The Gauntlet - Three of Four Games in Prime Time

The Gauntlet  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The ONLY reason I have hope about facing Braxton Miller and Dennard Robinson is that we picked up Rick Kaczenski to coach the D Line. In the last two years against Michigan the Iowegians went 2-0, with the 2011 game really telling in that they held Robinson to 17/37 passing and 55 yards rushing.

We got Kaczenski, presumably, to help contain mobile quarterbacks - his forte and Bo's Achilles heel. I just hope we let him do his thing and don't constrain him to this ridiculous bend-but-don't-break thing Bo's been doing lately.

If we force Kaczenski to run front-four containment scheme we've been running the past few years we're going to be hard-pressed to beat either OSU or Michigan.

I really like your thinking.

I go to sleep every night after praying for Bo to learn to stop a mobile QB.

I pray I'll wake up to Kate Upton in the morning - unfortunately the odds are equally against both of us.

4-0

1st reason We've improved on both sides of the ball. (Beck & T-Mart a year older, the "Super Sophs" in the backfield, & SUPE(REX)---On D we lose superstars, but we have the workmen approach back to the blackshirts)

2nd turnover in the coaching staffs @ OSU, & Wiscy. They will need a little time...

3rd we never lost to ISU 2 in a row and Northwestern is now our ISU.

4th Mr. Mo will be in our favor when we run into shoestrings.

I put 3-1, with the loss at Ohio State.

Me too.

Others already have Michigan as the greatest team to ever play the game but I don't buy it. Especially in Lincoln.

Didn't you learn your lesson last year by underestimating Michigan? :)

The whole offseason and season you said how bad Michigan defense would be and we would win that game, but look what happened...

• Fire 2

Me too.

Others already have Michigan as the greatest team to ever play the game but I don't buy it. Especially in Lincoln.

The whole offseason and season you said how bad Michigan defense would be and we would win that game, but look what happened...

Yeah, we turned the ball over on kickoffs, and made terrible, terrible mistakes. Michigan wasn't the problem in that game, Nebraska was.

• Fire 1

I voted 2-2. My reasoning:

9/29 - Wisconsin: No Russell Wilson, plus the loss of seven assistants and three starting O Linemen, will create enough turmoil to bring Wiscy back down to earth. Plus, if there's one thing Bo Pelini has consistently shown it's that, no matter how good your run game, you cannot beat him with an immobile quarterback. Danny O'Brien, see: Kirk Cousins / James Vandenberg. May God have mercy on your soul. I'm counting this as a win.

I'm counting this as a win if Montee Ball will be injured or suspended

Me too.

Yeah, we turned the ball over on kickoffs, and made terrible, terrible mistakes. Michigan wasn't the problem in that game, Nebraska was.

No, Denard Robinson was...

Me too.

If we'd have lost by 10, or maybe even 17 I could understand this. But we got our a$$es handed to us. This is the "fan" reaction you always bash in other threads when we talk about the players not being humble enough and thinking they are better than the other team. Michigan was the better team that day - and it wasn't even close.

I voted 2-2. My reasoning:

9/29 - Wisconsin: No Russell Wilson, plus the loss of seven assistants and three starting O Linemen, will create enough turmoil to bring Wiscy back down to earth. Plus, if there's one thing Bo Pelini has consistently shown it's that, no matter how good your run game, you cannot beat him with an immobile quarterback. Danny O'Brien, see: Kirk Cousins / James Vandenberg. May God have mercy on your soul. I'm counting this as a win.

I'm counting this as a win if Montee Ball will be injured or suspended

Unless Wisky finds someone to fill in for Russell Wilson, I don't see them moving the ball on us.

Me too.

Uh, I'd say "we" screwed the pooch for that game. Yeah, I was wrong about that game & you're right about that.

However, if Michigan is so overwhelming, even with their homer schedule last year, why couldn't they win the division? They couldn't beat Iowa or MSU on the road last year and this year they have play Notre Dame, Nebraska, Alabama & Ohio State on the road.

Add to that they haven't beat MSU "anywhere" for the last four years and Purdue on the road may not be a cakewalk for them either.

So, we''ll see.....but I don't see them anywhere close to the unstoppable force many claim they are.

Me too.

If we'd have lost by 10, or maybe even 17 I could understand this. But we got our a$$es handed to us. This is the "fan" reaction you always bash in other threads when we talk about the players not being humble enough and thinking they are better than the other team. Michigan was the better team that day - and it wasn't even close.

We got crushed by South Carlina too. Does that mean we can't play with them even if we play mistake free football (or somewhat close to that)? I don't think so.....

We got crushed by South Carlina too. Does that mean we can't play with them even if we play mistake free football (or somewhat close to that)? I don't think so.....

Like I said...maybe 17 (south carolina) I could understand that line of thinking. But not 28.

Michigan Game (NU/UM)

First Downs: 11/24

Offense Plays-Yards: 54-260 / 80-418

TOP: 18:39 / 41:13

That's an a$$ whooping. Time of possession, plays. No way you win a game w/ those disparities. Losing 3 fumbles hurt. We got an INT so the margin is still only 2. That's not Iowa Statish. That's just part of it - you can't just take away Nebraska's mistakes and then say we would have won. We aren't going to play mistake free football. We have to quit saying "if we play mistake free" every time we lose a game. We've had a ton of mistake filled games in the Pelini era...at some point they quit becoming an anomaly that you can explain away and start becoming the accepted norm.

Like I said...maybe 17 (south carolina) I could understand that line of thinking. But not 28.

Michigan Game (NU/UM)

First Downs: 11/24

Offense Plays-Yards: 54-260 / 80-418

TOP: 18:39 / 41:13

That's an a$$ whooping. Time of possession, plays. No way you win a game w/ those disparities. Losing 3 fumbles hurt. We got an INT so the margin is still only 2. That's not Iowa Statish. That's just part of it - you can't just take away Nebraska's mistakes and then say we would have won. We aren't going to play mistake free football. We have to quit saying "if we play mistake free" every time we lose a game. We've had a ton of mistake filled games in the Pelini era...at some point they quit becoming an anomaly that you can explain away and start becoming the accepted norm.

Exactly.

I'm a strong believer that Nebraska has lost most of it's games in the Bo Pelini era because of what WE did instead of what the opponent did. I think, in our losses, we tend to shoot ourselves in the foot more often that not. Not in Ann Arbor....we just got straight rocked that day.

Me too.

That's not what I was talking about....