Stanley Jean-Baptiste

I mean he barely came here as a RB. He was a cornerback from his freshman year. Maybe he was recruited as an ATH and given a token "shot" at RB but he didn't really come in here as a RB the way SJB came here as a receiver.

Okay. I buy that explanation because that's what happened...

I do think he has the raw talent to be good, but let's not have too high or expectations because he made one play. I remember a few years back when ciante evans was playing, he made a huge 3rd down stop against mizzou when gabbert was on the 1, he got hyped up a ton, and then was very inconsistent last year. I have high expectations for him, but i will be leanient during the beginning of the season.

I do think he has the raw talent to be good, but let's not have too high or expectations because he made one play. I remember a few years back when ciante evans was playing, he made a huge 3rd down stop against mizzou when gabbert was on the 1, he got hyped up a ton, and then was very inconsistent last year. I have high expectations for him, but i will be leanient during the beginning of the season.

Yeah, very similarly to Ciante, SJB's big claim to fame right now is that interception on a play where he got beat. Great for making the play on the ball that he did, he deserves the credit just as Ciante did. But not so great for the 1-on-1 vs the receiver on that same play.

Not sure how SJB did otherwise. Should be a good battle at corner. At worst, we'll have guys playing with both athletic upside and game experience, which I don't think was quite the case last year, particularly early on.

Yeah, very similarly to Ciante, SJB's big claim to fame right now is that interception on a play where he got beat. Great for making the play on the ball that he did, he deserves the credit just as Ciante did. But not so great for the 1-on-1 vs the receiver on that same play.

Not sure how SJB did otherwise. Should be a good battle at corner. At worst, we'll have guys playing with both athletic upside and game experience, which I don't think was quite the case last year, particularly early on.

That is what has me excited. It appears that he has the athletic ability and size to recovery and make a play when he makes a mental mistake. Once he learns the position he could be great.

Is Heard really back at RB? I was hoping to see Heard, Mo & SJB all starting.