Fighting Erstad's vs the Wolverines.

From what I am hearing we need 1 win to make the B1G tourney but if we were to sweep and other things fall into place we have a shot at the number 2 seed for the tourney which would mean a bye. I just hope this change in starting pitching holds up as we really need quality starts out of the starters. Come on Kubat, Hander and whoever takes the mound on Sunday we need you to be solid on the mound.

The stat that John Nyatawa came out with showing how many runs we have given up with 2 outs is sickening somewhere around 41% of total runs allowed have been given up with 2 outs this year (or something crazy like that).

We can't really be too upset about the performance of the offense or the defense, I think pitching is the one area I am pretty disappointed about this year. We really need to get things turned around there to be where we all feel we should be, competing for conference championships and regularly making the ncaa tourney.

Agreed on the pitching--while it's been better and had moments of brilliance (Creighton, for example), it was our area of biggest need coming into this season, and still is our biggest area of concern--hopefully recruiting helps alleviate some of these concerns in the next season or two. Silva worked wonders to squeeze out what he could this year and did as good a job as can be expected with the arms he was provided.

And one game at a time for this team--let's get a win against Michigan so we know we're in the tourney, and then we'll worry about getting a bye (if possible). :)

The game is about to start. Lets get that first win out of the way today. Lets play some smart and disciplined baseball. Lets not be giving them extra outs. Come on guys come out these next 3 games and make us proud, how about we get on a nice winning streak to build confidence going in to the B1G tourney!

Obviously I am not watching it but a couple stolen bases and a wild pitch to put runners in scoring position is not a way you go about winning baseball games. Come on guys get your head in the game and focus. Gotta get this series. Don't be messing around with the 11th place team in the conference. Beat them and beat them soundly!

It really looks like we are just continuing the game with the Shockers. Errors, mental mistakes, allowing stolen bases and wild pitches. Not playing with very good focus and urgency early on in Ann Arbor against one of the lower teams in the conference!