to the fact that he knows it's pass 90% of the time.

Favorite.

Blackshirt.

Ever.

Not a knock on you, but I remember 2 years ago that everyone was saying this about Suh. Wonder who it is going to be in another 2 years.

I know what you mean. I was obviously a Suh fan, but not to the point of everyone else it seemed. Lavonte, to me, is the entire package. Everything you want in a football player. Suh was extremely talented, but his personality/attitude has turned me off since he's graduated.