War in Afghanistan coming to an end?

Kinda like Vietnam huh? Trillions of dollars waste. And lost our troops. Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan ..........

Yes, I'm a staunch isolationism guy and a member of America First. I belief our country should not be involved with other countries. My hero is Charles Lindbergh.

I love closing down all overseas bases, leave NATO and our navy ships ported in US east/west coasts plus ALL zero dollars for foreign aids. The only problem was at home........who cares about world crises and conflicts? And our defense budget slashed by one half.

Yes, Afghan "war" will end but final results? Vietnam II.

Claiming every military action the next "Vietnam" is like every political commentary claiming the other side is like Hitler.

WAY over used.

I agree . . . but the comparison is at least appropriate in that Afghanistan is already the longest war in US history. No comparison in US lives cost though, fortunately.

Claiming every military action the next "Vietnam" is like every political commentary claiming the other side is like Hitler.

WAY over used.

I agree . . . but the comparison is at least appropriate in that Afghanistan is already the longest war in US history. No comparison in US lives cost though, fortunately.

I guess I've never heard it used as describing the length of the war.

WAY over used.

Really? That's probably the most common usage that I've seen. Basically a different way of saying "quagmire."

WAY over used.

Really? That's probably the most common usage that I've seen. Basically a different way of saying "quagmire."

I guess when someone claims a military action is the next "Vietnam" I envision an action with no purpose, no support, no clear goals, large numbers of Americans killed for no reason, no strategy to actually win...bla bla bla....

that can be if it's one year long or 10 years long.

I guess when someone claims a military action is the next "Vietnam" I envision an action with no purpose, no support, no clear goals, large numbers of Americans killed for no reason, no strategy to actually win...bla bla bla....

Unfortunately, a lot of those look at least somewhat applicable to Afghanistan, right? I do disagree regarding the length of time. I think that any invocation of "Vietnam" to describe a conflict necessarily implies a lengthy war.

Unfortunately, a lot of those look at least somewhat applicable to Afghanistan, right? I do disagree regarding the length of time. I think that any invocation of "Vietnam" to describe a conflict necessarily implies a lengthy war.

If you are talking about the beginning of the war with the goal of kicking the crap out of the Taliban and Al Qaeda that was hiding out with them and trying to find Bin Laden who masterminded with others to attack us and kill over 3,000 people, then I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. If you are talking about most of what has happened since then....then, maybe.

Recall changed from Saigon to Ho Chi Minh City. After Afghanistan war ends, probably change from Kabul to Osama bin Laden City.

Without soviet-backer, Vietnam "confict" < Afghanistan war. Unfortunately, same results (IMO).

Taliban and Viet Cong was and is everywhere. Bee hive.

Honestly, the root cause was dear old US policies. If American isolationism policies was in place, then terrorists led by Bin Laden and Al Qaeda was no motivation at all against our country. Damn Israel.

Again, keep U.S. out of the world crises and conflicts.

What it boils down to, is politicians haven't allowed the military to be used in it's correct capacity since WWII...

Every conflict after that has some factor that doesn't allow the military to go do what it needs to. Blow sh*t up...

Our military is not a "peace keeping" force. Thats what the U.N. and N.A.T.O. are for. (which we shouldn't have any part in either organization).

Without soviet-backer, Vietnam "confict" < Afghanistan war. Unfortunately, same results (IMO).

Pakistan.

Pakistan air power

ww1-plane.jpg

Soviet air power

big.jpg

Pakistan ground weapon

48d532f68a042666ec5ef13d602928be.jpg

take that ! ;):P

Don't need those for the kind of war they're waging in Afghanistan.

Also, don't forget that Pakistan has these:

122390760_601n.jpg