3 - West Virginia

4 - Kansas St

5 - TCU

6 - Texass

7 - Baylor

8 - Texas Tech

9 - Iowa St

10- Kansas

Weird. Just weird seeing the couch burners on this list. TCU, I get. I just don't think WV will stick around because of the geography.

West Virginia will have 16 starters return next year (29th in the nation) including record setting QB Geno Smith, a star 1000yd/10td+ reciever and stud freshman back Dustin Garrison. Couple that with a decent defense (35th nationally) and the fact that they face only one real tough road game in having to travel to UT (OU, BU, KSU and TCU are in WV) I can see a third place finish.

West Virginia will have 16 starters return next year (29th in the nation) including record setting QB Geno Smith, a star 1000yd/10td+ reciever and stud freshman back Dustin Garrison. Couple that with a decent defense (35th nationally) and the fact that they face only one real tough road game in having to travel to UT (OU, BU, KSU and TCU are in WV) I can see a third place finish.

It's not WHERE they are on the list. Its that they are ON the list at all.

From this morning's KC paper

1 - Oklahoma

2 - Oklahoma St

3 - West Virginia

4 - Kansas St

5 - TCU

6 - Texass

7 - Baylor

8 - Texas Tech

9 - Iowa St

10- Kansas

Weird. Just weird seeing the couch burners on this list. TCU, I get. I just don't think WV will stick around because of the geography.

wont stick around, meaning you think they wont be in the conference long? you are right though, it sounds weird thinking west va is in the little 12

I'd be surprised to see either West Virgina / TCU finish much above the middle of the pack.

And it IS weird seeing them on this B12 list. Oh well. Things change. And the blue marble keeps spinning.

I think the new system may bust up some of the odd moves we've seen. I think a lot of these schools made the move purely to be in a BCS conference, and with that requirement apparently going away, the need to make those awkward moves becomes less necessary. It'll be interesting to see how a lot of the realignment shakes out, because I think you may see some reentrenchment in conferences like potentially the Big East, the Mountain West, and potentially even the WAC. Have to see how it all plays out, but I think that's a potential repercussion (a good one, in my opinion) of the new college playoff system.

I do agree that seeing WV in the Big 12 is just... weird.